Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Some new Add on bits.

Allen Kelly

I have just received my new GB Racing Secondary Alternator Cover and Clutch Cover and so I have installed them. It was a very simple task all that was needed was to remove 4 bolts each side and place the cover over top of the existing covers as protection in case of impact. Instructions are supplied as well as replacement bolts. When doing the alternator side the bike it is required that the bike be upright as you may lose a small amount of oil. This never happened when I did my bike. Once all bolts are in tighten them to 10nm and you are done. Easy as. While I was in a working mood I also installed a set of Barkbusters as well. Very pleased with the outcome.  

IMG_1291.1.jpg

IMG_1292.1.jpg

IMG_1294.1.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 years later...
On 2/20/2020 at 9:26 PM, Allen Kelly said:

I have just received my new GB Racing Secondary Alternator Cover and Clutch Cover and so I have installed them. It was a very simple task all that was needed was to remove 4 bolts each side and place the cover over top of the existing covers as protection in case of impact. Instructions are supplied as well as replacement bolts. When doing the alternator side the bike it is required that the bike be upright as you may lose a small amount of oil. This never happened when I did my bike. Once all bolts are in tighten them to 10nm and you are done. Easy as. While I was in a working mood I also installed a set of Barkbusters as well. Very pleased with the outcome.  

IMG_1291.1.jpg

IMG_1292.1.jpg

IMG_1294.1.jpg

I recently installed the same GB Racing covers as well as the water pump and hose covers.  I see you left the clutch arm guard off as it no longer fits, but I've seen where others cut it to fit and installed it with one bolt.