Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
GPSAT

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

Cruizin
44 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

For you guys sake I hope they ship east by train, be harder for Cruzin to high jack. 

But wouldn’t rule that out either.

• Haha 1

millesecond
On 5/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

Looks like the red colour is a deeper/metallic maroon red vs the euro bikes! 

It's the updated 2021 (bold new colors)

• Like 1

“....you just keep think’n Butch, that’s what your good at!”

close range

Picked mine up today in BC.

Black looks great in person.

Snapped a few pics of the white/red that was waiting for its lucky owner.

First ride tomorrow.

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

• Like 3

boboneleg

I'm very pleased for you guys over there but I'm curious, can you ride your bikes ?  Mine has just sat in the garage for the last 7 weeks here in the UK 😙

ScorpionT16
5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm very pleased for you guys over there but I'm curious, can you ride your bikes ?  Mine has just sat in the garage for the last 7 weeks here in the UK 😙

Yes we can ride, everyone's been out and about riding, as long as you keep distance and don't do group rides, it's even encouraged to keep sanity 😁 

vilageidgit62

In Ontario, essential travels only,not strickly enforced and havent heard of anyone getting fined for riding

Seen bikes on the road,since there is less traffic,police are reporting more road racing,a future nobel prize winner was caught driving his parents Mercedes at 308 km/hr!

It would be difficult for me to explain to a first responder or hospital staff why I'm riding around in a pandemic if I were ever to require their services.

With mostly elderly dying,I guess people want their inheritance now,so .....

Haven't ridden in 6 weeks,difficult since its getting warmer

ScorpionT16
11 hours ago, close range said:

Picked mine up today in BC.

Black looks great in person.

Snapped a few pics of the white/red that was waiting for its lucky owner.

First ride tomorrow.

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

Thank you for the pics! I now think I prefer the black more, the deeper red vs the vibrant red in Europe isn't as sporty

• Like 1

tenerecanada

No bike yet, But they were nice enough to ask  me to start filming myself. The Shad waterproof bag showed up as well. No VIN yet. Also will note I have not signed any formal financing yet, and the new rates are much better than at preorder. 

6575AC27-2838-4AA4-B356-09FBEA5E4F56.jpeg

9A11AF1F-661D-4AC2-9587-C4EB39A6C408.jpeg

• Like 2

GPSAT

Got my gift in today as well.

• Like 3

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

ScorpionT16

Got mine today as-well, no word from the dealer, or VIN#

• Like 1

tenerecanada
36 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Got mine today as-well, no word from the dealer, or VIN#

I’ve been following your story here and on advrider. I think this is a good sign that the problem lies with your dealerships’ communication, and that you are indeed in queue like many other Ontario posters here in limbo, and will be riding by months end. To be fair my dealer has been about as helpful as yours, he’s just been quite open and transparent about how he knows nothing. He did confirm delivery this month after I pressed him to dig, heres hoping yours does too. 

• Like 1

ScorpionT16
3 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

I’ve been following your story here and on advrider. I think this is a good sign that the problem lies with your dealerships’ communication, and that you are indeed in queue like many other Ontario posters here in limbo, and will be riding by months end. To be fair my dealer has been about as helpful as yours, he’s just been quite open and transparent about how he knows nothing. He did confirm delivery this month after I pressed him to dig, heres hoping yours does too. 

I apologize for being impatient about all this. I understand what the dealerships and all are going through right now, and everyone waiting in the same boat, and just hope everyone who ordered the bike gets it on time, I'm okay waiting and enjoying seeing what others are up to, doing to their bikes, and their experiences for now! 🙂

• Like 1

Cruizin
1 hour ago, tenerecanada said:

No bike yet, But they were nice enough to ask  me to start filming myself. The Shad waterproof bag showed up as well. No VIN yet. Also will note I have not signed any formal financing yet, and the new rates are much better than at preorder. 

You should include a short clip of the main page of the forum! Lol. 

• Like 2

Tazmool

I must say I am quite envious (as many others, I have heard nothing from my dealer) 

But I am happy for you guys!  👍

Keep the info, photos, everything else coming!

At least one nice thing on my end, I am so swamped with work, I can honestly say that if the bike landed in my garage today, I could barely find the time to take it around the block.  The end of the month is looking much better (work wise) and🤞that the bike is here at the end of the month. 

Tazmool

• Like 1

tenerecanada
5 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I apologize for being impatient about all this. I understand what the dealerships and all are going through right now, and everyone waiting in the same boat, and just hope everyone who ordered the bike gets it on time, I'm okay waiting and enjoying seeing what others are up to, doing to their bikes, and their experiences for now! 🙂

I will be the very last person to blame ya, I can totally relate. October was a long time ago, and this bike is a bright spot in these dark times no doubt. 

• Like 1

tenerecanada
3 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

You should include a short clip of the main page of the forum! Lol. 

You know I’ll get it in there!

• Thanks 1

Tazmool

Arghh....

I checked my mail-box with hope....
Nuthin.....

No waterproof tail bag, 
No contact from Yamaha Canada.... 

Sad...
Went for a long walk to cheer myself up.

Tazmool

ScorpionT16

@TazmoolIt will come, not sure where you live or when you pre-ordered, though I'm certain you'll get it soon. It was also delivered to the front door, not community mail box. Not sure if it helps, though the owners letters received have a Toronto address, maybe they shipped them from the Yamaha HQ here and are spreading outward by mail. I don't think anyone in BC had got them yet either. Though they do have the bike to keep occupied with 😅

urS6

Dealerships don’t know when or what bikes are going to ship... Yamaha is much more general with their information than some other manufacturers. 

1 T7 arrived at my local dealership last Friday, and then 3 more early this week. All pre sold units. Vancouver island, BC

-audifan

Lucr1
20 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

I received my dry bag today as well. I was impressed with the capacity.  My sales guy had said it was going to be a small bag or something.  Made it seem like a tank bag.  

Same as you , I haven't signed any official paperwork with the dealer to finalize the deal.  I did get my vin earlier this week  . Interesting they would send to people without the actual purchase.  

The letter inside also says that "you are one of the first Canadians receiving the new T7. " sorta confirms the bike will be here. 

• Like 1

ScorpionT16
1 hour ago, Lucr1 said:

I received my dry bag today as well. I was impressed with the capacity.  My sales guy had said it was going to be a small bag or something.  Made it seem like a tank bag.  

Same as you , I haven't signed any official paperwork with the dealer to finalize the deal.  I did get my vin earlier this week  . Interesting they would send to people without the actual purchase.  

The letter inside also says that "you are one of the first Canadians receiving the new T7. " sorta confirms the bike will be here. 

I think the non-refundable $500 deposit we paid confirms it for them, at this point even if one backed out, that bag is worth less than $500, so Yamaha wouldn't loose anything. 

• Like 1

Yammybound88

I got mine this morning. Very excited.

cheers

-Bob

• Like 1

Lucr1
1 hour ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I think the non-refundable $500 deposit we paid confirms it for them, at this point even if one backed out, that bag is worth less than $500, so Yamaha wouldn't loose anything. 

Ya i couldn't remember if the non refundable only applied if you didn't pick up the bike before a certain date.  There was something mentioned about that at the time i did the deposit.   It's still a bit unorthodox.  Every time i ever bought a yamaha bike , the gift or bonus always was given at time of purchase. They where also sent to the dealers ,not direct to consumer. 

• Like 1