Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

John61

Has anyone tried a higher touring screen? I'm 6'4"so might be something I'm going to try but concerned it might cause buffeting. 

T7 rally.com make a bracket that bolts to the stock screen and allows it to be raised. 

If you give them a call please inquire for me when their foot pegs will be available ?

I've seen the t7 rally kit but think it might let large amounts of rain in when in the High position. I've seen the ermax as well but just wondered if anyone had experience and if they worked without causing buffeting. I had a V Strom that would make me nausious due to the side to side buffeting.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, John61 said:

I've seen the t7 rally kit but think it might let large amounts of rain in when in the High position. I've seen the ermax as well but just wondered if anyone had experience and if they worked without causing buffeting. I had a V Strom that would make me nausious due to the side to side buffeting.

Here's a review of the Ermax screen.

73040857_525682971497354_127527570830157

un essai de la bulle haute ermax pour ténéré 700. Des images pour comparer et le ressenti en roulant, tout est dans l'article!

It is all in french but I'm sure with auto translate you get the gist of it.

Edited by Stollure

The Puig screen seems to be nice. I still have had Puig screen on my Tiger Sport and it was ok!

• Like 1

Last month, I see a Ténéré with Ermax screen at the Brussels Expo. Look nice but not wider than original Yamaha parts. For me, it'll be  between Puig and Skidmarx...

I've gone for the ermax screen, I'll post about how I find it when I've tried it for a few miles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John61 said:

I've gone for the ermax screen, I'll post about how I find it when I've tried it for a few miles. 

Please do👍

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, BRUNO said:

...and the result with the Skidmarx screen?

Still waiting my wheels from Bartfactory. No ride from so many days.

Can someone report on the T7 rally kit ... does it produce clean air .. I am 6.4 and would be interested to know.

Cheers Aleks 

Can anyone think why they can't make a screen and side screens all in one piece?

The only reason I can think of is that it may crack on the inside corners, but this shouldn't be an issue if good quality materials are used.

I think if it was all in one piece with flowing edges and made in a black tint it would blend in with the bike much better when made slightly bigger on all sides.

There's no doubt that the Givi screen would give good protection but it's an absolute eye-sore.

Edited by Whitey66

Also found this screen. They also do side screens / deflectors. Many different colours.

Flip screens fit the original fairing with no alterations, using the original fixings. A Flip/Tall screen will provide better wind deflection than a standard screen, re-directing the flow of air up and over the bike, cutting down the wind blast that rider

Wind deflectors help protect the rider against wind and weather conditions. These are made bike specific to insure the best fit and are available in a range of colours. - Made from 3mm Acrylic - 16 colours available - Flame polished edge - Simple an

image.png.a45e0a42104aefcaf726b015e3857ea6.png

The Powerbronze screens look alright, but i'm not too sure about that beak 🤮

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 1