Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
T700

Tuning the Cp2 engine

Aleksandar13
6 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

Yes,

I'll break it down for you:

Rapid Bike EVO - real time auto adaptive fuel controller, transferable to other bikes, just need to buy bike specific harness and get the unit reprogrammed for the new bike by a Rapid Bike dealer.  Has add on modules you can add later if you wish, like quick shifter, Blue Bike, You Tune, etc.

Rapid Bike  Exclusive - same as EVO, but locked to only have the programming for the bike it's for.

Rapid Bike RACE - same features as EVO, but adds a static timing map for the bike it's programmed for (and it makes a difference, I've had both on my Yamaha R3 racebike).  You can also go into the software and change the timing if you wish, for race gas, etc.  Has the same add on modules as the EVO, but more functionality is available in the RACE then the EVO for certain things.

I'd hold off on getting it though.  I work for a place that will most likely be a Vendor on this forum, and we will be offering group buys on several products for the Tenere 700.  I have one of these bikes on order personally in the USA, and can't wait to get my hands on it.  I also race a Yamaha FZ-07, and there are some parts that cross over since it uses the same exact engine.

So again, I'd hold off, because you may get a better deal when we become a forum vendor.

And just so everyone knows, I'm not here to solicit.  I don't make commission on the products sold at my workplace, so I have no angle here.  I'm getting a Tenere 700 for myself so I'm just as much of an enthusiast as everyone else on this Forum.  When I DO post stuff that leads to a link of some new product, etc, it's really just to make people AWARE that these products exist, as many may have never heard of them before, since the shop I work at caters to Italian manufacturers.

🙂

- Paul

Great thank you for your explanation... Before I am ready to pull the trigger I will check here first. 

Don't think for me personally I would need it to be transferable to another bike so the exclusive might do the trick. 

This mated to the exhaust and a Mwr filter with the plate for the airbox should make the bike song up to the top. 

Let us know how what products are in the pipeline. 

Aleks 

pgeldz
10 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Great thank you for your explanation... Before I am ready to pull the trigger I will check here first. 

Don't think for me personally I would need it to be transferable to another bike so the exclusive might do the trick. 

This mated to the exhaust and a Mwr filter with the plate for the airbox should make the bike song up to the top. 

Let us know how what products are in the pipeline. 

Aleks 

Will do.  In the process of becoming a forum vendor as I type this...

🙂

- Paul

• Like 1

Bad Pritt

With a group buy of the Rapid Bike  Exclusive i'm interested!!!

• Like 1

pgeldz
1 hour ago, Bad Pritt said:

With a group buy of the Rapid Bike  Exclusive i'm interested!!!

It's happening!

I'm working out the details now...

Check the BellissiMoto section in the Vendor area soon!

🙂

- Paul

• Like 3

DWEL700

How will these effect warranty?

pgeldz
52 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

Warranty claims are handled differently different countries, but since Yamaha themselves have a foam filter I wouldn't think it would matter much.  The filter is easy to access, so if you need to have service work done, it's easy enough to remove and install the OEM components 🙂

- Paul

pgeldz
55 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

If you were talking about Rapid Bike, please PM BellissiMoto.

DWEL700

Sorry I meant the tuner not the air filter.

Aleksandar13
On 4/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, pgeldz said:

It's happening!

I'm working out the details now...

Check the BellissiMoto section in the Vendor area soon!

🙂

- Paul

Paul thank you for all the input... I think what most of us are keen to see is some dyno charts from mt07 forums. 

I personally would like to see a before and after of filters as well as a before after with tuning module. 

If you could post something this would really be helpful to us all. 

Appreciate it. 

Aleks 

pgeldz
2 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Paul thank you for all the input... I think what most of us are keen to see is some dyno charts from mt07 forums. 

I personally would like to see a before and after of filters as well as a before after with tuning module. 

If you could post something this would really be helpful to us all. 

Appreciate it. 

Aleks 

All the before/after charts of the filters can be found here:

fz07_sharer_logo.png.3fd3e4f66c84e31060f

Hi everyone... So, its finally time to do my 8K service, and I thought Id change my DNA air filter to a new one. Im pretty particular, so I never just clean, re-oil, and reuse these reusable filters...I just buy a new one. I figured instead of ordering a new DNA filter from Greece (there are no U...

All the charts I have after I removed the Power Commander and installed Rapid Bike were with my built motor for MotoAmerica, so it would be of no use unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bad Pritt

Does any1 know if it's possible to get the fan starting at a lower temperature with the RB module?

• Like 1

2 Wheel DynoWorks
3 hours ago, Bad Pritt said:

Does any1 know if it's possible to get the fan starting at a lower temperature with the RB module?

The cooling fan engagement temperature is lowered to ~200 degrees Fahrenheit with our ECU flash!

-2WDW

• Like 1

2wheellogo.jpg

pgeldz
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Bad Pritt said:

The fan temp control is within the ECU.  However, I race my FZ-07 (same CP2 motor) with a full Rapid Bike set up in 110 degree heat and it doesn't run hot, so I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

I've seen too many tuners at the track use over aggressive timing and/or improper fueling (lean condition) to make power, at the expense of more heat into the engine, then use the fan temp to try and control it within the ECU.

If the fueling and timing is right to begin with, which Rapid Bike does exceptionally well, you shouldn't run hot.

🙂

- Paul

Edited by pgeldz
  • Like 2