Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Corona Virus

Cruizin

At first, I laughed at the name of it. I of course associated it with the weak beer of that name from Mexico.

Now, I'm not laughing anymore. Turns out that once infected, you can infect other people 7-10 days before you even get symptoms. That really sucks. 

And, while the death rate is pretty low, under 10 percent, this Virus is not done mutating yet. It will mutate at least two more times into something else. Maybe something far deadlier. 

Wearing masks does not protect you. They do not block the virus. 

What do you guys make of all of this? 

First of all don’t fell in panic.

Here in Germany the authorities recommend to keep Hands clean. This is the mostly way of get in contact with virus. They say, you have to be near a influenced person (maybe together in the same room) for more than 15 min to get higher risk of contamination. 

In Addition I avoid huge events.

Maybe wearing a Helmet and go out riding could be effective too:)

• Like 3
  • Premium Member

The recommend Self isolation will be a bummer, but is being on your bike still in keeping with being self isolated, who knows. I hope that things don’t go too gaga .  Stay save!

Baseline reproduction rate (R0) of the new coronavirus is between 2 and 3 and the mortality rate is 2-3%.

Are the hospitals going to be overwhelmed?

This is the main danger of the ongoing epidemic. As the number of cases is increasing across the board, the challenge is "not to overload the hospitalization capacity of health care institutions and ... to reserve the resources of health care institutions for the most serious cases.

No quarantine yet in Switzerland.

Take care.

Protect yourself and others

Wash your hands thoroughly.

Cough and sneeze into a paper tissue/handerchief or the crook of your arm.

Stay at home if you have a high temperature and a cough.

Avoid shaking hands.

Always call ahead before going to the doctor’s or the emergency department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Today at local super market Bakery all people are genteelly and do what to do. Keep distance and be kind to others. 

Corona will disappear and then...

🏍️braaaaaaaaap

Stay focused on what everyone can do

862C68A6-F4D5-44D6-85C8-35F3ED267DC3.jpeg.28ca723345cd61de5fdcdc2a85274686.jpeg

• Premium Member

We are safely Socially Distanced whilst out on bikes, helmet, gloves etc. Glad Covid19 is not air borne. 

BE99E51F-785E-43F5-9C9F-A301B5664DA2.jpeg

• Like 2

Switzerland. Shops closed except food and pharmacy. People at home. Motorbike is not forbiden but ... if you have an accident you will be shamed. The priority is to let the hospitals free for the Covid-19 patients.

Stay safe.

IMG_20200320_080533.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Covid19 is getting more serious here. 

I still ride to the shops for food and go in with helmet and gloves still on and if cold keep scarf up over mouth and nose and cashiers seem to not mind and like that.

Stay safe all.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:58 AM, erey said:

Baseline reproduction rate (R0) of the new coronavirus is between 2 and 3 and the mortality rate is 2-3%.

Are the hospitals going to be overwhelmed?

This is the main danger of the ongoing epidemic. As the number of cases is increasing across the board, the challenge is "not to overload the hospitalization capacity of health care institutions and ... to reserve the resources of health care institutions for the most serious cases.

No quarantine yet in Switzerland.

Take care.

Protect yourself and others

Wash your hands thoroughly.

Cough and sneeze into a paper tissue/handerchief or the crook of your arm.

Stay at home if you have a high temperature and a cough.

Avoid shaking hands.

Always call ahead before going to the doctor’s or the emergency department.

Not just hospitals, what if half of the fire department catches it at the same time? Or what if half of the police department gets it? What if truck drivers catch this and our shelves all go dry for real? 

Scary stuff. In my state "Idaho" USA, many people think this is just a hoax to hurt our president and there are still tons of people on the streets. The Corona Virus is about to rock the USA due to all of the people who refuse to stay home.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Not just hospitals, what if half of the fire department catches it at the same time? Or what if half of the police department gets it? What if truck drivers catch this and our shelves all go dry for real? 

Scary stuff. In my state "Idaho" USA, many people think this is just a hoax to hurt our president and there are still tons of people on the streets. The Corona Virus is about to rock the USA due to all of the people who refuse to stay home.

It is serious.

It is Time for the ”think this is just a hoax to hurt our president” people to grow up and waken up, it is no hoax.

People are dying and many more will die if they wont stay home separated. 

No T7 being delivered to North America

Captain FIGJAM in charge!

What can possibly go wrong? 

Continue living the dream 😷