Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

John61

Purchased the Givi 2145S, the middle sized.

I have the risers. Which makes it possible to meet the ST height.

The Givi gives more protection, a little bit more buffeting, and a little bit less windnoise.

Great for colder weather.

I am not sure what the best position is, low or high.

I think adding some rings to the lower to bolts to make the screen a bit flatter will help.

The less vertical a screen is the better it usally is.

I put on the standard screen after testing the Givi. 25+Celsius was the reason 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Anna said:

Hey anyone have an adjustable screen? Thinking to go for something like this

Welcome to the forum.  The adjustable windscreen brackets can help, depending on your height, inseam, helmet type, etc.  Lots of variables to consider, but after installing one on my T7, I've ended up leaving it in the lowered position most of the time as I added a spoiler to the top that helped reduce buffeting.

This thread has a lot of good information regarding windscreen performance and modifications. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 hours ago, Anna said:

Hey anyone have an adjustable screen? Thinking to go for something like this

Didn’t look at the price but they both only go up and down, and there are loads the same quality that do the same. I got one on eBay for £20-30 if I remember rightly. Printed I think. Plastic so it will break and not your bike parts. A lot of us found all the positions are fairly useless and did other things like go lower. It works for some though. I would try a cheap one first. Or maybe get a tilting one? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 10:56 AM, RedStrom said:

Purchased the Givi 2145S, the middle sized.

I have the risers. Which makes it possible to meet the ST height.

The Givi gives more protection, a little bit more buffeting, and a little bit less windnoise.

Great for colder weather.

I am not sure what the best position is, low or high.

I think adding some rings to the lower to bolts to make the screen a bit flatter will help.

The less vertical a screen is the better it usally is.

I put on the standard screen after testing the Givi. 25+Celsius was the reason 🙂 

I have the same screen and use it for long highway trips.  I have put spacers of approx 8mm under the bottom mount screws to open up the air flow under the screen a bit.  Cuts buffeting down enough to where I can put my visor back on my offroad helmet.  Previously,  the visor mounted to that helmet would vibrate so bad my eyes would blur!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing.

I have tested the screen today and I have the possibility to change the height.

But at all heights there is turbulence. The screen is too vertical. As is the standard screen.

So I am going to look for spacers too.

I have also ridden without screen. That is the best. No turbulence at all, and the windnoise is not more than with the standard screen.

I want to protect dashboard and gps. So I am thinking about cutting the standard screen.

20 hours ago, RedStrom said:

Thanks for sharing.

I have tested the screen today and I have the possibility to change the height.

But at all heights there is turbulence. The screen is too vertical. As is the standard screen.

So I am going to look for spacers too.

I have also ridden without screen. That is the best. No turbulence at all, and the windnoise is not more than with the standard screen.

I want to protect dashboard and gps. So I am thinking about cutting the standard screen.

Just get a “sports” aftermarket screen. Or another to cut. The aftermarket’s are acrylic and can be cut, filed and sanded to smooth. I wouldn’t damage the original polycarbonate one. I accidentally ordered the standard replacement instead of the sports so had to cut it to the lower dimensions. Only took an hour to polish the edges back smooth. With steps like the WRS sports. 

BC0C7AE7-2B9D-4B5B-AEE9-8FE494DF9634.jpeg

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

Thanks. 
What is your experience with the lower than standard screens?

13 hours ago, RedStrom said:

Thanks. 
What is your experience with the lower than standard screens?

Just like riding naked. If you know what I mean. I tried it without but as you said you need to protect the clocks. 
I get wind noise ( tour x4 helmet is noisy as hell) but no buffeting.