Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
GPSAT

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

ScorpionT16
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GPSAT said:

ONTARIO UPDATE:

All My Accessories are installed. I am heading down in the morning to haul it home. I live in Timmins ON. The bike is in Espanola ON.

Congrats buddy! Lucky man, whole week has awesome weather too, your dealer did great, keep us posted. All accessories ordered with mine aren't even in stock, dealer didn't get them on time, he assumed they would be ready to ship whenever, doesn't even know the bike is in Ontario

Edited by ScorpionT16

Teneighty
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tazmool said:

Lucr1, 
Thanks for the update!
2 Black keys, means no immobilizer, that is good news!  I hate those! 😉

I wonder how the bikes went from West coast of Canada, to the East coast of Canada, and somehow missed Ontario?   LOL

No updates or info here....

Tazmool

They seem to be making a Canada wide wave of shipments first. I imagine there are people in B.C. without them. I live in Grande Prairie and I watched people on Prince George and St. Albert get bikes. I thought mine would be showing up any day last week. And have since lost hope. Now I'm thinking that since the bike has made it coast to coast they will start filling in the rest of the dealers. But who knooooows. 

Edited by Teneighty

Tommy2
17 hours ago, Lucr1 said:

20200519_165450.jpg

So this doesn't look to be the same color red as the rest of the world is getting, kind of a bummer because the white and "red" version is/was the one I want to order here in the states. Doesn't look like it will match some of the vivid/fire truck red crash bars and accessories out there, which paired with this tone would look like crap.

Lucr1
1 hour ago, Tommy2 said:

So this doesn't look to be the same color red as the rest of the world is getting, kind of a bummer because the white and "red" version is/was the one I want to order here in the states. Doesn't look like it will match some of the vivid/fire truck red crash bars and accessories out there, which paired with this tone would look like crap.

I was hoping for the brighter red as well, i don't mind it so much , still nice.

Looks like this color was made known beforehand.  I took a ss. from  a site that showed it  last November and it looks to be what i received.  

Screenshot_20200520-122339_Samsung Internet.jpg

ScorpionT16
3 hours ago, Tommy2 said:

Yes it is a different red and confirmed by many, a metallic cherry sort of red. At first I was upset cause I ordered a red/white one and like the vibrant red, however this one has grown on me, looks more premium and less plasticky, its one of those colours that will look better in person. 

On that note, I got a call from my dealer, the bike is here and hopefully I have it by end of the week 🙂

• Like 2

Mr.motarded
20 hours ago, GPSAT said:

My good friend Kevin @ Trail Side Sports in Espanola has it put together! Accessories are going on tomorrow. I'll probably drive down Friday to pick it up!

T7.jpg

My New Bike.jpg

Thats the bike i ordered, as far as that color goes is that yellow like a florescent chartreuse or is it just yellow.  Some pics on the web look like its just yellow and some look like its florescent yellow.  Im hoping for the florescent cause pretty much all my gear would match love the high viz. 

DoYouLikeItHere

Gonna be some happy customers in Ladysmith !

His and Hers 😉

How great is that !

20200516_160117.jpg

• Like 6

X Plane
1 hour ago, DoYouLikeItHere said:

Gonna be some happy customers in Ladysmith !

His and Hers 😉

How great is that !

20200516_160117.jpg

Socially distancing too 👍

ScorpionT16

I'm pretty certain there will be more than enough bikes for everyone that pre-ordered. Coming back from my dealer, he said after the COVID stuff, lots of people cancelled their pre-orders, from what it looked like, was over half. I think Yamaha knew this, and sent less bikes to compensate

DWEL700

Did you get yours Scorp? I am finally picking mine up today.

Its suppose to rain all weekend so I guess I will be bolting on parts and sitting on it making vroom vroom noises.

• Like 1

ScorpionT16
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

Did you get yours Scorp? I am finally picking mine up today.

Its suppose to rain all weekend so I guess I will be bolting on parts and sitting on it making vroom vroom noises.

Got all the paperwork done today, bike is sitting at the dealer ready to go, saw it today, just the ministry is slow and they haven't transferred the ownership yet, so Monday/Tuesday I was told now. At least you get the weekend to make vroom vroom noises, I'm still in the dream stage haha - Its also all rain rain rain here next week, so she'll get broken in ADV style, all wet

Edited by ScorpionT16

Ferguson
Posted (edited)

Got mine today. Put the first 150 kms on it. This thing is beautiful. Smooth and planted from 5 to 140+ k/hr. Feels like a comfortable, highway capable 450 supermoto with a bit of wind protection. (Cambridge, Ontario if anyone is wondering) Think there were three delivered locally.IMG-20200522-WA0006.thumb.jpg.03746c2e0740657d452faa4bef752ed5.jpgIMG_20200522_161147.thumb.jpg.ab519f2f0585147b92c5f828461f4953.jpg

Edited by Ferguson
  • Like 6

H20ham

Was told, the next Canadian shipment will be landed by June 11th.

And why does Canada only have 5 digit claim/confirmation number.

Any of you canuckle heads noticed this difference 

Tazmool

Congrats everyone that has their bike already! 

Ferguson, bike looks great!  
Did you get it at Apex?   
I also used to live in Fergus, then Guelph, many years ago, good area for riding and everything else. 

Enjoy those T7's! 

Tazmool

DoYouLikeItHere
Posted (edited)

It arrived today.

I got to open the box 🙂

Vancouver Island BC.

My New Blue 😉 

https://youtu.be/KCnjwEJCwn8

Edited by DoYouLikeItHere
  • Like 3

Ferguson
On 5/22/2020 at 11:46 PM, Tazmool said:

Congrats everyone that has their bike already! 

Ferguson, bike looks great!  
Did you get it at Apex?   
I also used to live in Ferguson, then Guelph, many years ago, good area for riding and everything else. 

Enjoy those T7's! 

Tazmool

Yes, got it at Apex. There is some pretty great riding around this area. Just rolled over 500 kms. Was up to Collingwood, and Belfountain yesterday. I am super impressed with this bike. I've had about 13 bikes ranging from R1 to Vstrom to Husqvarna SM 610 etc. I've always had something that wasn't ideal about each one. This thing seems like a great all around capable machine. I don't have a single thing that sticks out as an issue or complaint so far.

• Like 2

Yammybound88
On 5/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, Ferguson said:

Got mine today. Put the first 150 kms on it. This thing is beautiful. Smooth and planted from 5 to 140+ k/hr. Feels like a comfortable, highway capable 450 supermoto with a bit of wind protection. (Cambridge, Ontario if anyone is wondering) Think there were three delivered locally.IMG-20200522-WA0006.thumb.jpg.03746c2e0740657d452faa4bef752ed5.jpgIMG_20200522_161147.thumb.jpg.ab519f2f0585147b92c5f828461f4953.jpg

Beautiful - I get mine on Monday.  Just down the road in Hamilton, let's get out for a ride.  Cheers

Ferguson
3 hours ago, Yammybound88 said:

Beautiful - I get mine on Monday.  Just down the road in Hamilton, let's get out for a ride.  Cheers

Sounds good man let's make it happen. 

CardamT7bleu

Here my t7 , receive it last Friday may  22. 

IMG_20200522_125957_1.jpg

• Like 2

Peelu

I just got a call from Pro Am in Calgary saying mine is in. Also got the Shad bag last night. Hopefully they keep coming in quickly.

The new red and white color scheme looks better in person than I thought it would. Initially I was disappointed they had changed it from the European lighter red, but the burgundy is actually pretty nice.

20200526_150002.jpg

• Like 2

Bcom

Yamaha dealer questionable. I ordered my tenere 700. Last October 11 2019, and I'm buying it outright. The Yamaha dealer keeps putting me off saying they have no idea when it is comming. Yet there web site shows they have one in stock. Any one else had these issues?

H20ham

I think there are preferred dealers. Or at least whatever made sense to ymc

the next batch is to be landed by the 11th

soon

Tazmool

I'm still with out a bike too. 
Dealer did give me a vin #, but so far still no word of when it will actually be in. 

I guess it will be a surprise at some point....  I'm tired of calling them and asking what is going on.

Tazmool

Pikes
Posted (edited)

Same here,no bike yet but dealer said they have been invoiced for bike.🤷‍♂️

I am in Saskatchewan btw , have not seen or heard of any delivered in our province 

Edited by Pikes

H20ham

i have been ordering little $10 parts for kids, and friends of kids bikes. from my dealer. 

its been good practice, for if/when the call comes in...😉

caller i.d. eh!