Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How do you like the forum so far? Any requests or feed back? Please respond

Cruizin

I created this forum in 2018, in the middle of the big "World Raid" marketing. I figured that with all that marketing, the bike was about to be released. Boy, was I wrong!  

I like forums. I feel that forums are for learning and sharing. Helping ea other. Laughing with ea other. I have made some outstanding friendships on forums. I have also been heartbroken when fellow riders have gone down and perished on their bikes. So safety discussions have always been a big part of the forums that I manage. 

I want to keep this forum fun and beneficial to everyone. So, please post below if you have any feedback or suggestions. 

What would you like to see different? Any new ideas? 

• Like 2

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to you for setting this up and allowing to share our experiences. I've learnt a lot already and hopefully shared some experiences too.

This is still a very new bike, so I'm sure there's so much more technical stuff to share along with new products that keep coming out etc. I'm looking forward to some remap graphs being posted up! Maybe I will soon.

What is a given is that it really is an amazing bike, no question. I'm gutted that the US boys and gals haven't got to try it out, but trust me it's worth it.

So more of the same and hope we can all learn tips and tricks.

Thanks

• Like 2

Thank you for creating this forum.

Always sad to hear about fellow riders who have gone done.

Its good that this forum hasn't been infected with the mindless twaddle like the other "forum".

Thank you to the posters who keep on topic. 

• Like 2

👌Man, I think you are on the right track. If we don’t have the individual forums our learning base shrinks dramatically. We would have greater difficulty in learning about our bikes which in turn gives us the enjoyment of being able to have the database for information when we want to do our own thing to our bikes. Great work mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich TT said:

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to you for setting this up and allowing to share our experiences. I've learnt a lot already and hopefully shared some experiences too.

This is still a very new bike, so I'm sure there's so much more technical stuff to share along with new products that keep coming out etc. I'm looking forward to some remap graphs being posted up! Maybe I will soon.

What is a given is that it really is an amazing bike, no question. I'm gutted that the US boys and gals haven't got to try it out, but trust me it's worth it.

So more of the same and hope we can all learn tips and tricks.

Thanks

We do need more tech tips. Next time you guys are installing something, or changing oil and filter or whatever, please take pics of each step and come back and write a tech tip for others to learn. 

Everyone used to do this on bike forums, but then facebook groups came out and everyone got lazy and now mostly just post pics bragging about what they bought.  Well, this isnt facebook. You UK and AUS guys, we are waiting to see your tech tips. 

For inspiration, see our MT07 tech tips section, its HUGE https://fz07.org/forum/16/yamaha-fz-07-tech-tips/

Here is our Tracer 900 Tech tips section https://www.tracer900.net/forum/21-fj-09-tech-tipshow-to039s/

Like I said, forums are for learning AND sharing. 

fox tv sharing GIF by American Grit

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah thanks on setting this forum up. Think you are hitting the right balance of keeping it good clean fun, informative and on point tech tips etc. and the no nonsense approach of moderation deletion etc. Fun yes, banter yes , sharing yes, debate yes, correcting errors yes, healthy opinions sharing yes, abusive comments no. Yeah more for the same with more meet ups etc. The first Original MT10 forum was great but fell away and disappeared due to administration abandonment and that was a huge loss of good data and good banter. Healthy debates did ensue. Use of Search will now become more needed as new owners tend to ask similar questions already asked etc so searching first may help. Photos and trips will grow as UK heads for summer, e-ha.

• Like 1

I love the site - usually check in daily.  Can't wait to have a 700 and making some mods.  Its all good - great job in setting up an environment where we can meet and talk about the stuff our "better halves" are sick and tired of listening to especially for us that have to wait until June.

Cheers to you @Cruizin

-Bob

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Great site for sure, keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to getting my T7, and I have plenty of other projects that keep me busy, before I know it my T7 will be here and it will be time to ride!

I'm sure there content will keep on coming as time goes on.

Only suggestion, a hope really, just keep the site going for years to come!

Tazmool

• Like 2

Thank you so much for this forum! I prefer the international access and thereby the higher possibilities!

Knowledge is everything! Thanks you bros, regards!

Thank you for making this possible for all us owners to brag about our Passions and the shopping we have made for the bike.. Please don't share passwords with the wife's... Could become dangerous 🤣🤣

Might ask if there is any chance of becoming premium member by paying a fee? 

And if this is the case would this remove the limit of pictures per post.. This is the only thing that I could complain about... Lol 

Happy riding and keep it safe 

• Like 1

Just thought of something else.

Re-order threads by newest first (or at least have the option to) so we don't have to do as much scrolling to get to the latest replies?

• Like 1

Another vote of thanks for setting up the forum. I like the international content and with the bike being so new the tech tips and general discussion are really useful.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CReamflourish said:

Just thought of something else.

Re-order threads by newest first (or at least have the option to) so we don't have to do as much scrolling to get to the latest replies?

You dont have to do any scrolling to get to the latest replies to a topic. 

Did you read the topic that was pm'd to you when you joined? It is titled "How to post pics and do most anything else on the forum".  Here is the post that shows how to get to the last reply. you just click the "dot" or the "Star" in front of each topic title, that takes you to the unread replies. 

Soon, we will add the option to set your own default settings in Account settings. We will have this in the next few days.

In your account settings, it will be called "content view behavior" options. 

It will look like this

content-behavior.thumb.jpg.89eae2b216f4b132ee3ffba76cf80237.jpg

• Thanks 1

If You click the "Next unread topic" button and there are no more unread topics, you get an error message. Would it be possible to instead of the error message the forum would jump to the main screen, possibly with a some kind of message? As You can see, fairly small are our problems.😄

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced