Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Tenere 700 Fuses-Amp specs

Cruizin

Backup fuse? Same as spare?

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, H700 said:

The "bible" says...

Fuses.JPG

The owner's manual excerpt specifies the auxiliary fuse at 2A, but does specify the accessory fuse.  From the first post, it seems to be 10A.  What is the source for the first post?  Shop manual?

• 1 year later...

Which fuse is for the car cigarette lighter, accessory or auxilary? I bought a tire pump, but it blows the 2A fuse on my scooter (still haven't received my T7) The maker doesn't respond to my enquiries about the amp rating on the pump.

Edited by Jellebo

• Moderators

@Jellebo You might have to utilize the trial and error method. Plug a 2A or less device into the T7 cigarette lighter socket, then pull fuse # 4 then #5 ( in the schematic 2 posts above) and see which fuse feeds it. 

Here's a good thread to read regarding accessory plugs.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 10:39 AM, H700 said:

The "bible" says...

Fuses.JPG

I have the pdf manual.  Is this page from that? 

On 6/5/2022 at 7:01 AM, AZJW said:

@Jellebo You might have to utilize the trial and error method. Plug a 2A or less device into the T7 cigarette lighter socket, then pull fuse # 4 then #5 ( in the schematic 2 posts above) and see which fuse feeds it. 

Here's a good thread to read regarding accessory plugs.

#5 2A 🙂