Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Indicator / Flasher Relay Location

CReamflourish

29 minutes ago, Whitey66 said:

They look exactly the same as mine. I'm fairly certain the ones fitted to Aussie T7's are MT-07 blinkers, we get the clear outer lens type.

I know they fit on the bike because I put a modified MT-07 tail tidy on my T7 and used my standard blinkers.

I like the look of the smoke lens type.

Thanks, yeh am thinking of getting them as they should just be plug and play (non-led). I'm okay with the look on the Aussie ones and Euro ones. the ebay ones are chinese knock-offs I assume so prob worse quality than the stock Yamaha ones, though in a few months I'll replace them with whatever cyclops makes. cause their 790 kits is off the hook gorgeous 

Just ordered the Ebay pair, $30 for 4 of them, with express shipping. let's see, not much to loose, they should look better than what comes with the bike and be plug and play. 

Edited by ScorpionT16

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Thanks, yeh am thinking of getting them as they should just be plug and play (non-led). I'm okay with the look on the Aussie ones and Euro ones. the ebay ones are chinese knock-offs I assume so prob worse quality than the stock Yamaha ones, though in a few months I'll replace them with whatever cyclops makes. cause their 790 kits is off the hook gorgeous 

Just ordered the Ebay pair, $30 for 4 of them, with express shipping. let's see, not much to loose, they should look better than what comes with the bike and be plug and play. 

Ya post up how those turn out when you dig into them. 

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I did find these on Yamaha Canadas site, and can be shipped. It says they can be used upfront too, just no DRLs. 

Does anyone know if these are just plug and play? I might cancel the eBay ones and just do these if it's easy. I'm not very good with electrical so don't want to go down the path of changing relays and all. 

Edited by ScorpionT16

I’m going  to install a buzzer to the indicator relay so I don’t forget that the blinker is on and wonder if this would give enough resistance for led indicators to work 

4786DE8E-F19D-44CC-B77F-F1DABB356A88.png

• Like 2

No friend, probably my mistake, but i've tried the rear ones with the relay and they didn't work... And i like the oem ones, but in my tail tidy, this Chinese probably are going to brake, but when i have time i'm going to try the 4 at the same time...

• 4 weeks later...

So.. the US spec signals are pretty offensive...

Anyone fitted any reasonable cost aftermarket signals with good success?

I would ideally like to avoid having to wire in an additional relay.

I chose Yam LED plus, not cheap, only available in EUR / ebay.

I'm sure there is a cheaper comparable alt.

Forget wiring in those big resistors, get a proper LED flasher relay to slow down the rate.

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct replacement, plug-and-play Gen2 LED Flasher Relay.

Bumping this back up...

anyone has updated on LED lights? With or without DRL?

also which replay did you guys go with for LED flasher?

I don't have a T7 yet (have a deposit in), but I'm already hatching a plan to replace the turn signals with the LED ones from the MT-03.  Reasonable cost?  Not really.  But I went aftermarket on my XSR and don't want to have to use the plastic mounting adapters again, I'd would prefer the factory Yamaha base. 

MT-03 uses a different harness plug, so I'll have to make some adapter harnesses to maintain intact factory wiring on the T7.  Now that that I've been through the process, have the right crimping tool, and know how to get great crimps on the micro pins (took a lot of practice on spare pins) I'm actually looking forward to it.

I was at a local Yamaha shop today and was able to check out the signals on the MT-03 - I like them.  Kind of silly that a bike less than half the cost of the T7 comes with much better turn signals.   

I’ll likely replace them with the Extreme Dual Sport TuffLites. Not cheap but super durable, made here in the USA and they stand behind their product. 

9770C2F6-7B4B-4BEC-815E-D39824E67D43.thumb.jpeg.0ae5ab6cecab74ad6327df8302d89507.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

I chose Yam LED plus, not cheap, only available in EUR / ebay.

I'm sure there is a cheaper comparable alt.

Forget wiring in those big resistors, get a proper LED flasher relay to slow down the rate.

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct replacement, plug-and-play Gen2 LED Flasher Relay.

So with the resistors that come with the Yam LED plus, they have a hyper flash rate? Figured a “oem” setup would have addressed that?

thanks for any insight. 

9 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

I’ll likely replace them with the Extreme Dual Sport TuffLites. Not cheap but super durable, made here in the USA and they stand behind their product. 

9770C2F6-7B4B-4BEC-815E-D39824E67D43.thumb.jpeg.0ae5ab6cecab74ad6327df8302d89507.jpeg

Me too. Already have a set for the rear. 

• Like 1

I felt spendy and with with the Proton 500 set for the FZ07.

They are painfully bright to look at directly, but not having something hanging off the bike at all really appeals to me. Plus they have an excellent reputation. And for those that only buy US made parts, this checks that box too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vtamb81 said:

So with the resistors that come with the Yam LED plus, they have a hyper flash rate? Figured a “oem” setup would have addressed that?

thanks for any insight. 

No they shouldn't.  The resistors simulate the equivalent load of an incandescent bulb and should maintain the "normal" flash rate if you add LEDs to either front or rear or both.

The stupid thing is a standard flasher module designed for incandescent bulbs will only work ( flash at the correct rate) with incandescent bulbs.  An electronic flasher ( flashes at a set rate regardless of load on the circuit) will work with both.  Why any OEM or aftermarket solution to a problem is to increase the load on a circuit is beyond me.

True: Why not spec LEDs all the way around, build with electronic flasher? Duh

Or know people may switch out for LEDs, then just mfg the bikes with Electronic flasher modules.

• Like 1

Hi guys the genuine Yamaha indicators I have for sale in the classified section of the forum have only been fitted to the bike then removed. 
I had an enquiry from a gentleman in Canada 🇨🇦 who wanted to know what it would cost to purchase and post to Canada 🇨🇦
I don’t know if any other Ténéré owner in Canada 🇨🇦 is interested but the total cost would £200 to your door 

Cheers 

13 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

Hi guys the genuine Yamaha indicators I have for sale in the classified section of the forum have only been fitted to the bike then removed. 
I had an enquiry from a gentleman in Canada 🇨🇦 who wanted to know what it would cost to purchase and post to Canada 🇨🇦
I don’t know if any other Ténéré owner in Canada 🇨🇦 is interested but the total cost would £200 to your door 

Cheers 

Thanks.  Can you detail why your selling them?

Hi I prefer the bigger indicators and if I drop my bike on the trail and cause the indicators any damage my current ones will be a cheaper replacement. The ones I am selling are £110 for just one pair  here in the UK 🇬🇧 so quite expensive. I have been known to drop bike and damage indicators  

Cheers 

...for me the blinkers have to be Swiss Made...😎😃

Just joking, but there are quite a lot of high quality manufacturers outside the US.

Btw. the bikes are made in Japan, France, Indonesia...

bon weekend,

Olli

3 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Hi I prefer the bigger indicators and if I drop my bike on the trail and cause the indicators any damage my current ones will be a cheaper replacement. The ones I am selling are £110 for just one pair  here in the UK 🇬🇧 so quite expensive. I have been known to drop bike and damage indicators  

Cheers 

Thanks, please share with us your completed indicator pictures.

One day when my order is delivered, I'll do the same.

Until now, I just parked my 690 after taking "for sale pictures."  😂🤣

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 9.39.07 AM.png

Edited by ADVUSA

On 6/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, motoAT said:

So.. the US spec signals are pretty offensive...

Anyone fitted any reasonable cost aftermarket signals with good success?

I would ideally like to avoid having to wire in an additional relay.

The Led relay is like 8$ and is a simple swap unplug stock relay and plug in new led relay just as easy as changing a fuse. If you get sequential led blinkers like I did you have to remove relay and jump out connection.  

20200612_203444.jpg

Edited by Mr.motarded
  • Like 1

ADVUSA this is my bike the day I collected it with the indicators on that I am now selling.

IMG_9615a.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

The Led relay is like 8$ and is a simple swap unplug stock relay and plug in new led relay just as easy as changing a fuse. If you get sequential led blinkers like I did you have to remove relay and jump out connection.  

20200612_203444.jpg

Which blinkers are these? This is what I want. 

They are just cheap ones off of Amazon.  I Dont buy expensive blinkers cause i end up smashing them off road. Just type in motorcycle led turn signals in Amazon search. These were 20$ for all 4. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

ADVUSA this is my bike the day I collected it with the indicators on that I am now selling.

IMG_9615a.jpg

Hello, thanks, I was interested to see what you wanted to end up with for signals. Cheers.

Edited by ADVUSA