Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 - Skid Plates

tenerecanada

What about the idea to add the CamelADV Linkage Guard to the SW Motech Bash Plate ? 
Should this be possible ? 

I don't own either of this products, but i'm looking forward to get a more resistant bash plate than the OEM one ... 

Tom

Has anyone tried to fit a Camel Gut Guard skid plate with ADV Spec crash bars? Are they compatible?

22 minutes ago, CasualADV said:

Has anyone tried to fit a Camel Gut Guard skid plate with ADV Spec crash bars? Are they compatible?

I’m guessing they’re compatible. Look at pictures online - the ADV spec bars sit right under the rad at their lowest and the Camel gut guard sits well below that at its highest point. 

6 minutes ago, Samm said:

I’m guessing they’re compatible. Look at pictures online - the ADV spec bars sit right under the rad at their lowest and the Camel gut guard sits well below that at its highest point. 

Well ya. That makes a lot of sense. I was just on Camel's website and noticed ADV Spec wasn't on the list of confirmed fits, but what you said makes sense. Thanks.

On 6/20/2020 at 4:22 PM, Peter M DK said:

I am in doubt about getting the ACD or the Adventure Spec skid plate. 

Have anyone seen both in real life? What to get? 

PHOTO-2019-10-31-12-09-37_1200x1200.jpg?

Engine guard  Yamaha Ténéré 700 / T7 TenereModel year | 2019 - 2020   Skid Plate | Bashplate | Engine guard   Skid plate designed and manufactured by ACD Racing Parts to perfectly match the Yamaha Ténéré 700 model year 2019-2020 motorcycles. This skidplate...

adventure-spec-yamaha-tenere-700-bashpla

A 2.2kg bash plate designed to protect your sump, exhausts and frame rails from impact and slides. Made from 5000 series aluminium with PEHD skid rails this ‘plate is TiG welded and powder coated so that it looks as good as it performs.

I’m torn between the exact two choices! Which one did you go for and why?

23 minutes ago, Rowling_Thunder said:

I’m torn between the exact two choices! Which one did you go for and why?

I have not decided yet. 

But I think it will be the adventure spec. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Peter M DK said:

I have not decided yet. 

But I think it will be the adventure spec. 

Yeah I’m still torn to! 

The Adventure Spec is cheaper (£149), lighter (2.19kg), I like the PEHD skid rails and the fact that it’s got a few drainage holes in the bottom for washing out all the mud after your latest adventure. 

BUT...

The ACD bash plate does cover more which means more protection and is only slightly heavier (2.45kg) and seems to be the most popular aluminium bash plate here for those not going with the AXP plastic one. 

Anyone here have the Adventure Spec one, don’t seem to hear much about it 🤔

4 hours ago, Rowling_Thunder said:

Yeah I’m still torn to! 

The Adventure Spec is cheaper (£149), lighter (2.19kg), I like the PEHD skid rails and the fact that it’s got a few drainage holes in the bottom for washing out all the mud after your latest adventure. 

BUT...

The ACD bash plate does cover more which means more protection and is only slightly heavier (2.45kg) and seems to be the most popular aluminium bash plate here for those not going with the AXP plastic one. 

Anyone here have the Adventure Spec one, don’t seem to hear much about it 🤔

I have the ACD plate and more than happy with it. Easy to install using existing mounting points and offers much better protection than stock. I ride on quite a bit of gravel/off road here in NZ 🇳🇿 
Cheers

Julia

2409B833-4102-44AE-B9D3-CD73D795A196.png

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 2:47 PM, Fuz71 said:

I have the ACD plate and more than happy with it. Easy to install using existing mounting points and offers much better protection than stock. I ride on quite a bit of gravel/off road here in NZ 🇳🇿 
Cheers

Julia

2409B833-4102-44AE-B9D3-CD73D795A196.png

I’m certainly leaving more towards the ACD plate mainly because so many forum members are choosing them and have always got good things to say about them. 

The one thing I’m really interested in is whether the mud gathers in the bottom of it as it has a solid base and no drainage holes?

8 hours ago, Rowling_Thunder said:

I’m certainly leaving more towards the ACD plate mainly because so many forum members are choosing them and have always got good things to say about them. 

The one thing I’m really interested in is whether the mud gathers in the bottom of it as it has a solid base and no drainage holes?

Had the plate on the bike since November. It’s summer here so haven’t  been in any real mud as such, wet slushy gravel in this picture. Nothing had built up inside the plate. 

• Thanks 1

Edit this is incorrect, the tax should not have been added to the original sale (a mistake now rectified by ACD) so please check if buying from outside the EU - if buying a bash plate from ACD Racing you’ll have to add a further £44.85 to the cost for a customs charge taking the over all cost to £213.21 - that’s way more than the advertised £168.17

I’m having a very frustrating time dealing with ACD Racing, they won’t respond to my numerous attempts to contact them. Has anyone else had similar problems with the company? I’d appreciate any advice from team Tenere!

68BD502F-114E-46C2-ACED-93A3C7DBB509.jpeg

Edited by Rowling_Thunder
  • Like 1

Wow!  That's almost $375.00 Canadian.  A very similar product available in Canada sells for $300.00 Canadian.  It was the shipping that ate up your fun money.  But a nice bash plate just the same.  I like it.  

• Like 1

Right from there website.

Taxes and additional charges: 
The client is responsible for customs costs and taxes associated with the designated country of the package. 
The carrier or shipper can charge the customs costs and/or taxes of the delivery associated with the designated country when delivering the package. 
Countries outside the European Community DO NOT INCLUDE customs costs and can be subject to additional tax charges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Treps said:

You will find that most motorcycle products coming from Europe from any company is very likely to be subject to additional duty. There are plenty of cases out there, and plenty of warnings too. A return may be the only option out of this. Sad but that is the new reality. Good luck 

If the product is shipped from the EU to a non EU country, the seller should be able to deduct the sales tax ( 20% aprox. ) that the buyer will have to pay on his country.

Tax included normally means that the sales tax is included. When exporting, the seller should deduct it when invoicing. If they do not do it automatically ( when you enter the shipping address ), you have to ask to do it before you pay. Otherwise you en up paying the sales tax twice.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JMRS said:

If the product is shipped from the EU to a non EU country, the seller should be able to deduct the sales tax ( 20% aprox. ) that the buyer will have to pay on his country.

Tax included normally means that the sales tax is included. When exporting, the seller should deduct it when invoicing. If they do not do it automatically ( when you enter the shipping address ), you have to ask to do it before you pay. Otherwise you en up paying the sales tax twice.

It’s not sales tax coming into Canada it Duty.

• Confused 1

On 1/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, Limey said:

Has nothing to do with the company. Maybe you need to do some homework instead of bashing a great company.

Maybe you should have read the post a little more carefully, I had said I was disappointed with the company because of their lack of contact, I was not blaming them for the tax being added! Also I’m from the uk, not Canada so it is sales tax. 

• Like 1

ACD Update 

The company have now been in contact and have been very helpful. It appears that the tax on the original listing should not have been added to the cost of the sale (thanks @JMRS) and they have refunded me for this oversight. I was then able to pay the customs fee using my refund through UPS, making the total cost of the bash plate the advertised price including tax. 👍

For anyone buying items from the EU make sure that the invoice doesn’t include VAT as you’ll have to pay this when importing it.

Edited by Rowling_Thunder
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried an AXP skid plate with a Hepco & Becker center stand?  Seems the stand is somewhat similar to the SW Motech but curious to real world use.  Not specifically listed on their site.  

On 2/12/2020 at 9:40 PM, tenerecanada said:

AXP Racing

8mm HDPE Plastic

2.4kg

Compatibility: SW Motech Crashbars & Center Stand. Yamaha “basic” crash guards. 

299C6B17-3FB6-4A44-A31C-30E6BEE81604.png

A5710C7E-E3F1-43A9-A298-A08B2E2A0204.png

2B2F9B7E-637F-4D38-9798-0B662089A6CB.png

70512F05-697F-4523-A504-E750EB264B07.png

Is this AXP skid plate compatible with the OEM center stand?

Their site says yes after you trim the kickstand cover to clear it:

CENTER STAND COMPATIBILITIES:

- YAMAHA CENTER STAND : Needs to cut a piece of plastic in the skid plate. The section protecting the side stand sensor has to be cut off because it interferes with the center stand. A saw is enough
- SW MOTECH : YES

Edited by dashredder
  • Like 1

@Amani

I had to trim a little on the side stand switch protector, but since I had already bypassed that switch I wasn't too concerned.

• Like 1

One more question.... The video makes it look somewhat difficult to remove and reinstall for oil changes. What's your take on that? Easy, difficult or somewhere in between? Thanks.