Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Auxiliary lights - what to choose?

Fabros

4 minutes ago, NickT7 said:

Hi Allen, yes I understand your situation. The OEM mounts are very close to the headlight unit. So with the outback crashbars is it maybe a difficult situation. I have the we motech lower crashbars so I don't have not any problem at al. It's difficult to give you a good advice. Maybe you can order the OEM headlight mounts and if they don't fit you send them back? Gr Nick 

Thanks Nick that how I was thinking I am going into my dealer tomorrow to ask if I can return them if they don’t work out. I know that Outback make up mounts for their bars for the Denali lights that may be the way to go. Cheers mate

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, DORTx2 said:

I forgot to post my lights before but the s2 pro's are absolutely amazing. 

IMG_20201213_1637455.jpg

IMG_20201105_1007371.jpg

Any help on the wiring of this setup? specifically running data dim denali units?

Edited by tom_k

3 hours ago, tom_k said:

Any help on the wiring of this setup? specifically running data dim denali units?

It was my first wiring job so I cant really give you a detailed walk through as I was learning as I went. Is there anything in particular I can help you with?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DORTx2 said:

It was my first wiring job so I cant really give you a detailed walk through as I was learning as I went. Is there anything in particular I can help you with?

Did you use the Denali wiring diagram they provided? 

2 minutes ago, tom_k said:

Did you use the Denali wiring diagram they provided? 

My lights were baja designs lights and I hooked them up to a skene controller. I believed I used the diagram that skene provided.

• 1 month later...

Just installed this light bar under the headlight and I love it. Picked up the light on amazon for $20 and a bracket on ebay for $25. Wired into switched power so they won't stay running if the bike is off and hooked in a toggle switch ($7) that I mounted on the Tusk accessory dash panel for $25. All in spent around $80 and couldn't be happier. It works great to illuminate the area around me that the headlight misses when I'm on the trail at night.

IMG_20211018_210329.jpg

IMG_20211020_104058__01.jpg

Edited by tydubs@gmail.co
  • Like 2

Nice job on the bike! I love the light bar vs the pods. Unfortunately I’m going to end up with pods. 

Now when’s that water heater gonna get installed? (Some things jump out at me lol)

• Haha 1

• Moderators

@tydubs@gmail.coThe dog's reaction is priceless! 

• Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Baja designs s1 spot mounted on OEM brackets wired  using Denali water proof switch and an auto relay, 100% on driving lights. Keeps the cagers on their toes.  Future plan for Denali D-7s for  very dark conditions and isolated highway visibility.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, tydubs@gmail.co said:

Just installed this light bar under the headlight and I love it. Picked up the light on amazon for $20 and a bracket on ebay for $25. Wired into switched power so they won't stay running if the bike is off and hooked in a toggle switch ($7) that I mounted on the Tusk accessory dash panel for $25. All in spent around $80 and couldn't be happier. It works great to illuminate the area around me that the headlight misses when I'm on the trail at night.

IMG_20211018_210329.jpg

IMG_20211020_104058__01.jpg

Can you post links to the items you bought?  I am interetsed to experiment with extra lights but not willing to spend $$$ yet.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, Frances said:

Can you post links to the items you bought?  I am interetsed to experiment with extra lights but not willing to spend $$$ yet.

Yeah, here you go: Light + Bracket + Accessory dash panel + Example of the toggle switch I got, just go to the hardware store and you can for sure find one cheaper
Tapped into switched power and ground with some Posi Tap connectors
Attached the wires to the toggle switch with some basic push on terminal connectors

Here's my bad ms paint wiring diagram. Yellow and black horizontal lines represent the existing switched power and ground behind the right side fairing. 

image.thumb.png.0301b04fdbf05b93d3696b8aef6c5213.png

The way I did this is almost certainly not best practice, but it works, so idgaf. Copy my work at your own risk, I'm sure plenty of people on here that understand wiring far better than I do can tell you all the problems with what I did.

Edited by tydubs@gmail.co
  • Like 1