Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking forward to getting my 2022 Tenere 700 in the USA

Cruizin

2 hours ago, X Plane said:

I still don’t get why ‘they’ are asking a silly question that ‘they’ must already know the answer to, the clue is in the term pre-ordered, as in pre-orders are already done and ‘they’ should therefore already know the numbers ordered of from each deal / dealer, simple math tells them the total numbers. I 

Unfortunately for us in the USA, there hasn't been any official pre-order. Still not even showing in the dealer system as a bike to be ordered.

So Yamaha is unofficially trying to determine the number of interested parties by manually calling the dealers to see if anyone committed a deposit. 

In my personal case, I had to beg my dealer to take my money as he doesn't usual take deposit for something he can't order in the system.

Yammy USA is a joke.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, slakdawg said:

Unfortunately for us in the USA, there hasn't been any official pre-order. Still not even showing in the dealer system as a bike to be ordered.

So Yamaha is unofficially trying to determine the number of interested parties by manually calling the dealers to see if anyone committed a deposit. 

In my personal case, I had to beg my dealer to take my money as he doesn't usual take deposit for something he can't order in the system.

Yammy USA is a joke.

Thank you for this, there is no official USA pre-order out yet, ah that’s it explained!

Best wishes.

4 hours ago, gone2seed said:

I wonder if the local orange bike shop still has that left  over 790 Adv r  on the floor?

Think it's been taken off the floor to address the recall.

• Haha 3

New to this forum, and signed up knowing I'd be getting a 700 at some point so figured I'd try to learn a bunch about other peoples experience and mods before it shows up. Sold my 2017 highly customized 690 Enduro for this Tenere as I want to do longer trips: ride to Alaska, Idaho, Montana..... and while the 690 can do it, it's a paint shaker on pavement for long rides. Did 1,400 miles across Washington and Idaho and stood a lot on that trip, so figuring I'd get this Tenere for long distance and a 350-500EXC for light duty. 

I put down my deposit a couple months back on the Tenere and just got a call from the dealer here in Washington State that they wanted to make sure I'm still committed, as their rep needed to get a count of how many the dealer needs and is expecting delivery end of May, early June. Figured I'd pass this info on.....

Whoot whoot!!! Good news!! 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

New to this forum, and signed up knowing I'd be getting a 700 at some point so figured I'd try to learn a bunch about other peoples experience and mods before it shows up. Sold my 2017 highly customized 690 Enduro for this Tenere as I want to do longer trips: ride to Alaska, Idaho, Montana..... and while the 690 can do it, it's a paint shaker on pavement for long rides.Did 1,400 miles across Washington and Idaho and stood a lot on that trip, so figuring I'd get this Tenere for long distance and a 350-500EXC for light duty. 

I put don my deposit a couple months back ons the Tenere and just got a call from the dealer here in Washington State that they wanted to make sure I'm still committed, as their rep needed to get a count of how many the dealer needs and is expecting delivery end of May, early June. Figured I'd pass this info on.....

Good news indeed! Welcome to the forum.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

21 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Sold my 2017 highly customized 690 Enduro for this Tenere as I want to do longer trips: ride to Alaska, Idaho, Montana..... and while the 690 can do it, it's a paint shaker on pavement for long rides. 

Welcome. I bought a '17 690 Enduro last summer to tide me over until I got the T7. I've added a few things to make it better while I had it, but not investing in what it would need for long distance and multi-day trips. Thanks for posting your experience as that's exactly why I won't keep the 690 longer-term.

3 hours ago, slakdawg said:

Welcome. I bought a '17 690 Enduro last summer to tide me over until I got the T7. I've added a few things to make it better while I had it, but not investing in what it would need for long distance and multi-day trips. Thanks for posting your experience as that's exactly why I won't keep the 690 longer-term.

Cheers! 

Yeah don't get me wrong, that 690 is a fantastic bike. It's amazing just how capable it is. It truly is a unicorn. Light (enough) for dirt but plenty strong enough for freeway. Unreal power for how light the bike is. Truthfully, my heart sank when I sold it. But I recently purchased a 1924 craftsman on an acre that I'm remodeling and in that process, there is no garage, yet. So I built a 12x8 shed, added power and use it for the bike and mower, yard stuff. In the next year, I'll build a 20x24 shop and be able to have the space for a couple bikes. For me, an ideal stable would be a 350EXC, the 690 Enduro and this 700 (or maybe the new Husqvarna 900 Norden) so for sure there will be another 690 down the road. But until that garage is built, or some hot sugar momma wants to take this strapping lad in and pay for all my toys, it's one bike for now and the focus currently is longer trips. 

Looking forward to reading more about what you all are doing to the 700. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

On 4/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, johnnygolucky said:

New to this forum, and signed up knowing I'd be getting a 700 at some point so figured I'd try to learn a bunch about other peoples experience and mods before it shows up. Sold my 2017 highly customized 690 Enduro for this Tenere as I want to do longer trips: ride to Alaska, Idaho, Montana..... and while the 690 can do it, it's a paint shaker on pavement for long rides. Did 1,400 miles across Washington and Idaho and stood a lot on that trip, so figuring I'd get this Tenere for long distance and a 350-500EXC for light duty. 

I put down my deposit a couple months back on the Tenere and just got a call from the dealer here in Washington State that they wanted to make sure I'm still committed, as their rep needed to get a count of how many the dealer needs and is expecting delivery end of May, early June. Figured I'd pass this info on.....

New here too as I have a deposit on a T7 at my dealer.  Gonna hold off selling my DR650 until it comes in, lol.  My dealers rep did reach out to get a total on comittments (I was the only one) so HOPEFULLY, those that comitted will see them by June but who knows....I am really excited about this bike!

I put a deposit down on my Tenere 700 last week.  This will be the 5th Yamaha I've bought from them in the last 4 years.  We have a very good relationship, and this is what I was told...

Yamaha USA's official pre-order will start in June, BUT, Yamaha USA is asking the dealers how many people they already have interested in buying it, and to send those numbers to them.

I think it's for allocation purposes.  Not sure if a dealers' pre-orders' numbers will factor into their actual allocation, but I was told the pre-orders WILL be filled...after that, it's hard to say what allocation the dealer may get.

With that said, I put my name on the list, and gave my CC info for deposit.  My name was given to Yamaha USA for the unofficial pre-count, and I'll be entered on the Official Pre Order list when it goes live in June, and my CC card will be charged then.

Delivery is expected in November.

Seems realistic to me, with all that's going on in the world.

- Paul

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

Delivery is expected in November.

- Paul

Just curious, where are you located? Who told you that delivery will be next November? I was told that delivery of bike would be end of May, early June by a shop in Washington that I've purchased KTM's from and they've been spot on with all the times I've purchased from them in the past. 

19 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Just curious, where are you located? Who told you that delivery will be next November? I was told that delivery of bike would be end of May, early June by a shop in Washington that I've purchased KTM's from and they've been spot on with all the times I've purchased from them in the past. 

Yamaha of Las Vegas.  I asked him about June also, and he said yes, they will be AVAILABLE in June, but they won't show up on dealer floors until November.  He was spot on with the release of the new R1, so I have no reason to doubt him.  This will be the 5th bike I got from them, and they've never steered me wrong.

I mean, if the official pre-ordering is in June, how will they be delivered in June?  Based on the info I got, I'm thinking November is more realistic.  If they arrive earlier, than even better!

Edited by pgeldz

Hmmm...I thought they may make an effort to deliver the comitted bikes by june (whch was why the Reps were trying to get numbers) but who knows...I will be really bummed if it's November....:(

Edited by CRFan1

21 hours ago, pgeldz said:

"I mean, if the official pre-ordering is in June.."

That's interesting, because after not speaking for a couple months after I put down the deposit he called me Wednesday because they were pre-ordering and needed to make sure I'm still committed so they had the right numbers for delivery end of May beginning of June. 

Very different from what you're being told. I too will be bummed if it's November.  

• Like 1

put 500$ down on the tenere back in January and was told pre orders were going in in Feb.

Heard nothing in February and e mailed the dealer on March 3rd.

Dealer- Got nothing

At least the dealer responds.

Do the regional sales reps know anything ?

..or just blowing smoke.

I have owned a Husky 701 and a 990 SDR.

Both sounded like the cam chain was ready to jump out of the cases .

Neither did.

Tracked the SDR so I know they will hold up.

Watched a video of the 790 Adventure.

😆 LOl same  noise. You would think I’d be used to it. Nope.

I will wait a while longer for the T7. That and I don’t want 4 different traction control settings.

The last truck I ordered had hand crank windows.

One less thing to brake!

Still ...The 790r comes with a high front fender, tubless rims, 48 mm forks...?

Are you hearing what I am saying here YAMAHA!

21 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

That's interesting, because after not speaking for a couple months after I put down the deposit he called me Wednesday because they were pre-ordering and needed to make sure I'm still committed so they had the right numbers for delivery end of May beginning of June. 

Very different from what you're being told. I too will be bummed if it's November.  

Would love to confirm if dealers can actually do a pre-order because I don't think they can yet which is why the reps were calling to get numbers.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRFan1 said:

Would love to confirm if dealers can actually do a pre-order because I don't think they can yet which is why the reps were calling to get numbers.....

That's exactly what I was told...

• Like 1

OK, here's a little more info. Another local shop I had inquired about getting the 700 just got back to me saying that he rep was contacted by Yamaha saying that Yamaha is having problems with the USA for import due to "emissions problems and likely wont be able to import until sometime next year".  Haven't heard back from the shop I have a deposit down yet but left a message. 

Unreal. 

• Confused 1

And now a little more info.....

The shop that I have a deposit down just called me back after speaking to their Yamaha rep who said "that's ridiculous". Because, it's the same MT-07 engine that's already in production and here in the states. There's nothing different other than the gearing and air box location so there's no difference in emissions. It's not a new engine, just a new body and "is slated to arrive end of May, beginning  June". 

Just thought I'd pass this along. 

• Like 2

I can see in my Crystal Ball...the present so close

and the future, distant but imminent. I've seen this image, 9 months ago...

What's this talk of 2022 ???

[IMG]

Edited by ADVUSA

16 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

OK, here's a little more info. Another local shop I had inquired about getting the 700 just got back to me saying that he rep was contacted by Yamaha saying that Yamaha is having problems with the USA for import due to "emissions problems and likely wont be able to import until sometime next year".  Haven't heard back from the shop I have a deposit down yet but left a message. 

Unreal. 

Yeah...that is complete and utter BS, lol.   I am gonna bet they will have the preorder bikes here by early June .....:)

After logging on here and seeing the latest updates, I just now left work and drove over to the dealer in Rexburg Idaho.  They answered my questions the same as the dealer in Pocatello Idaho that I did pre-order from a couple months ago.

Per the local Yamaha dealer sales associate;  Pre-order is open.  Pre-order bikes are not dealer allocated bikes.  Pre-orders will be filled before dealer allocation.  The Rexburg dealer has pre-ordered 5 or 6 bikes.  Two of the bikes were pre-ordered by dealer employees two months ago.  $500 is the minimum down on a pre-order bike.  The bikes are pre-ordered through the dealer's Yamaha portal.

Delivery is first week in June but they are hearing the rumor that delivery has slipped several months.  They were not sure on that point and didn't offer to call the Yamaha Rep to pursue clarification.

I'll swing into the dealer I pre-ordered through after work or tomorrow just to let them know I am still alive.

Due to others on this forum having a completely different experience, I'm going to guess that Yamaha only opened pre-orders in specific sales regions of the US.  Maybe the North West and not the East or South?  I'm just guessing here and throwing it out for consideration.

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Idarex said:

Delivery is first week in June but they are hearing the rumor that delivery has slipped several months.  They were not sure on that point and didn't offer to call the Yamaha Rep to pursue clarification.

I'll swing into the dealer I pre-ordered through after work or tomorrow just to let them know I am still alive.

Id be curious to what your dealer says their thoughts are on delivery dates. Thanks for the heads up.