Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Indicator / Flasher Relay Location

CReamflourish

CustomLED sells the flasher relay, as well as the necessary pig tails to not have to cut any of your original wiring (connector to bike, or connector to blinker).

https://www.customled.com/products/yamaha-oem-turn-signal-connectors-3-wire

https://www.customled.com/products/yamaha-oem-turn-signal-connectors-2-wire-pair

https://www.customled.com/products/elfr-1-electronic-led-flasher-relay

No guarantees on fit as of yet, but those parts are what pulls up when you look for connectors for almost every other Yamaha. 

• Like 1

I bought these 3 pin and they work just fine from Ebay

s-l600.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for DMP - 900-0123 - Wiring Harness, Yamaha at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Edited by loneranger700

On 7/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, Vtamb81 said:

Yes the 4 pack I linked comes with 2 white (front) and 2 red (rear). 

regarding rear DRL, I think you can wire the red signal wire to either the constant power or the braking input power wires in the brake light loom. I have mine wired to the constant power, so they are always red when the ignition is on, but don’t get brighter when the brake is applied. If you wire it the other way (to the braking input wire) I “think” they will be off when the ignition is on, and light up when the brakes are used. 

regardless of which way you wire the rear, they are amber sequential when the turn signal is activated. 

Just following up on this post.  Any issues with your setup so far?  Are you happy with it?  So the LED light kit in your link includes four lights.  Did you buy the relay with the kit?  Where does the relay get plugged into?  And, how did you end up connecting the LED light wires to both the front and rear OEM wires?   Someone above posted a link to these Yamaha OEM connectors.  Would they work for both the front and the rear LED connections?  I'm trying to plan my tail tidy and LED light project all in one shot, and I'm a little intimidated when it comes to electrical work.  Thanks in advance. 

CL-YT3W-1_grande.jpg?v=1547233584

Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair), fits Yamaha Motorcycles Turn Signal Connector. Don't hack up your OEM harness! Use these OEM Connectors.

2 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

Just following up on this post.  Any issues with your setup so far?  Are you happy with it?  So the LED light kit in your link includes four lights.  Did you buy the relay with the kit?  Where does the relay get plugged into?  And, how did you end up connecting the LED light wires to both the front and rear OEM wires?   Someone above posted a link to these Yamaha OEM connectors.  Would they work for both the front and the rear LED connections?  I'm trying to plan my tail tidy and LED light project all in one shot, and I'm a little intimidated when it comes to electrical work.  Thanks in advance. 

CL-YT3W-1_grande.jpg?v=1547233584

Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair), fits Yamaha Motorcycles Turn Signal Connector. Don't hack up your OEM harness! Use these OEM Connectors.

Everything on the install is great so far. No issues. I’m very happy with them, especially for the price. Yes the kit I linked comes with 2 front and 2 rear lights. Relay is not included....I bought This One

Relay location is Here. right side of bike, behind small black triangular panel. 

To connect the new LED signal wires to the OEM wires I just unplugged the stock signals, cut off the connectors and about 6 inches of harness, and soldered/heat shrunk the wires together. 

the 3-pin connectors you linked will work for the front, “plug and play” because the front bike-side connectors are 3-pin. Won’t work plug and play for the rear because the bike-side connectors are only 2-pin (no DRL wire). You could still use these connectors for the rear, but if you want the DRL functionality, you’ll need to wire the third LED signal wire (DRL) to a constant power source like I discussed in the post you quoted. 

Edited by Vtamb81

1 hour ago, Vtamb81 said:

Everything on the install is great so far. No issues. I’m very happy with them, especially for the price. Yes the kit I linked comes with 2 front and 2 rear lights. Relay is not included....I bought This one

Relay location is Here. right side of bike, behind small black triangular panel. 

To connect the new LED signal wires to the OEM wires I just unplugged the stock signals, cut off the connectors and about 6 inches of harness, and soldered/heat shrunk the wires together. 

the 3-pin connectors you linked will work for the front, “plug and play” because the front bike-side connectors are 3-pin. Won’t work plug and play for the rear because the bike-side connectors are only 2-pin (no DRL wire). You could still use these connectors for the rear, but if you want the DRL functionality, you’ll need to wire the third LED signal wire (DRL) to a constant power source like I discussed in the post you quoted. 

Great, thank you for the detailed response.  Your link for the relay doesn't work.  Can you re-post it?  Do you have a pic of your front and rear setup?  Also, are you using a tail tidy?  Thanks again. 

13 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Great, thank you for the detailed response.  Your link for the relay doesn't work.  Can you re-post it?  Do you have a pic of your front and rear setup?  Also, are you using a tail tidy?  Thanks again. 

Sorry about that, I updated the link in the post. 

I don’t have any pics of the wiring, but here are the pics of the finished product. I’ve got the CamelADV tail tidy. 

34182F08-DAEE-4227-900A-05D46843437B.jpeg

7BC71760-1E9E-41C2-9D2E-CA63F64E661F.jpeg

25501FA6-96FC-4EED-963C-CCBCED7D0E27.jpeg

47AAF725-FA80-4CA0-83A8-FC815CA7C699.jpeg

F4BCB344-2BD4-4A21-8222-592042C393D4.jpeg

F5477E12-2920-4CC7-8C80-D32F9D28BE05.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm really surprised someone doesn't make a pass-through extension that already has a pigtail w/ female bullet connector that is just a plug and play solution for the rear lights for those of us wimps who don't want to cut or tap.  I'd certainly spend money on something like that.   Cyclops is supposed to have a plug and play kit out this week or early next.  Hope that happens and there are no delays. 

@Vtamb81  do your turn indicators on the dash work as expected?  I've seen some people w/ led lights report they stay on when turning. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rhicks said:

I'm really surprised someone doesn't make a pass-through extension that already has a pigtail w/ female bullet connector that is just a plug and play solution for the rear lights for those of us wimps who don't want to cut or tap.  I'd certainly spend money on something like that.   Cyclops is supposed to have a plug and play kit out this week or early next.  Hope that happens and there are no delays. 

@Vtamb81  do your turn indicators on the dash work as expected?  I've seen some people w/ led lights report they stay on when turning. 

Yeah, everything works fine on the dash. I was waiting for the cyclops Multifunction turn signals as well, and will likely buy them if/when these CHN signals break. I just couldn’t take those orange pumpkins any more!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:15 PM, rhicks said:

You know what. I could totally do this with some solder, yamaha connectors and wire. Gimme a few days to order some stuff and I could totally do this if it means helping y’all out.

Edit: Ordered some connectors!

Edit: I have all the accessories, I just need some time away from work to get everything put together.

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, loneranger700 said:

You know what. I could totally do this with some solder, yamaha connectors and wire. Gimme a few days to order some stuff and I could totally do this if it means helping y’all out.

That would be awesome.  👍

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking for a wiring diagram like this for the T7. I bought some Yamaha adapters but the wiring is wrong.

so according to this picture, I’ve hooked up the running light and the blinker but I don’t have a 3rd wire for the ground. I have the 3 pin adapter but they only have 2 wires in them. Do I need a ground?

I tested the lights and it seemed to blink fast, but it worked fine, and the running light worked too. Only got the chance to try 1 light but I’m worried about the missing ground. But I think if I switch the running light to ground it’ll only light up when I hit the blinker.

FA4D2B40-60B5-4774-855D-B8A6A1FFE7FE.jpeg

Edited by stridermoto
More details

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I posted on Cyclops Facebook page a few minutes ago.  Not happy with the overall purchase and probably should have went a different route.  

Just as a side note, my wife says the (rear) turn signals are hard to see in daylight.  That concerns me since almost all of my riding is in the day.  I believe in dusk or at night they should be fine though.

The brake lights she loves though.  She said they are very bright and look great. 

I finally got my turn signals installed. I did the front and had the dealer do the rear. I can finally give my opinion.
The flasher relay wiring was backwards. Thanks to Brian for asking me to check to see if the pins were in the correct slot. They weren't. That took me forty or so minutes to fix since I don't have a pin extractor. Front lights look pretty great. Love the DRL.
The rear lights, I am absolutely not happy with those. One of the LED lights looks to be defective. In this gif, which has the exposure down, the fifth one from the left has half of the area that doesn't light up. It's very noticeable up close but hard to catch on video. Light kit cost $138.01 shipped. I certainly hope these hold up over time because I really expected better quality control and why I ordered this kit from Cyclops instead of buying the cheap versions off Amazon for a third of the price.

cyclops1.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 8:09 PM, REDHORSECA said:

Amazon link for the TST Industries  RLYG2 adjustable LED flasher relay

2 Pin LED Flasher Relay for Honda Kawasaki Yamaha Suzuki (Gen 2) - RLYG2

=====================================================

I just got around to installing the TST Industries (RLYG2) adjustable LED flasher relay tonight.

Dropped right in like the OEM relay. I did it by just removing the seats. I didn't have to pull the right side panel.

Pulled the factory relay out from top of the bike. Disconnected the relay from the wiring harness. Pulled the rubber mount from the factory relay and put it on the TST relay.

For my bike, it was the two pin relay on the right side top frame rail under the main seat. Of the two relays sitting next to each other, it was the relay closer towards the rear of the bike.

Connected the TST relay to the factory wiring. Clips right in like the factory unit. Secured the TST relay with the rubber mount back onto the factory location.

Tested the LED turn indicators and they were blinking at the perfect rate. I didn't have to adjust the relay speed at all. Hazard lights were also blinking at the perfect rate.

It just took a couple minutes. Longest part was getting the rubber mount onto the new flasher relay. Sticking a small screw driver under the plastic clip for more room, some spit, and the rubber mount slid right into place.

Perfect replacement flasher relay for LED turn indicators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2020 at 6:14 PM, rhicks said:

This is what I posted on Cyclops Facebook page a few minutes ago.  Not happy with the overall purchase and probably should have went a different route.  

Just as a side note, my wife says the (rear) turn signals are hard to see in daylight.  That concerns me since almost all of my riding is in the day.  I believe in dusk or at night they should be fine though.

The brake lights she loves though.  She said they are very bright and look great. 

I finally got my turn signals installed. I did the front and had the dealer do the rear. I can finally give my opinion.
The flasher relay wiring was backwards. Thanks to Brian for asking me to check to see if the pins were in the correct slot. They weren't. That took me forty or so minutes to fix since I don't have a pin extractor. Front lights look pretty great. Love the DRL.
The rear lights, I am absolutely not happy with those. One of the LED lights looks to be defective. In this gif, which has the exposure down, the fifth one from the left has half of the area that doesn't light up. It's very noticeable up close but hard to catch on video. Light kit cost $138.01 shipped. I certainly hope these hold up over time because I really expected better quality control and why I ordered this kit from Cyclops instead of buying the cheap versions off Amazon for a third of the price.

cyclops1.gif

I had the same issue with the relay from them and my right rear signal never worked out of the box. It had to be replaced. Install on the rear IMO was cumbersome with all the wires threading through a small channel and the leads were almost not long enough using a stock fender.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yoshimura tidy tail, Yamaha UK turn signals! TST flasher Relay! 

20201104_141532.jpg

• Like 1

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

So I just hooked up my flasher relay and it worked for about a minute, now the signals just stay on steady. Did the relay break? Or am I missing something?

4 hours ago, DORTx2 said:

So I just hooked up my flasher relay and it worked for about a minute, now the signals just stay on steady. Did the relay break? Or am I missing something?

Relay is probably bad.

Not sure which one you got but I have the TST one linked a few posts up by @REDHORSECA.  Been working well fro a few months now.  It's also adjustable.

J

Yep my indicators do not flash. I think they did for a bit but quit! The turn signals work great and flash at a steady rate. But the Dash lights are just solid!  Crazy!

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

1 hour ago, helipilotxtz700 said:

Yep my indicators do not flash. I think they did for a bit but quit! The turn signals work great and flash at a steady rate. But the Dash lights are just solid!  Crazy!

What turn signals do you have?

How many? Front and rear

Did you replace the OEM flasher relay with an Electronic relay?

J

19 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

What turn signals do you have?

How many? Front and rear

Did you replace the OEM flasher relay with an Electronic relay?

J

Yes I used a TST adjustable relay,  I have all 4 of the Yamaha UK-EU led turn signals. I have the front DRL and rear brake lights hooked up. Everything is great except the Dash lights don't flash!

20200922_171112.jpg

Edited by helipilotxtz700

32 minutes ago, helipilotxtz700 said:

Yes I used a TST adjustable relay,  I have all 4 of the Yamaha UK-EU led turn signals. I have the front DRL and rear brake lights hooked up. Everything is great except the Dash lights don't flash!

Are the dash lights on all the time?

J

Only the Turn in dictators, if you hit the right turn signal the right turn indicator comes on but doesn't flash.  If you go left the left indicator comes on not flash. If you hit the hazard switch both indicators come on no flash. The turn signals flash perfectly. Only problem is the dash indicators don't flash.