Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
GPSAT

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

ScorpionT16
11 minutes ago, Lucr1 said:

Ya i couldn't remember if the non refundable only applied if you didn't pick up the bike before a certain date.  There was something mentioned about that at the time i did the deposit.   It's still a bit unorthodox.  Every time i ever bought a yamaha bike , the gift or bonus always was given at time of purchase. They where also sent to the dealers ,not direct to consumer. 

Maybe due to some dealers closed, and the social distancing, they decided to mail them out to prevent contact and keep them in the boxes, delivered to the door. idk, just a theory. 

vilageidgit62

Shad bag delivered by Purolater this morning,thats is no guarantee that you will get the Tenwhere in the first round.

Just another tease,YAMAssHAt should get into the strip club business

• Dislike 1

Lucr1
1 hour ago, vilageidgit62 said:

Shad bag delivered by Purolater this morning,thats is no guarantee that you will get the Tenwhere in the first round.

Just another tease,YAMAssHAt should get into the strip club business

I hope to god not!!  Two business' i've blown too much money at in my lifetime lol ..i can just imagine if they became one and the same

Tazmool

I got my Shad bag from Yamaha Canada yesterday, it came from the toronto office. 
As posted by previous posters, there was also an insert saying congrats on being one of the first T7 owners in Canada, and another asking to take photos and upload them to their site of choice (and a French copy of the same flyer)

I hope this means that my T7 is actually on its way to me right now, and not too far away. 
The lack of info from my dealer is probably simply a lack of communication from the Toronto office (the dealer did mention that the office with whom they deal with in Toronto is either closed or minimum staffed, and that the dealer is waiting for an electronic notification from the main office that the bike is ... *somewhere?* close, or ready... vague )

The Shad duffle bag that arrived, looks of good quality and has good reviews online. 

Its like a waterproof backpack actually, should be useful, and I'll be integrating it into my touring setup. 
Its the Shad Zulupack SW38 Duffle bag, which is a 35L bag.  

EDP-stuff.thumb.jpg.d126fff5f443c3129bd8ebacbcda933c.jpg

My memory is a little fuzzy from the early deposit program 7 months ago....

But was'nt it supposed to be a 50L bag with the pre-order? 
I remember wondering how one would fit a 50L waterproof bag on the back of the small Tenere tail? 
I could be wrong, does anyone remember?  or have the brochure from the early deposit program? 

Tazmool

• Like 1

Yammybound88
2 hours ago, Tazmool said:

I got my Shad bag from Yamaha Canada yesterday, it came from the toronto office. 
As posted by previous posters, there was also an insert saying congrats on being one of the first T7 owners in Canada, and another asking to take photos and upload them to their site of choice (and a French copy of the same flyer)

I hope this means that my T7 is actually on its way to me right now, and not too far away. 
The lack of info from my dealer is probably simply a lack of communication from the Toronto office (the dealer did mention that the office with whom they deal with in Toronto is either closed or minimum staffed, and that the dealer is waiting for an electronic notification from the main office that the bike is ... *somewhere?* close, or ready... vague )

The Shad duffle bag that arrived, looks of good quality and has good reviews online. 

Its like a waterproof backpack actually, should be useful, and I'll be integrating it into my touring setup. 
Its the Shad Zulupack SW38 Duffle bag, which is a 35L bag.  

EDP-stuff.thumb.jpg.d126fff5f443c3129bd8ebacbcda933c.jpg

My memory is a little fuzzy from the early deposit program 7 months ago....

But was'nt it supposed to be a 50L bag with the pre-order? 
I remember wondering how one would fit a 50L waterproof bag on the back of the small Tenere tail? 
I could be wrong, does anyone remember?  or have the brochure from the early deposit program? 

Tazmool

yes original offer was a yellow dry bag

• Like 1

ScorpionT16
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Free Shad bag? Special preorder pricing? 

All we got in the USA was a bag of shet excuses. 

You guys will get it soon, and I'm sure Yamaha will give the U.S some more incentives, perhaps on accessories. Also the CDN dollar is so bad, we're basically paying 1.5x more than what you guys are on their accessories, and other parts. So it will balance out. 

If it helps, the Shad bag is nice and I'm sure many will love it, its good value. Though I just got an Enduristan Tornado duffle, and its night and day difference, I wont't really use the Shad. The backpack straps aren't removable either. I would have preferred if Yamaha gave credit on accessories or something instead. We are getting 15% off goods bought with the bike, though that's basically just getting them tax free. 

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

Island Tenere

Hmm, I got my bike in BC 2 days ago, but no sign of any "Welcome Package" with a Shad bag.  I guess I'd rather have the bike in any event.  Already ripped apart the back end and installed the R & G tail tidy.  LeoVince header and can are on the way, as well as Adventure Spec bash plate.  Agonizing over whether to put on crash bars and if so, which one.  Seems there are like 10 brands to choose from now.  Adventure Spec makes an upper only aluminum set that looks to be much lighter.  Working on bags now.  Discover Bumot.  Cheaper than the competition with good reviews.  Considering soft bags for the first time.  Interesting forum, just signed up.  Any feedback on gear appreciated.

• Like 3

Tazmool

Island Tenere, I think you have the right deal combination 😉 I'd take having the bike, vs having the welcome package and no bike!

Post some photos!
We'd love to see your T7!

Tazmool

• Like 1

ScorpionT16
Posted (edited)

For the folks that have got a bike here, do insurance companies have the bike on record now? Last I heard they didn't have a 2021 Tenere 700 in the system, so not sure if they will just give MT-07 rates 

EDIT: nvm, they do have it in the system, as an XTZ700, 2021 model

Edited by ScorpionT16

Lucr1

My red( more like burgandy ) showed up today.  I live in the east coast of Canada. 

Does only come with 2 black keys if  there was still a question on that. 

There is a small metal tag that comes with the keys that usually has an id number on it for your keys.  Dealer told me today they had received word that it may be a while for the next ones they ordered to show up. 

20200519_170713.jpg

• Like 1

Lucr1

20200519_165450.jpg

Pierrot
Posted (edited)

Hi lucr1 where do you live?

Edited by Pierrot
  • Like 1

Tazmool

Lucr1, 
Thanks for the update!
2 Black keys, means no immobilizer, that is good news!  I hate those! 😉

I wonder how the bikes went from West coast of Canada, to the East coast of Canada, and somehow missed Ontario?   LOL

No updates or info here....

Tazmool

• Sad 1

GPSAT
Posted (edited)

My good friend Kevin @ Trail Side Sports in Espanola has it put together! Accessories are going on tomorrow. I'll probably drive down Friday to pick it up!

T7.jpg

My New Bike.jpg

Edited by GPSAT
  • Thanks 2

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

Lucr1
15 minutes ago, Pierrot said:

Hi lucr1 where do you live?

Hey . I live in NB 

ScorpionT16

🤯 What games are these Yamaha is playing, bikes reach NB before Ontario 😅

Lucr1
13 minutes ago, Tazmool said:

Lucr1, 
Thanks for the update!
2 Black keys, means no immobilizer, that is good news!  I hate those! 😉

I wonder how the bikes went from West coast of Canada, to the East coast of Canada, and somehow missed Ontario?   LOL

No updates or info here....

Not sure about the immobalizer.  I fixed up an 04 r1 last summer and it didn't have any . My buddy has an o5 and his does. His keys look like the ones from the t7.

The 07 R1 i had did as well. I can't remember when i started getting the third red key. My 16  R1 has 3. (Red and the 2 black)

I think when there is no immobalizer the key is a flat triangular key.  Had an 09 raider that was from Maryland US and it looked like the early 2000 yamaha keys .

I wouldn't rule it out until maybe someone can check the diagram or get confirmation from a dealer.

Lucr1
Just now, ScorpionT16 said:

I know, i know  norhing exists past Ont.  Lol😎

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

TimmyTheHog
26 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Guess that is how shipping works in Canada?

My mail from California always seems to love to go to Toronto/Montreal first before heading back out my way in BC...lol...

great looking bikes guys

• Haha 1

X Plane
34 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Panama Canal game lol

ScorpionT16
8 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Panama Canal game lol

Would make sense if they shipped them by ship, though they landed in BC and got trucked out east. Unless they sent 2 shipments from Japan, one east, one west... Eh, I'm just hanging tight waiting, as it is no rush, just nice to see people get their goodies! 

• Like 1

Lucr1
6 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Would make sense if they shipped them by ship, though they landed in BC and got trucked out east. Unless they sent 2 shipments from Japan, one east, one west... Eh, I'm just hanging tight waiting, as it is no rush, just nice to see people get their goodies! 

This one shipped from BC.  The dealer had given me confirmation last week of it's starting point. 

May just be logistics with freight in general for Ontario due to Covid.  Probably pretty Hectic.  This bike may have  been a straight run is all. 

Lucr1
28 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Guess that is how shipping works in Canada?

My mail from California always seems to love to go to Toronto/Montreal first before heading back out my way in BC...lol...

great looking bikes guys

And yes shipping is stupid in canada right now. I live about an hour from the Us and have a mail box there for online purchases.  When they closed the border i couldn't cross to get my things. I had to have them re package everything and ship US post.  

That was on the 30th of April.  

It has been in Canada since the 2nd or 3rd of May and I still haven't received the package.  Plus it will cost me an extra 130 bucks on top of the duty.  

GPSAT
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GPSAT said:

My good friend Kevin @ Trail Side Sports in Espanola has it put together! Accessories are going on tomorrow. I'll probably drive down Friday to pick it up!

T7.jpg

My New Bike.jpg

ONTARIO UPDATE:

All My Accessories are installed. I am heading down in the morning to haul it home. I live in Timmins ON. The bike is in Espanola ON.

My New Bike Adventure Pegs.jpg

My New Bike Rally Seat.jpg

Edited by GPSAT
  • Like 5

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black