Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking forward to getting my 2022 Tenere 700 in the USA

Cruizin

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Bunch of effing bottom feeders!! 

Cool. Everybody here who are just excited about getting a new bike (and I don't currently have a bike being I sold my 690 to be able to buy the 700) are bottom feeders, and Dan is righteous, smarter than everyone and above us all. 

All hail Righteous Dan. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I feel for you guys over there in the States.  I got my bike in the UK (along with most who pre-ordered) £746.00 cheaper than the current list price.

What makes it worse from your perspective is because of Covid-19 (and the fact that most of us are unable to ride our bikes at the moment) there are quite a few very low mileage bikes available for sale second hand in the UK at the moment.

s-l400.jpg

If your looking at this you know how good they are and how difficult they are to get hold of, yes dealers are advertising them but most don't have them in!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I feel for you guys over there in the States.  I got my bike in the UK (along with most who pre-ordered) £746.00 cheaper than the current list price.

What makes it worse from your perspective is because of Covid-19 (and the fact that most of us are unable to ride our bikes at the moment) there are quite a few very low mileage bikes available for sale second hand in the UK at the moment.

s-l400.jpg

If your looking at this you know how good they are and how difficult they are to get hold of, yes dealers are advertising them but most don't have them in!

At least you made some trips.

I reached out to a few dealers in the Manchester area and heard back:

"we're in lockdown and I'll send your Tenere parts order over to the department when we open back up."

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Sad 1

To be clear, I don't really think Yamaha hates the USA 

I think they hate our EPA, politicians and the way our dealers do business. 

Buying and having a bike serviced at a dealer in the UK or Australia is totally different than the scam artist experience that many of us have to go thru here. We Americans will share dealer service prices with you folks later in the year. 

I work on my own bikes, change my own oil and filters. Only go to a dealer when I have to get warranty work or to buy a new model. If I didn't own this forum, I would wait a year and buy a Used T7 and put the saved money towards suspension.

But I can't let you guys have all the fun! 

Please don't let my Humor offend any of you, poking fun at Yamaha or other frustrating things. I use my Humor to help me carry on thru frustrating times. I'm laid off my job due to the virus, probably won't get any unemployment checks for at least 5-6 weeks and things are a little tight as we dive into our meager savings. Like many in the world , it's easy to worry about the short term future.  

So, I joke a lot to get me and hopefully a few others thru the day. 

• Like 5

Ok, here is what I know, as both a long time friend of a Yamaha dealer and as a part time, certified Yamaha salesman. Part time, as I am retired from my real job, but help out at my Yamaha/Honda dealer.

First off, yes Yamaha has certainly had pre order programs on bikes. I not only pre ordered the first generation, 2012 Super Tenere in early Sept 2010, but sold 4 additional ones thru pre orders before they arrived at the end of July, 2011. Yamaha USA had to have the name of each buyer that pre ordered and dealers took $500 deposits.

Secondly, Yamaha regional reps have now "encouraged" dealers to take down payments on the T700, but there is not an order area on YDS to order them.

I have the first one my dealer gets reserved for me.

We had a 2 month delay in the 2012 Super Tenere deliveries due to the earthquake and tsunami, so I waited almost 11 months for that bike.  We'll see how long it takes for the T7 to get here. In the meantime, I am on my second Super Tenere and have a DR650 for entertainment, although long trips are out of the question now.

Today our rep confirmed that they are trying to navigate thru all the challenges from Covid 19.

Edited by Fredz43
  • Like 1

Great!,

Now that we are all back to waiting.

I am going fishing.

Andy says its all right to fish as long as no one cuddles or kisses the fish.

It was just starting to get fun too.

Edited by Guest
No more free material for future “Rick and Morty”

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

To be clear, I don't really think Yamaha hates the USA 

I think they hate our EPA, politicians and the way our dealers do business. 

Buying and having a bike serviced at a dealer in the UK or Australia is totally different than the scam artist experience that many of us have to go thru here. We Americans will share dealer service prices with you folks later in the year. 

I work on my own bikes, change my own oil and filters. Only go to a dealer when I have to get warranty work or to buy a new model. If I didn't own this forum, I would wait a year and buy a Used T7 and put the saved money towards suspension.

But I can't let you guys have all the fun! 

Please don't let my Humor offend any of you, poking fun at Yamaha or other frustrating things. I use my Humor to help me carry on thru frustrating times. I'm laid off my job due to the virus, probably won't get any unemployment checks for at least 5-6 weeks and things are a little tight as we dive into our meager savings. Like many in the world , it's easy to worry about the short term future.  

So, I joke a lot to get me and hopefully a few others thru the day. 

I for one did get your humour / joke on you telling Truman to not use the nukes. And I added in my own WWII humour on top of it.

The T7 such a good thing that of course we obviously should not comment or the comment police will weigh in, it is the virus is that is no joke. Death percentage rate here is around 9% that is almost 1 in 10 who caught it die from it. That is real. So A bit of humour and banter about 2 wheels and and engine is not as serious and is welcome.

Sorry you are laid off and that checks etc take time. Hang in. 

Fact does remains though that it looks like the USA is treated different to other regions and is the last to get, yes dealers act differently and maybe Yamaha got wise to them and learnt of few tricks to watch out from your side of the Atlantic and Pacific.

All well let’s not believe all the fake news or get too disinfectant thirsty. 

best wishes.

7 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Cool. Everybody here who are just excited about getting a new bike (and I don't currently have a bike being I sold my 690 to be able to buy the 700) are bottom feeders, and Dan is righteous, smarter than everyone and above us all. 

All hail Righteous Dan. 

>> I recall the effort to get the FJR into the US with some pre-order system to prevent US customers from famously claiming they "absolutely have to have one" then once the bikes were in showrooms, sitting on their hands until they could buy one at a discount as those US customers had done to Japanese manufacturers time after time. Bunch of effing bottom feeders!!

Troll much? You guys are wanting a motorcycle and are having mental breakdowns. Meanwhile others are fighting for and often losing their lives. Get a grip.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Troll much? You guys are wanting a motorcycle and are having mental breakdowns. Meanwhile others are fighting for and often losing their lives. Get a grip.

LOL. 

Man, I bet you're a real hit at parties.

People are just wondering when the bike will get here, that's all. I've read all the posts, and nobody is having "mental breakdowns". People here are just communicating what other people have heard.

And when the world is in a mild panic because 211,537 people out of 7,800,000,000 people (or roughly .000027% of the planet's population) have unfortunately passed away from this horrible virus, perhaps taking your mind off of all that despair and fear isn't such a bad thing ya know, trying to focus on the things that make us smile in these times of uncertainty? Things like this that unite us in a common bond? And finding a little connection with people on this forum who have a similar interest when we're unable to venture out and must shelter in place, is not such a bad thing either. Glass half full, Dan. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan said:

>> I recall the effort to get the FJR into the US with some pre-order system to prevent US customers from famously claiming they "absolutely have to have one" then once the bikes were in showrooms, sitting on their hands until they could buy one at a discount as those US customers had done to Japanese manufacturers time after time. Bunch of effing bottom feeders!!

And I remember USA dealers marking up their doc fees, set up fee's and pricing.  Look we are Yamaha fans, they build awesome machines.  As far as stooping low to dismiss our excitement for this bike and accusing us of being insensitive to the Corona virus?  You are really reaching there, Dan. 

I think you came to the forum to start some shet.  Check that shet, please. We have all been getting along fine since I started the forum almost two years ago. Would like to keep it that way.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Thanks for coming along and correcting all of us. Where would we be without you? 

This is not the forum for me. Where is the unsubscribe button?

15 hours ago, Fredz43 said:

Ok, here is what I know, as both a long time friend of a Yamaha dealer and as a part time, certified Yamaha salesman. Part time, as I am retired from my real job, but help out at my Yamaha/Honda dealer.

First off, yes Yamaha has certainly had pre order programs on bikes. I not only pre ordered the first generation, 2012 Super Tenere in early Sept 2010, but sold 4 additional ones thru pre orders before they arrived at the end of July, 2011. Yamaha USA had to have the name of each buyer that pre ordered and dealers took $500 deposits.

Secondly, Yamaha regional reps have now "encouraged" dealers to take down payments on the T700, but there is not an order area on YDS to order them.

I have the first one my dealer gets reserved for me.

We had a 2 month delay in the 2012 Super Tenere deliveries due to the earthquake and tsunami, so I waited almost 11 months for that bike.  We'll see how long it takes for the T7 to get here. In the meantime, I am on my second Super Tenere and have a DR650 for entertainment, although long trips are out of the question now.

Today our rep confirmed that they are trying to navigate thru all the challenges from Covid 19.

Hilarious...this is my exact situation minus the Tenere 1200.  I do have a nicely set up DR650 and a Ninja 1000.  I am keeping the DR until the T7 comes in.  I also help out at my friends dealership  too, hehe.

• Like 1

I’m friends with my local dealer Store Manager and with the owner. The ONLY information that has been confirmed is pre-order will start in June.  If you’ve put down a deposit, all a dealer can really do is put your name on a sheet of paper. I offers to put down a deposit several times; they both replied, “there’s nothing to allocate it to”.  The owner is all over the T7 as he and I will get the first 2 available.  He has owned every Tenere made since the 80’s and is very excited for the bike (got to sit on one a month ago at a dealer conference). 

It’s killing me, but all we can do is wait until the OFFICIAL pre order happens, hopefully with a deliver timeline. I’d be surprised if it’s here before October. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barberik said:

I’m friends with my local dealer Store Manager and with the owner. The ONLY information that has been confirmed is pre-order will start in June.  If you’ve put down a deposit, all a dealer can really do is put your name on a sheet of paper. I offers to put down a deposit several times; they both replied, “there’s nothing to allocate it to”.  The owner is all over the T7 as he and I will get the first 2 available.  He has owned every Tenere made since the 80’s and is very excited for the bike (got to sit on one a month ago at a dealer conference). 

It’s killing me, but all we can do is wait until the OFFICIAL pre order happens, hopefully with a deliver timeline. I’d be surprised if it’s here before October. 

Exactly what I was told and said in my post 🙂

• Like 2

Speaking on joking around, I opened a box from R&G Racing this afternoon.  They sent me a roll of toilet paper along with parts.  Very funny, still laughing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yep . . . my dealer promised to include a roll with my bike too.  

I hear the T7 really makes you feel light on your feet:-)

EDC6271F-9313-4C08-8172-470BF438D191.jpeg

• Haha 3

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Anyone from the US call their dealer or dealer rep? Seeing some of our friends to the north are getting official emails now. 

41 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Anyone from the US call their dealer or dealer rep? Seeing some of our friends to the north are getting official emails now. 

I saw that too. Canadians are getting emails confirming their bikes will be arriving in May. My assumption is that will mean the same for us Yanks. 

I was planning on calling today to see what my dealer says as well. Anybody else, chime in. 

The US doesn't even have an official EDP program, which Canada has had since last year Oct. It's extremely hopeful to think anyone there will see this bike before Fall this year, it is slated as a 2021 model for NA for a reason. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

The US doesn't even have an official EDP program, which Canada has had since last year Oct. It's extremely hopeful to think anyone there will see this bike before Fall this year, it is slated as a 2021 model for NA for a reason. 

Yes, I know. Yammy USA is so tight lipped about new release. That said, the bike is still listed on their website as early Summer 2020. Guess we'll find out when when find out. I was hoping that since Canadian EDPs were getting emails, that YamUSA would give some verbal announcement. Similar to how they reached out to dealers for unofficial deposit counts.

17 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

It was over on December 31 st.

C2C01C23-280E-4586-BC6C-4BA65D530905.jpeg

• Haha 1

74E6A4DA-E738-4409-979B-86919B29CDD8.jpeg