Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Allen Kelly

Seat removing key.

Allen Kelly

I have heard a few comments about how difficult removing the Alyn Key is, for removing the seat. I have even seen a video on YouTube where some blokes were attaching tape tags on the key so they can pull it straight up. This is not necessary as the tool slides sideways very easily and requires no effort at all. I have also got hold of a slightly longer Alyn Key which clears the top of the seat and gives you more to grip. Cheers everyone.

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

• Like 5

WalterT

Nice fix, I'll give it a try. Had put a tie wrap around it and pulled that, which also works fine but is less elegant.

• Like 1

shaneygrog

It doesn't slide sideways at all! Not if it's installed properly with the short end down in the hole.

• Like 1

Whitey66
3 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

It doesn't slide sideways at all! Not if it's installed properly with the short end down in the hole.

Exactly what I was going to say.

NeverMetThePope

I've removed the bolts that hold the front seat down completely and left them out. It doesn't move around when the pillon seat is correctly fitted. 

Just pop the pillion off and lift out the front seat for access. Allen key lives in the toolkit. Much less faffing around at the roadside.

• Like 2

İs Mise

İ agree..that's what I done.