Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Another cracked frame!!

Canzvt

This thread is concerning to me especially because i've just changed my set up (that I haven't actually used yet aside from a garage mock-up) that centers around moving a 1.75 rotopax off my rear SW Motech rack (removing the rack too) and onto the LT side pannier rack with 30L soft bags on each side.  I did this to move a large amount of weight from up high and far back to much lower and farther forward.  It seems to have made a big difference according to taking it for a walk around my garage.  Your Rotopax(s) are really far backwards beyond the mount and I'm betting that has the most to do with it.  Mine will be centered between the two mounts.  Still a little concerning though, I really don't want to move it back!!  Most of my riding with this set-up will be "Adventure Touring"  though with off-road "spots" rather than mostly off road riding.  I have a whole other rackless set -up for that.  I guess I'll have to keep an eye on mine too.  Thanks for sharing.

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.