Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommend me some footpegs

Duncan666

7 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Really? And they'll fit the Tenere? I didnt know IMS made rally adventure pegs. Do you know what model I'd need to look for and for what bike? Im assuming a YZ450F again? ? Ive had IMS before on a DRZ and they were great. 

Looks like they now make them specifically for the T7.

IMSFacebook.jpg

IMS Products was founded in 1976 by dirt track racer CH Wheat. CH's goal was to use his racing knowledge to manufacturer high-performance off-road parts and accessories. CH recognized a need for innovative products such as extended-capacity f...

• Like 2

Here is the comparison of the IMS Rally next to the Moose.  If you got big hooves, the IMS Rallys are hard to beat.  Great pegs.

IMS Rally peg.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

Beat me to it! In any case I took a few last night.

20200909_200530.jpg

20200909_200519.jpg

Boy they do look pretty good. A bit bigger no doubt. And cheap in comparison to other pegs. Wish I could stand on them to see how they feel. Thanks for taking the time to sending some pics as well. It really helps. 

1 minute ago, johnnygolucky said:

Boy they do look pretty good. A bit bigger no doubt. And cheap in comparison to other pegs. Wish I could stand on them to see how they feel. Thanks for taking the time to sending some pics as well. It really helps. 

I wear real dirt bike boots (alpinestar T10) and the stock pegs were too short to really get on the outside edge and I found when standing that the tank was too wide and the pegs too narrow. These Moose pegs fixed that issue. I know they aren't that much longer but it's enough to stand up comfortably.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just mounted up a pair of S W Motech Ion foot pegs which can be mounted at standard height or 15mm lower for long legged riders like myself.  They are very stout and robust in build.  The also come with a rubber footrest topper if needed.  Theses pegs and a taller seat from Seat Concepts should open the cockpit up a little for me at 6’4” tall with a 35” inseam.

07CD6407-3668-45A8-B40A-D283A398DA2C.jpeg

705DC2F3-6F81-4E3C-8026-047F2A70EACB.jpeg

7300C0CB-2E08-431B-8D76-C974EFDC8B20.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, MountainRally said:

Yes I can second that.....melted cheese to be more accurate! Not only did mine bend but the one snapped off while I was standing on the pegs at about 45km/h off road. Caused me to fall of course......luckily for me there was no large drop off at the time.  

20200909_181220.jpg

20200909_181255.jpg

That’s just dangerous. Crap, I just bought them and put them on my T7🙄. The lowered position is really comfortable though. Didn’t see any alternatives for that in this post...

52 minutes ago, Timo said:

That’s just dangerous. Crap, I just bought them and put them on my T7🙄. The lowered position is really comfortable though. Didn’t see any alternatives for that in this post...

Hi Timo, 

The guys at T7Rally did have a bad batch a while back. They have sent me a new set which unfortunatly arrived after I had left to sea. So will be testing them when back in a few months. Ben a T7Rally assures me that the bending issues are well sorted. 

So hopefully you wont have any issues.....

Update:

Now that I have over 3000 miles on my Pivot pegs 95% off road, I am very pleased with them. They really shine when standing, outstanding increase in control. 

I would highly recommend them.

9 hours ago, MountainRally said:

Hi Timo, 

The guys at T7Rally did have a bad batch a while back. They have sent me a new set which unfortunatly arrived after I had left to sea. So will be testing them when back in a few months. Ben a T7Rally assures me that the bending issues are well sorted. 

So hopefully you wont have any issues.....

Thanks for the info. Still it is probably a design flaw; the highest stress is on the extension part, which is just a single plate. Did they change the material? Anyway, I will give them a try too and post the results here later.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:19 PM, whisperquiet said:

I just mounted up a pair of S W Motech Ion foot pegs which can be mounted at standard height or 15mm lower for long legged riders like myself.  They are very stout and robust in build.  The also come with a rubber footrest topper if needed.  Theses pegs and a taller seat from Seat Concepts should open the cockpit up a little for me at 6’4” tall with a 35” inseam.

07CD6407-3668-45A8-B40A-D283A398DA2C.jpeg

705DC2F3-6F81-4E3C-8026-047F2A70EACB.jpeg

7300C0CB-2E08-431B-8D76-C974EFDC8B20.jpeg

Downside is it forces your feet a bit wider apart. I like to keep my feet tight to the inside when I stand. Do you notice that extra block while riding?

No, I am OK with slightly wider as long as they are lower.  The bike is a bit cramped for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

No, I am OK with slightly wider as long as they are lower.  The bike is a bit cramped for me.

Check out the Bosleys you can custom order size and location. 

4 hours ago, OU812 said:

Check out the Bosleys you can custom order size and location. 

I am good with the SW Motech pegs......the Bosleys look great....but, I am not on Facebook and could not find a price for the Bosleys.

plus, I adapt to everything eventually...even foot pegs!

Now, all I need is a 1” taller one piece Seat Concepts seat.

Thanks for the Bosleys info though.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1

The stock Yamaha WR/YZ pegs and springs are a good performing, relatively cheap option for a bit more bite on the boot.A085F8A6-864F-45B9-8AAD-3C8DE6D77721.thumb.jpeg.4664b866254af716518be1fda2cf94d4.jpeg

• Like 2

Here is a quick compare on some of them ... always good to have even if it's dated 2015

275832ed1623d82a05ec4e80d18b066d.png.c62

By Eric Hall, Sr. Editor and Bryan Bosch, Publisher You’ve probably heard the saying, “Stock sucks!”. But, we’re not sure that’s always the case. Many of the factory components found on today’s bikes are rather good. However, when it comes to factory footpegs, more often than not, they can...

Fitted my Touratech pegs, brake pedal ext and water pump guard last week, nice having a wide perch and no worries missing the brake pedal sitting or standing . Liking them after only a couple hundred miles so far. I was concerned I may get vibrations through the pegs without the rubber pads when on the street but have not felt any vibration at all.

20201109_172851.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Side note now through december 3rd Pivot Pegs has 30% off. I just ordered a set, they will lower 8mm apparently as well as pivot.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We have foot pegs available for the Tenere 700. CNC Machined from billet aluminum. The larger platform area gives you better control and reassuring grip over the factory foot pegs. We moved the centerline offset of the pegs back just a bit giving more room to operate the shifter.
6061 T-6 Billet Aluminum
4"(100mm) X 2.4"(60mm) 10.4oz(296 grams)
5mm rearward offset
Use this coupon code for 10% off: T7 10% OFF
Thank you,
Joji Donald
Rival Components

Yamaha_Tenere_700_Foot_Pegs_7.jpg

Yamaha_Tenere_700_Foot_Pegs_5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 2:34 PM, Rival Component said:
We have foot pegs available for the Tenere 700. CNC Machined from billet aluminum. The larger platform area gives you better control and reassuring grip over the factory foot pegs. We moved the centerline offset of the pegs back just a bit giving more room to operate the shifter.
6061 T-6 Billet Aluminum
4"(100mm) X 2.4"(60mm) 10.4oz(296 grams)
5mm rearward offset
Use this coupon code for 10% off: T7 10% OFF
Thank you,
Joji Donald
Rival Components

Yamaha_Tenere_700_Foot_Pegs_7.jpg

Yamaha_Tenere_700_Foot_Pegs_5.jpg

Beautiful looking pegs! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Kurt from #blackdogcycleworks has a set of big ones out now. He borrowed my factory pegs to design his. He’s been making bombproof ADV accessories for a while now. CNC machined and there’s even a bottle opener on the underside🍻🍻

http://www.blackdogcycleworks.com

C9C819F7-2B7C-470E-AEDA-8B40A31D5120.jpeg

FF2180BF-1AF6-474B-B2C1-25F673B03634.jpeg

E06C472A-E1A4-45F1-953D-FC955C1DB679.jpeg