Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone here actually plan on taking your T7 offroad?

Cruizin

4 minutes ago, Megathumper said:

Now sure what you mean by #1 and the price included the warranty.  But I told them I would pass due to the high fees and warranty cost. 

sorry, 

I mean my mark up of the photo for #1 (Freight & Destination Charge + Assemble & Prep)& #2 (Warranty Charge)

at least for my local dealers, Freight & Assemble are lumped together as a PDI...yours seems high

As for warranty, holy batman it is not cheap.

• Like 1

yeah I think they are trying to ream buyers , charge what you can get.   Sales guy said he had another buyer waiting if I didn't like the price.  I did not like it.   This dealer has left a bad impression for Yamaha in my mind.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Megathumper said:

yeah I think they are trying to ream buyers , charge what you can get.   Sales guy said he had another buyer waiting if I didn't like the price.  I did not like it.   This dealer has left a bad impression for Yamaha in my mind.  

you could skip the 3 year extended warranty and then get it down to what most (like me) paid OTH ~11.4

I never buy extended warranties on stuff-And the dealer is a dealer not the manufacturer, your beef is with the dealer. The only time I have ever seen a dealer cut deals on fees is when they NEED TO MOVE older models they have had for months. Something like the T7, they can sell as many as they can get, so no, they won't deal. But you could easily say, no extended warranty and 1300 comes off the price. Key is to find a good dealer that will not up price you on the normal fees for bike sales because it is a hot selling model-

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

you could skip the 3 year extended warranty and then get it down to what most (like me) paid OTH ~11.4

I never buy extended warranties on stuff-And the dealer is a dealer not the manufacturer, your beef is with the dealer. The only time I have ever seen a dealer cut deals on fees is when they NEED TO MOVE older models they have had for months. Something like the T7, they can sell as many as they can get, so no, they won't deal. But you could easily say, no extended warranty and 1300 comes off the price. Key is to find a good dealer that will not up price you on the normal fees for bike sales because it is a hot selling model-

I agree.  That dealer really jacked up the fees. And I called another deal about the Yamaha warranty.  Just for comparison.  they wanted 850 for a "4" year warrantly, instead of 1300 for a "3" year warranty.  Both were Yamaha. 

unless a great deal comes up, I am going to go back to Honda CRF450RL search or wait until the 2022;s Tenere's are out.  2021 models are going to be last year left overs in a month or two, well if there were any.

On 5/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, Megathumper said:

unless a great deal comes up, I am going to go back to Honda CRF450RL search or wait until the 2022;s Tenere's are out.  2021 models are going to be last year left overs in a month or two, well if there were any.

I doubt there'll be many left over. They are VERY in demand right now and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I paid MSRP ($12,399) last month in Canada...no freight/assembly fees added. But finding one was a pain.

• 3 weeks later...

My Off-road ADV Friends and I hit a few trails/ roads in the local mountains of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear, California.

A last minute organized ride. So, I only had an afternoon to get ready for the early morning meet. Met up with 6 of my OR ADV Friends on KTMs and BMWs.

I was the only T700 amongst the group this ride this time. A friend took his BMW instead of his T700, as he was in the middle of some maintenance with it.

A short little teaser video clip of our ride.

od3EJWhl.jpg

pTWpLlal.jpg

Yes my original stock front tire was essentially bald.

JDQlK1xl.jpg

I mounted a new set of Mitas tubeless tires onto my Alpina tubeless wheels myself at home. I was only able to get the rear wheel mounted onto bike late Friday evening. I couldn't get the new front tire beads to seat, so I couldn't air up the new front tire in time.

I'll have to take it in to a tire shop, my air compressor didn't have a large enough blast to seat, also tried some CO2 cartridges. I've even put a ratchet strap around the circumference.

I didn't crash or fall on the ride, so it ended up all good.

9YKynZCl.jpg

My front tire wore down faster than the rear. A first for me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

My Off-road ADV Friends and I hit a few trails/ roads in the local mountains of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear, California.

A last minute organized ride. So, I only had an afternoon to get ready for the early morning meet. Met up with 6 of my OR ADV Friends on KTMs and BMWs.

I was the only T700 amongst the group this ride this time. A friend took his BMW instead of his T700, as he was in the middle of some maintenance with it.

A short little teaser video clip of our ride.

od3EJWhl.jpg

pTWpLlal.jpg

Yes my original stock front tire was essentially bald.

JDQlK1xl.jpg

I mounted a new set of Mitas tubeless tires onto my Alpina tubeless wheels myself at home. I was only able to get the rear wheel mounted onto bike late Friday evening. I couldn't get the new front tire beads to seat, so I couldn't air up the new front tire in time.

I'll have to take it in to a tire shop, my air compressor didn't have a large enough blast to seat, also tried some CO2 cartridges. I've even put a ratchet strap around the circumference.

I didn't crash or fall on the ride, so it ended up all good.

9YKynZCl.jpg

My front tire wore down faster than the rear. A first for me.

How many miles are on that tire?

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

3 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

How many miles are on that tire?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

Thank you! Looks like mine will go a while more.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Sold my DRZ400E (before I left SoCal) that we did a lot of riding in the Mojave and surrounding mountains.

Making way for my soon to have T7, and yes, definitely going offroad, just maybe not as challenging terrain.

Gimme them wide open Nevada dirt roads...

DRZ.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, delirium said:

silly question, cause buying this bike for on-road only is plane stupid. 

for on-road only is plane plain stupid

• Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Its honestly a great commuter bike. Its comfy, torquey, tall enough to see over traffic and narrow enough to fit between it.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

I don't know. It can be a fun "road" bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oKRy50VLZw

Looks like a fun road. Viewing it pre-coffee, I was questioning my perception of  speed was off until realizing your speedo was reading in KM's not MPH! Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

I'm a sucker for punishment.

• Like 4

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Got the 18x2.50 rear rim and the tractionator s/t tires mount up today.  Riding singletrack wasn't terrible on the stock tires, but it wasn't good either. Here's to more punishment for @tenerecanada

20210708_180803~2.jpg

20210708_180837.jpg

20210708_180823.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Canadian-t7 said:

Got the 18x2.50 rear rim and the tractionator s/t tires mount up today.  Riding singletrack wasn't terrible on the stock tires, but it wasn't good either. Here's to more punishment for @tenerecanada

20210708_180803~2.jpg

20210708_180837.jpg

20210708_180823.jpg

12 hours ago, Canadian-t7 said:

20210708_180803~2.jpg

20210708_180837.jpg

20210708_180823.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

There  are some great clips of POL TARRES  on the T7 in front and passing other riders in the 2021 Red Bull Romaniacs on FB, but I can't find the same clips on YT.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

POL TARRES YAMAHA TENERE 700 in the BRONZE Class!

2021 Red Bull Romaniacs Offroad Day Highlights

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good stuff on Pol.  Related thread going on here.  

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS