Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The right goggles…

Zebco Kid

Hello,

Until now, I have only ridden with a visor and sunglasses or prescription glasses. I’d like to give goggles a try. 

My helmet is a Scorpion EXO AT950. 

Rather than ending up with a bucket of goggles that aren’t worth a damn, is there a make/model that most people like?

Thank you. 

ZK

Recommending goggles is like recommending any other apparel, a very personal choice. If you wear prescription glasses and want Over The Glasses (OTG) goggles, then your choices are limited. I'm happy with my latest set - Scott OTG. They're comfortable, reasonably priced, and I got my preferred lens tint. For what it's worth, I tried a set of Leatt OTG and don't know why they have that designation? Never could get them to fit right with my spectacles. I mostly wear the same (Scorpion EXO AT950) helmet but generally only use goggles with an MX type helmet when my riding conditions for the day dictate a lighter-weight, more ventilated lid.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you. I thought this was the case, but thought I’d check before “filling the drawer.”

Cheers. 

ZK

+1 for Scott. Im wearing contact lenses when riding, but have tried Scott OTG goggles. My helmet is a Scorpion ADX-1, I guess it's the same as yours. Even with the visor removed, the opening of this helmet is rather small - so you need smaller frame goggles. I have Scott Primals, they're not expensive and fit well.

Scott Split OTGs did also fit well, they don't have a huge frame.

I have been using Scott for many years.

I have recently changed to Oakley Airbrakes

They are streets in front of Scott.

It's a personal choice.

I would recommend trying before you buy.

The benefit of bricks and mortar bike shops.

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I've run Scotts OTGs in the past before getting my distance vision corrected. They work ok though I usually would pull a little bit of the foam on top out to help them vent a bit better and delay fogging. 

Seems like the new hot ticket is the 100% brand these days but I don't know if they make an OTG specific goggle. 

+1 for having a brick and mortar store to buy from.  It's mighty nice to be able to walk out with something new that you know works, fits, is your size, etc. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I love my Klim goggle, I also have a pair of Dragons they are warmer its more of a winter goggles and they are bigger specifically design to fill the opening of a motorcycled helmet.