Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

You’re kill’n me here

Yamaha,

You told your dealers , that information would be forthcoming  at the end of Jan., beginning of next month.

Your loyal customers  put money down.

WTF.

1 hour ago, gone2seed said:

Yamaha,

You told your dealers , that information would be forthcoming  at the end of Jan., beginning of next month.

Your loyal customers  put money down.

WTF.

I don't understand it either. I don't understand Yamaha USA one freaking bit. They sure rushed that stupid three wheeled bike over here right away like it was a real important missing link to the transportation market in the USA. I have yet to even see one on the road. My dealer says they can't even give one away. Everyone wants to look at it, test ride it but nobody wants to buy that Nikken. 

Meanwhile, the ADV and Dual Sport segment is about the hottest selling segment in the USA right now. And they have lost probably at least 75,000 sales to Honda and their Africa Twin as well as to KTM and thier many ADV bikes. 

This, after running a multi million dollar "World Raid" marketing Campaign. And then phucking nothing. WTF was that marketing campaign even for, anyways? 

Meanwhile , Kawasaki is about to release their new KLX ADV bike, and I hear that it will be out in six months or so. 

It's not like the T7 is an all new bike/engine. It's the same damn engine/tranny as the Fz/MT 07 and their are probably 100,000 of those in the USA.already. 

We are getting over 10,000 USA IP address visitors per day to this forum. We all want to buy this damn bike. Many are sick of waiting and have bought KTM just cause they are sick of this bullshet waiting game and total lack of communication. 

WTF Yamaha ?  WTF ??

• Like 1

Cruz,

I Dont blame my dealer. I don’t  believe the area sales rep. is at fault either. It goes to a corporate level. In 2016 I was going to purchase a Fj09. Waited, and waited. Got a left over fz instead. Great bike. No regrets

Yamaha has been playing this  game for a while.

...but when you can sell everyone you make-why bother?

Just pisses off you customer base.

A friend in the corporation I retired from told me years ago.  Management is a bunch of monkeys climbing  a pole.

At the top,when you look down, all you see are smiling faces. Looking up...all you see are a$$ holes.   

7 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Cruz,

I Dont blame my dealer. I don’t  believe the area sales rep. is at fault either. It goes to a corporate level. In 2016 I was going to purchase a Fj09. Waited, and waited. Got a left over fz instead. Great bike. No regrets

Yamaha has been playing this  game for a while.

...but when you can sell everyone you make-why bother?

Just pisses off you customer base.

A friend in the corporation I retired from told me years ago.  Management is a bunch of monkeys climbing  a pole.

At the top,when you look down, all you see are smiling faces. Looking up...all you see are a$$ holes.   

I dont blame the dealers or the reps. I used to be a factory rep in the electronics industry, the reps just handle communications with the dealers. Its Yamaha Corp.  Other factories release a bike globally, why cant Yamaha?