Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where can I buy this tiny axle wrench?

Oxxa

May be a genuine KTM tool kit he has inside the tool roll.

one of my ktm's/husabergrs has the exact same tools inside it. the stubby spanner in pic is accomponied by a flat pipe that slots over the end for more leverage.

taught i had a spare tool kit from Ktm but cant find it now.

I've been thinking about this one for a while...lighter and a little bit more compact than the RR tool (which I have):

MT-OTR-T700-Multitool-Yamaha-Tenere-700-

Aus hochfestem Aluminium 7075 CNC gefrästes Multitool Werkzeug für die Tenere 700. Extrem LEICHT, extrem...

But then, I could almost go Eastbound and indeed make dual use of it by adding the spoons.

Edited by Tenerider

If you are going to carry tire spoons, the Motion Pro ones with built in wrenches are very light. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

If you are going to carry tire spoons, the Motion Pro ones with built in wrenches are very light. 

I had looked at these in the past, they look good but don’t think they’re a good fit for the T7. The T7’s axle nut is recessed in the swing arm. I think they might just slip off.

I think the OP’s original idea of using flat spanners would also run into this problem and with very short levers the problem would be compounded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan M said:

I had looked at these in the past, they look good but don’t think they’re a good fit for the T7. The T7’s axle nut is recessed in the swing arm. I think they might just slip off.

I think the OP’s original idea of using flat spanners would also run into this problem and with very short levers the problem would be compounded.

Yes because of this im probably sticking to my RR T7 spanner

1 hour ago, Alan M said:

I have the Motion Pro levers and they work fine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I have the Motion Pro levers and they work fine. 

Cheers, that’s good to know. I thought they might be a bit tight to the swing arm. 👍

Motion pro spoon/spanner combo works for me, fits under the seat ta boot!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Buy Rally Raid one 

Our own design of heavy-duty axle spanner allows you to remove both front & rear wheels from Yamaha T7 Tenere, as there are no suitable tools supplied with the OEM toolkit. Featuring a special 27mm socket on one end...

does both wheels removal.
I used mine all the time and away on trip to adjust loose chain.