Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

GPSAT

On 5/26/2020 at 11:01 PM, Pikes said:

Same here,no bike yet but dealer said they have been invoiced for bike.🤷‍♂️

I am in Saskatchewan btw , have not seen or heard of any delivered in our province 

I ordered in november and now they're saying i wont see it until july. 

Seems strange. I see usa dealers will have them in june without preorder. 

Mine is in as of this Wednesday but have to wait till June 4th or 5th to pick her up. My dealer is upset with me already

• Like 1

Mine arrived this morning at my dealership so early next week. Blackstock Motorsports just north  of Bowmanville Ontario.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Got my T7 Home today!
And took her out for a 1st ride!

1st-Dirt-Ride!.thumb.jpg.845011d8ac75a225bfa304c95cf72df2.jpg

Picked her up in Hensall Ontario, 
Dealer did their best to get her to me asap (I was being a nuisance!) 

First ride impressions:
She was worth the wait!  And I'm in Love!
I think you guys will be pleased with yours!

I'll post more thoughts as I ride her more, but that will have to wait until I have a bit of time off. 

Even before the 1st ride, I slapped the Yamaha Low seat on her, and yanked the new battery, installed a Li-Fe battery I had from my R6 project (exact same battery for both bikes, so the LiFe battery is a direct swap)

Quick note, I'm surprised at the lack of "bobble-head" I'm seeing in my instrument cluster, I was expecting the thing to be wobbling all around as reported on here.  It seems perfectly normal.  Only time I saw the instrument cluster vibrating around a bit was on rough gravel/dirt roads (washboard)   Maybe once its wears in a bit.... ?

Tazmool

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Another nice surprise I had at the dealership today, 
The mechanic there, thought I would appreciate seeing photos of how the bike arrived and the unboxing process. 

in-da-box!.thumb.jpg.5c87a27b01817b48ac8b98c65fa08365.jpg

So he snapped some photos of it and shared them with me when I picked up the bike today. 

I must say, I really appreciated that.  

Tazmool

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Nice one. Though gee those indicators are so dam 70’s ugly.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yes, I agree, the stock indicators look very..... ahem.... ugly...

I have a set ready for install, with led relay.  However, I did not realize the front turn signals also have full time running lights in them, and my led signals do not.... Debating whether or not to install them and have no "marker" lights in the turn signals.

There is a nice pile of parts waiting to be installed on the bike, but waiting to break it in 1st, then I would like to do a good weigh-in to have a before and after weight for the bike. 

And Congrats Pikes!
Bike looks good in the back of the truck!
How the heck do you get it in there?  I had a hard enough time getting mine in the trailer and out!  (I was rolling solo)

Tazmool

This guy has the Yamaha Euro/Aussie LED plus indicators,go to 11:26 min

It has front and rear running lights!!!,they have been installed on other Yamaha model seen on utube vids

Someone on the other forum ordered a set from fleabay for ~ $500

Part # is shown on description

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, vilageidgit62 said:

This guy has the Yamaha Euro/Aussie LED plus indicators,go to 11:26 min

It has front and rear running lights!!!,they have been installed on other Yamaha model seen on utube vids

Someone on the other forum ordered a set from fleabay for ~ $500

Part # is shown on description

Please no orange globes! I almost went with the arrow indicators and then discovered the Yamaha LED Plus indicators. I'll probably add HyperLites to the back with these.

[IMG]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

Please no orange globes! I almost went with the arrow indicators and then discovered the Yamaha LED Plus indicators. I'll probably add HyperLites to the back with these.

[IMG]

Everything Orange ...is on it's way out !   😜

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 11:01 AM, Tazmool said:

Yes, I agree, the stock indicators look very..... ahem.... ugly...

I have a set ready for install, with led relay.  However, I did not realize the front turn signals also have full time running lights in them, and my led signals do not.... Debating whether or not to install them and have no "marker" lights in the turn signals.

There is a nice pile of parts waiting to be installed on the bike, but waiting to break it in 1st, then I would like to do a good weigh-in to have a before and after weight for the bike. 

And Congrats Pikes!
Bike looks good in the back of the truck!
How the heck do you get it in there?  I had a hard enough time getting mine in the trailer and out!  (I was rolling solo)

Tazmool

Dealer had a ramp.He said he will ride it on but  we ended up just pushing it on.

6 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

Everything Orange ...is on it's way out !   😜

Are these plug & play? Really curious about these.

saw the video above and might a great way to get aux like without adding more lights...at least for the front.

9 hours ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Are these plug & play? Really curious about these.

saw the video above and might a great way to get aux like without adding more lights...at least for the front.

Led Plus lights are NOT plug and play. Need to reuse connectors from originals, resistors, connectors, and tap in to running and brake light wiring. Basic wiring and soldering with patience. They just add more light in the front but they're not quite Aux lights. My plan is to get the brakets for the OEM fog lights and add on cheaper LED lights to those. Again more wiring. OEM Fog light kit price is way out there.

71cSUXJCqjL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For the led turn-signal upgrade, I would definitely NOT go the resistors route, adding resistors is adding an electrical load, heat, complexity and a little bit of bulk-weight that you have to stow somewhere.  

Just get a led relay and replace the oem one.
To simplify the job, you can also get a set of oem cable adapters that will plug directly into the blinker harness and blinkers.  Or better yet, just get the connectors and crimp them onto the blinker harness so they plug directly into the oem harness.  
Yes, a bit more planning and few parts needed, but a clean, proper, execution imho.

I find it baffling that yamaha would go this weird resistor route, just like their bizzare choice with the oem heated hand-grips. 

Why on earth would they go with a grip that is too short, then add a spacer (thats not heated either)....?   

Why on earth would they then go with a different power plug, then add an adapter that you need to plug into the oem harness?   
They're the manufacturer, they could have used a proper length grip, and added the proper plug to either the heated grip harness, or T7 harness..

Their led blinkers should have also been designed to be a plug-n-play affair and came with a led relay.

My guess is that whomever was the accessories designer, did not have the knowledge, time, or did not care?

Tazmool

I have pondered on how to deal with the ugly signals, and decided to do a front signal delete all together and get the cyclops Aurora lights, with the 2in halo, that maybe able to be wired into the signal, and therefore work as a signal/flash. With the bonus of having a 2000lumens (4000 total) of lighting power switched. Since the OEM headlight does not turn on unless the engine is on, for setting up camp having secondary lights is nice. This method also works out cheaper than the Yamaha OEM signals, with the bonus of AUX lights

I got the LED relay of VOS motors here, they have 1-2 TST ones in stock which are plug and play, and ordered the Fog light brackets. Things are all a few weeks out in shipping, and I'm no electrical guru, so hopefully it all works. When things arrive, I'll keep people posted, if it works. 

Here is a quick Photoshop job of the vision in mind. 

spacer.png

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tazmool said:

For the led turn-signal upgrade, I would definitely NOT go the resistors route, adding resistors is adding an electrical load, heat, complexity and a little bit of bulk-weight that you have to stow somewhere.  

Just get a led relay and replace the oem one.
To simplify the job, you can also get a set of oem cable adapters that will plug directly into the blinker harness and blinkers.  Or better yet, just get the connectors and crimp them onto the blinker harness so they plug directly into the oem harness.  
Yes, a bit more planning and few parts needed, but a clean, proper, execution imho.

I find it baffling that yamaha would go this weird resistor route, just like their bizzare choice with the oem heated hand-grips. 

Why on earth would they go with a grip that is too short, then add a spacer (thats not heated either)....?   

Why on earth would they then go with a different power plug, then add an adapter that you need to plug into the oem harness?   
They're the manufacturer, they could have used a proper length grip, and added the proper plug to either the heated grip harness, or T7 harness..

Their led blinkers should have also been designed to be a plug-n-play affair and came with a led relay.

My guess is that whomever was the accessories designer, did not have the knowledge, time, or did not care?

Tazmool

Thanks Tazmool !⚡

Back on topic 

has the next Canadian shipment landed in Vancouver 

anyone seen dealers with new stock?

cheers with beers, without bike...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy to say my T7 showed up 2 weeks ago and she now has over 2000kms on her. Love it. Hate the tires, but love the bike. New tires in the garage waiting for a rainy weekend.

IMG_20200516_120152.jpg

I think I have Yamaha disease...

On 6/1/2020 at 6:00 AM, Tazmool said:

Tazmool

Me thinks everything is the cheap route to keep costs down

Hate the tires

why do you hate

what do you hate

what are you replacing them with please 

Received an email from my dealer in Ontario. They expect my bike to be in this week for a delivery next week. 2nd batch bike. Ordered nov 21

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1