Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

rear rack & tail tidy

manny

Hey Manny, I just got my rear carry rack this morning from B&B I got the black one I like the look of it but I was wondering if you have tried to remove your seat with the rack attached and how do you go about it. Looking at mine the only what I can see to remove the seat is to remove the whole rack. That would be a bit of a pain if that is the case. Cheers mate.

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Yeah mate your right you have to take the rack off to take the seat off, but you don't need to access under the seat very often. I have just replaced the tyres with motoz tractionator adventure tyres & was booked to go over to Tassie on the boat with 14 other adventure riders this weekend for a week but that ain't gonna happen so planning on doing a 4 day ride throught the high country this weekend hopefully 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Allen Kelly said:

Hey Manny, I just got my rear carry rack this morning from B&B I got the black one I like the look of it but I was wondering if you have tried to remove your seat with the rack attached and how do you go about it. Looking at mine the only what I can see to remove the seat is to remove the whole rack. That would be a bit of a pain if that is the case. Cheers mate.

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Do they manufacture a flat or matte black version? Also a center rear slot for moskomoto reckless 80 strap pass-thru would be aces.  Looks like they rolled over the finger slot...nice add.

Edited by T7JudgementDay
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, T7JudgementDay said:

Do they manufacture a flat or matte black version? Also a center rear slot for moskomoto reckless 80 strap pass-thru would be aces.  Looks like they rolled over the finger slot...nice add.

note sure about the matt finish you would have to contact them & yeah they welded some alloy rod to the finger slot & this makes it easier on the hand.

20 hours ago, manny said:

Yeah mate your right you have to take the rack off to take the seat off, but you don't need to access under the seat very often. I have just replaced the tyres with motoz tractionator adventure tyres & was booked to go over to Tassie on the boat with 14 other adventure riders this weekend for a week but that ain't gonna happen so planning on doing a 4 day ride throught the high country this weekend hopefully 

Mate that’s a bummer. Unfortunately we are all in the same boat at the moment I’ve been going off wondering around our local bush tracks but missing sharing it with my mates. When it’s all over well have to meet up in the middle somewhere and have a ride together.

19 hours ago, manny said:

note sure about the matt finish you would have to contact them & yeah they welded some alloy rod to the finger slot & this makes it easier on the hand.

I am positive they only do the powder coated gloss black and polished aluminium.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:40 AM, TimeMachine said:

My preference would be something like this with upper and lower side tubes one above the other and no higher than the seat, not stuck out the side making it difficult to swing a leg over it (reference to the Yamaha rack). From this image you can see where the upper and lower tubes might be with the upper tube following the line forward of the existing tube as shown, and the lower tube closer to the mounting point and eventually bending up to meet the higher tube. The tubes should be placed to provide room to fit both saddle bag straps between the tubes (thinking Enduristan Blizzards) to help keep the saddle bags from moving around.

The plate on the rear should have the Rotopax mounting holes and be shorter than the one shown, extending beyond the tail light and the sides of the T7 tail at least 30mm to make fitting straps easier.

It would also be nice to have mounts for the indicators such that the indicators sit under the rack and protected from a fall.

My issue with the design shown above is that i use more of the seat than is provided, and it sits higher than it should.

yamaha-rear-carry-rack-xt-250.jpg.1aff67749440e53885058924c35b2502.jpg

+1 on this design for the T7. Coming from a KTM640 Adventure so a smaller rack that allows a pillion would be perfect for me. 

Buongiorno io stavo cercando un portapacchi come questo ma senza perdere il sedile passeggere conoscete nessuno che lo produce

2 hours ago, Fulvio said:

Buongiorno io stavo cercando un portapacchi come questo ma senza perdere il sedile passeggere conoscete nessuno che lo produce

Ciao Fulvio,

Ho il portapacchi SW Motech, non perdi il sedile del passeggero e ha accessori per la scatola Givi

gpt_06_799_19000_1_xl.jpg

Ready for big adventures: Our ADVENTURE-RACK impresses with its extreme durability and function-oriented shape.

Edited by boboneleg

• 1 month later...

I have the B&B rear plate. It doesn't fit with the Rally seat so a bit of fabrication and a couple of brackets later and all good. I don't and won't be storing anything under the seat as unbolting the rack would be painful.

I also have the B&B tail tidy ( much better ) and bashplate.

Yea for Aussie manufacturing.

Now to design a panier frame system to fit with the B&B plate. I have a sheet of 4mm aluminium which might be interesting.

Pics later

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

4 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

I have the B&B rear plate. It doesn't fit with the Rally seat so a bit of fabrication and a couple of brackets later and all good. I don't and won't be storing anything under the seat as unbolting the rack would be painful.

I also have the B&B tail tidy ( much better ) and bashplate.

Yea for Aussie manufacturing.

Now to design a panier frame system to fit with the B&B plate. I have a sheet of 4mm aluminium which might be interesting.

Pics later

DSC02432a.jpg

DSC02435_LIa.jpg

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I’m liking that B&B rack. The space under the rear looks ideal for a spare tube, maybe a small flat bag that could be stored there? Any owners comment? 

92590498-5C6F-41BD-80E2-32971A77108C.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Called in to B & B offroad to see Gareths  new design rear rack, you can get optional bolt on handles & a bigger bolt on oversize alloy plate if required. The 2 rear clamp bolts pickup a steel support bracket.   

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

• Like 3

image.png.db1c3d086cdf4e432eb8a575a5d2c1dd.png

Do you have any more pictures of this clamp? Not quite sure how it is fitted...head exploding at the moment trying to figure it out LOL...

• Like 1

no I havnt got a photo but its a separate mild steel plate about 5mm thick that comes with the rack & it fits between the inner guard & top red cowl from side to side to support the rack

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi 
the b@b tail tidy looks great am interested but...

can I please ask the question  Are the indicators same width as original 240mm bulb to bulb? MOT in UK require this 

cheers 

Dave 

Added the SW Motech rear rack yesterday. Nice fit and easy to install. Bought it direct from SW Motech US and it shipped very quick to me. 

96662959-54EE-4581-B2E6-DCB49D8F0842.jpeg

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the B&B rear compact rack?  I am very interested in it, but it is a little pricey. Only $20 AUD cheaper than the larger rack, but half the size.  Add the grab handles and you are looking at $247 USD for a small rack.  Wish they could price it with the grab handles included or a lower base price around $200 AUD. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 1:15 AM, tj3089 said:

Has anyone tried the B&B rear compact rack?  I am very interested in it, but it is a little pricey. Only $20 AUD cheaper than the larger rack, but half the size.  Add the grab handles and you are looking at $247 USD for a small rack.  Wish they could price it with the grab handles included or a lower base price around $200 AUD. 

I am with you buddy. I am interested too but way too expensive😔

• Like 1