Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommend me some footpegs

Duncan666

Hi I’ve just purchased these from samracing.com. They are the Rally version but I believe the bigger cage can be removed which would leave the pegs pretty much the same size as the Oem ones. The springs they come with are very strong and are bent the wrong way but there is enough there to remove part of it and it will still function well. Not ridden with them yet due to lockdown but they do feel nice and grippy plus comfortable when sitting on the bike. I think there the same height as the Oem pegs. 

DF68827D-927B-4C2C-BA72-9F9CD2BC73DA.jpeg

8F867D48-4B78-4498-8906-312D12ADBAC6.jpeg

052430C0-D3B4-4387-B4ED-998E260BC20D.jpeg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

Hi I’ve just purchased these from samracing.com. They are the Rally version but I believe the bigger cage can be removed which would leave the pegs pretty much the same size as the Oem ones. The springs they come with are very strong and are bent the wrong way but there is enough there to remove part of it and it will still function well. Not ridden with them yet due to lockdown but they do feel nice and grippy plus comfortable when sitting on the bike. I think there the same height as the Oem pegs. 

I think you mean ... http://www.samracingparts.com/17_yamaha ... 

These do look nice. 👍

... Footpegs width: 62 mm.

• Like 1

Hi as MGG has said I put the wrong link it should be this. For anyone wanting the red variant like mine they do look the wrong colour on the website but they are a nice red when they arrive.

pedane-yamaha-tenere-t7-rally.jpg

Pedane maggiorate in Ergal ricavate dal pieno e anodizzate in vari colori. La pedana comprende: corpo in Ergal anodizzato, inserto dentato interno in Ergal anodizzato, inserto dentato esterno in acciaio inox e un ulteriore inserto (Rally) in acciaio inox di...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MGG said:

Did you ordered the Pivot Pegz MK3 or did you manage to get the new MK4 which is supposed to be a bit larger?

I have not seen the MK4 anywhere except from someone who got them for testing (directly from the manufacturer)

I heard that the MK3 are quite small, but I have yet to see them.

Any tips on how the MK3 behave under the boots? ... are they large enough?

I didn't know anything about a MK4 release when I ordered the MK3.  I have these on my S10 and they won't fit my new T7.  I find them quite comfortable and the pivot action is sweet.  After about one hour of standing while riding gravel or double track, my feet get tired and sore but i blame that on the sole of my boots;  too soft!  Caution:  I ordered direct from Pivot Pegz and the cost was high!  After exchange and duty and taxes (got scewed by the courier DHL for $54) the total was about $330.  (CDN)

Pivot Pegz Mark 3.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Petebcca said:

I didn't know anything about a MK4 release when I ordered the MK3.  I have these on my S10 and they won't fit my new T7.  I find them quite comfortable and the pivot action is sweet.  After about one hour of standing while riding gravel or double track, my feet get tired and sore but i blame that on the sole of my boots;  too soft!  Caution:  I ordered direct from Pivot Pegz and the cost was high!  After exchange and duty and taxes (got scewed by the courier DHL for $54) the total was about $330.  (CDN)

Pivot Pegz Mark 3.jpg

Thanks for the info ... and ouch that hurts the wallet big time ... 

I was hoping this would help to compensate for my stiff boots.

I am shopping around and in no rush to buy ... for the time being I am still without a T7 until it gets delivered out east ...

I will probably look at something else more price friendly ... but it's always nice to have all the info.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, Gpk183 said:

I have these on my drz and they are perfect

s-l400.jpg

WR400F 1999-2000. WR426F 2001-2002. 22mm Folding Brake Clutch Lever Perch Pit Dirt Bike Kayo Apollo 110 125 150CC. WR450F 2003-2018...

Are these going to fit the T700 as well...? 

They look good value for money.. 

Thank you, 

Aleks 

Anyone know if pegs from a WR (250/450) will fit?

i have read elsewhere they do?

• Like 1

Sorry, I should have said that I offered them up to the Yamaha and they were a little wide so they fit but they cant bend back. I think if I take a skim off them they will be ok but I haven't had the chance to do it yet. 

1 hour ago, Hoylie said:

Anyone know if pegs from a WR (250/450) will fit?

i have read elsewhere they do?

Yes, the WR450 go straight in. If you look further up the post, I've fitted some Titanium Bling WR450 footpegs from 24MX. Absolutely delighted with the quality, look and feel (plus they're 200g lighter!).

• Like 2

I am trying the Yamaha offering adventure pegs. I have used many different aftermarket pegs with great success on my KTM's. CJ Designs and Black Dog Cycle Works have been my goto's for years. Pricey but worth it.

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

The Pro Footpegs from Moose Racing are an excellent design - I've used them on my XR650 for the last 5 years and they're by far the best design. Excellent grip but not overly hard on my boots, slightly rounded for better movement on the pegs.

Moose Racing

image.png.a6af53c12bbe2cc7806426ff4a7769de.png

They make an offset as well if you have really big feet.

Edited by Vikingtazz
  • Like 5

I put the blue ones on the tenere today and they work great. I just had to take two notches out where they didn't clear the bolts that hold on the mounts

20200514_160651.jpg

20200514_154314.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered some Pivot Pegs MK3s, lets see how they go and costs once reached Canada. 

Also, if you buy from their official site and use MYFREEKIT, you get a free service kit, or try FREEUPGRADE20 for 20% off, only reason I got em cause saved a big chunk, close to $50 CAD saved. 

I had SW-Motech ION adjustable pegs before, they are also very good, though not available in Canada atm, and cost as much as the pivot peg ones, not as wide either. 

Also for the wide pegs folks, when I had the SW Motech ones, I was constantly scrapping corners with them, not sure the T7 will do that cause it's taller, just something to make note of if you get pegs that are too wide. 

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

Anyone else use the Fastway Evo pegs? Have 2 sets on my WRRs and likely going the same route on the T7. Was considering their longer Adventure pegs but believe they’ll be too long and twice as much. Top two in pic. 

F03E62BE-6042-4A80-82F2-06EA1DDEFCE8.thumb.jpeg.7024c26c82593d6a7523023006e8760b.jpeg

On 5/29/2020 at 8:48 PM, Adrenolin said:

Anyone else use the Fastway Evo pegs? Have 2 sets on my WRRs and likely going the same route on the T7. Was considering their longer Adventure pegs but believe they’ll be too long and twice as much. Top two in pic. 

F03E62BE-6042-4A80-82F2-06EA1DDEFCE8.thumb.jpeg.7024c26c82593d6a7523023006e8760b.jpeg

I use the Evo.  I too was wondering if the Fastway Adventure was too long.  I have a set of Evos I took off another bike I sold.  I need to get the mounting kit for the WR450 to mount them.

• Like 1

Just fitted the Pivot Pegz MK3, so very impressed, I used them in the lowered position, pushes them back and down a bit. Pivot action is comfortable, esp coming from a cycling background feels more natural. Delivery was super quick, install was a perfect fit for the T7

23 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Just fitted the Pivot Pegz MK3, so very impressed, I used them in the lowered position, pushes them back and down a bit. Pivot action is comfortable, esp coming from a cycling background feels more natural. Delivery was super quick, install was a perfect fit for the T7

Having a cycling background myself I thought the same, but found I very much disliked their movement. On the bike I prefer a solid, planted foot for whatever reason. Can see how others would like them but they weren’t for me. Thankfully they were on a buddies bike I’ve ridden a few times and I didn’t buy them myself.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

Having a cycling background myself I thought the same, but found I very much disliked their movement. On the bike I prefer a solid, planted foot for whatever reason. Can see how others would like them but they weren’t for me. Thankfully they were on a buddies bike I’ve ridden a few times and I didn’t buy them myself.  

To be fair, i haven't used them off-road or much, only sitting in the garage as I've been busy with work. Hopefully they feel as good riding as they do trying them out, other than the pivot action I like the size, quality, and fact they are lower/further back so really hoping I can get used their pivot nature in practice. If not, one expensive way to learn.

One thing I don't like is all the parts, from the springs, seals, to the nuts. They did give 2 free service kits with them which was nice (over $50 value), and it's very straight forward, so hopefully they don't need servicing monthly or yearly 

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

Question:.. Is there rubber replacement footrests we can install on the passenger ones?

Back in the day there were some for the front ones (FZR1000)... But that time is long gone, and looking at the passenger ones, it looks to me like the same design and size.

I have a complaint the there is too muvh vibration in the passenger footrests.

Any ideas?

FFA5295F-F60C-4E3C-930D-0BE90FD3A972.jpeg

8DAFD86F-2EEB-4B91-A882-F4D6B7FF727C.jpeg

Edited by MGG
Added photo

6 minutes ago, MGG said:

I have a complaint the there is too muvh vibration in the passenger footrests.

Any ideas?

Stop taking complaining passengers on rides. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 8:05 AM, jimmi said:

I just made these out of the Oem pegs works like a charm✌️🙂

IMG_20200531_125940.jpg

IMG_20200531_134204.jpg

Brilliant. Where did you find the material?

• Like 1