Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Holland

MichelP

Hello all!

I'm a rookie motorrider, just got my drivinglicence last summer. Bought a 2016 KTM 690 Duke, nice bike to make my first free KM's on. Did a testrun om a Yamaha Tenere 660 but secondhand prices stopped me from buying on. That same day I had a testdrive on a Tenere 700, after the 660 I could only say wow wow wow, great bike, for a great bike. But no delivery data's so, that was a no go, waiting for maybe 4 or 5 month. The KTM was I bought for a sharp price, was a good start and a lot of fun. But the 700 stayed at my mind. Did shoot my Yamaha dealer a e-mail with foto's and information from my KTM, asking him to make me a offer voor a white/red 700. Dit the same towards my KTM Husqvara dealer for a 690 enduro r or 701 enduro. Both offers suprised me.... The Tenere 700 offer was great, and delivery was fast! KTM offer was really poor and way off what the dealer indicated in the showroom.....  The Tenere looks great  is more a no brainer for reliability but a bit heavy. 690/701 light, but al the users did have some problems. Wheigt great  and look also cool.

I'm here to learn more, and take my Tenere 700 offroad. Bike is complete stock. Looking at different upgrades. Hope Adventure Spec is bringing a bundel just like the did for the CFR 250L  Like their light is better approach.