Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Indicator / Flasher Relay Location

CReamflourish

ADVUSA this is my bike in its current style. You may have to zoom in to see the indicators.

Cheers Steve

IMG_0704a.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

ADVUSA this is my bike in its current style. You may have to zoom in to see the indicators.

Cheers Steve

IMG_0704a.jpg

Wonderful Steve. They look great and so does the rest!  Cheers.  🔑

ADVUSA Thank for the comments. I’m waiting for a Camel ADV bash plate when they eventually arrive in the UK

10 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

The Led relay is like 8$ and is a simple swap unplug stock relay and plug in new led relay just as easy as changing a fuse. If you get sequential led blinkers like I did you have to remove relay and jump out connection.  

20200612_203444.jpg

Have any links for us? For relay and blinkers? 

12 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Have any links for us? For relay and blinkers? 

Wont let me post link , but type in Slk Yamaha led relay on Amazon its 7.99 or go to tst industries and get their relay for Yamaha its nicer and you can adjust speed. 

The blinkers im using you have to remove the relay and jumper plug out cause they are sequential and require a constant 12v sorce. I dont want to recommend them yet cause not sure if they will hold up to the abuse.  Time will tell. If they hold up to a couple of my offroad rides then ill post a link, they are on Amazon.  I just searched led motorcycle turn signals.  These are the flowing (sequential) type. 

Edited by Mr.motarded

1 hour ago, Mr.motarded said:

Wont let me post link , but type in Slk Yamaha led relay on Amazon its 7.99 or go to tst industries and get their relay for Yamaha its nicer and you can adjust speed. 

The blinkers im using you have to remove the relay and jumper plug out cause they are sequential and require a constant 12v sorce. I dont want to recommend them yet cause not sure if they will hold up to the abuse.  Time will tell. If they hold up to a couple of my offroad rides then ill post a link, they are on Amazon.  I just searched led motorcycle turn signals.  These are the flowing (sequential) type. 

what wont let you paste link? No longer care about the links, but the software allows pasting links.

13 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Cheers Steve

IMG_0704a.jpg

I'd love to hear about your aux light setup! 

You can order OEM brackets, then pickup some less expensive Aux lights  (you don't have to spend alot there).

May need custom light-to-bracket mount work, not a big deal.

cheers. 

Edited by ADVUSA

A

Hi ADVUSA I only just spotted your question about my extra lights.

They are Denali S4 and they are fitted to the bracket that Yamaha make specifically for the job.

I did consider wiring them up myself but I read a few horror stories on the internet of people blowing there Ecu so I left mine to a Yamaha dealer to fit them. He did a very good job and I have a high low switch fitted as well.

BW3-H54A5-10-00_Fog_Light_Bracket.jpg

The bracket allows mounting of optional fog lights below the main headlight - clean design

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

• Like 1

I was wondering how the folks in US are adapting and mounting the round stalks  found on new LEDs to the tear shaped mount hole in the side cover?  

Thanks!

John

2 hours ago, flyloki said:

I was wondering how the folks in US are adapting and mounting the round stalks  found on new LEDs to the tear shaped mount hole in the side cover?  

Thanks!

John

I ordered these: image.thumb.png.6cf6cf733110fb7c9e6bcec05a53c19e.png

I'll let you know if they work.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 5:56 AM, Stephen H said:

A

Hi ADVUSA I only just spotted your question about my extra lights.

They are Denali S4 and they are fitted to the bracket that Yamaha make specifically for the job.

I did consider wiring them up myself but I read a few horror stories on the internet of people blowing there Ecu so I left mine to a Yamaha dealer to fit them. He did a very good job and I have a high low switch fitted as well.

BW3-H54A5-10-00_Fog_Light_Bracket.jpg

The bracket allows mounting of optional fog lights below the main headlight - clean design

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

Do you mind if you can some pictures at the area where they are mounted to the bike?

thinking these lights but need to see if they can be mounted with OM upper crash

Hi TimmyTheHog. The brackets for the light have actual mounting points  inside of the fairing. I have Yamaha Oem crash bars fitted and there is no conflict with the light brackets. 

471F790D-D587-4FF2-BB34-AC6219BC8682.jpeg

20C570CF-2CBB-408A-B8C8-53E00681EFA9.jpeg

• Like 1

I think they mount in the exact spot the Outback Motortek crash bars do.

I don't think you can use those with OM upper crash bars Timmy.

• Sad 1

On 6/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, motoAT said:

So.. the US spec signals are pretty offensive...

Anyone fitted any reasonable cost aftermarket signals with good success?

I would ideally like to avoid having to wire in an additional relay.

I will be reseating mine away from the stadard factory position so was looking for a nice micro turn signal when i come across these niffty things. 

I think my mind is made up on this one, hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, T7lee said:

I will be reseating mine away from the stadard factory position so was looking for a nice micro turn signal when i come across these niffty things. 

I think my mind is made up on this one, hope this helps. 

Just so people know, that link is for a store in Australia. People, when posting links please remember this is a world wide forum. Please mention the country of origin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PNWTEN said:

R&D work at cyclops almost done..

75B07B75-A4FB-4994-9C0D-3A6B1086B890.jpeg

Saw u r mounting the aux lights at another her thread. The turn signal yamaha ones? Or are those also Cyclops?

Edited by TimmyTheHog

I ride offroad a lot so Im going with the Click and Ride removable turn signals. Most stores charge $79.00USD for a pair, but Twisted Throttle has em for $47.98 a pair!  Big savings when you have to buy two pair! 

Get em here USA 

The CLICK’n’RIDE signals are the quick release turn signals we have all been waiting for. This kit is perfect for making a quick conversion from a road-going dual sport to a trail-ready dirt bike. Get yours today at Twisted Throttle!

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm one thing ... the Canadian version has the same bulbs as the MT07 ... 

... https://www.lightbulbs.com/automotive/2018-yamaha-mt-07-replacement-light-bulbs

Turn Signal Front Light: Eiko Incandescent Miniature / Automotive Light Bulb (40935)
.... #7443 - 1.85/.44 amp - 13.5 volt - T6 - Maxi Wedge Double Filament (W3x16q) Base

image.png.918776915e80006a0bef981f1292a7f5.png

Turn Signal Rear Light

Eiko Incandescent Miniature / Automotive Light Bulb (40931)
#7440 - 21 watt - 1.85 amp - 13.5 volt - T6 - Maxi Wedge Single Filament (W3x16d) Base

#7440 - 21 watt - 1.85 amp - 13.5 volt - T6 - Maxi Wedge Single Filament (W3x16d) Base | Eiko Incandescent Miniature / Automotive Light Bulb

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 12:35 PM, Baggey22 said:

Does the US Tenere 700 have DRL? 

Bumping this thread as nobody answered their question. 

Does the US version having front and back running lights that are always on when the lights are on, but still functions as a brake light and/or turn signals? 

Looking at getting these as they seem like thy work great if there is DRL on the USA 700. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756Z8PLZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ARHL164GNCEO7&psc=1