Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Dibles

T700 Corrosion

Question

Dibles

Hi All,

Anyone having any issues with corrosion. She's done around 2500m in all weathers. I have a few fasteners on the bike which look like they have been outside for a while now all rusted over. Also i confirmed with the dealer that the spokes are not stainless steel. Mine are looking quite grotty already and just wondered if anyone is having any similar quality issues.

I did ACF50 the bike as soon as i got it so surprised to see any corrosion to be honest but it is what it is so just going to keep bathing it in that and GT85 and hope it doesn't get much worse

Loftylad

Keep a eye on your front spokes noticed mine are beginning to tarnish 

just the same as the rear.

Not good enough 1200 miles only.

Yamaha should be  replacing  with stainless.

Gazc

Both front and rear wheel spokes looking very secondhand after 500 miles. Got some other corrosion on the fasteners for the exhaust end cap and the shield. Going to replace them with stainless and keep an eye on the others for now. 

Great Escape

Although its a good idea to pay the extra or supply your dealer with the stainless steel spokes,  unless the dealer has a good arrangement with a wheelbuilder  you may be without your wheels for quite a while...it really varies from dealer to dealer.  John at Rally Raid is doing a good deal on part exchanging your own wheels for a set built with stainless spokes on nice gold anodized rims...using the OEM T7 hub.  Cheers Steve 

20200331_130117.jpg

20200331_130303.jpg

• Like 1