Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

GPSAT

I showed up at my dealer last Friday, unannounced. My bike was sitting in the show room. Apparently it arrived a week before.

I handed him the cash and the paperwork was completed. I now own a white and what ever that other colour it, I thought I ordered red. 

called a couple dealers today.

sounds like next week for sure, in the West. And maybe this week.

geez

My Tech Black is built, waiting for me to come in and sign 60mos @ 2.95% with nothing down. So easy to be irresponsible. YOLO. Haha. 

Interesting to see they’re filling the USA orders and the earlier canadian preorders aren’t all here yet. I’m told mid June. 

• Dislike 1

I pre-ordered my T7 on literally the last or second-last day. I did see a white Tenere in Salmon Arm the other day. Any other late orders here? Speculation on when the last batch will come to Canada?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Looking like I am the last of the initial release to pick up their bike. All set for Monday - central Ontario. Not sure when the second batch starts to roll out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Premium Member

something to watch will some of you wait... chat on tyres etc

On 6/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, tenerecanada said:

Looking like I am the last of the initial release to pick up their bike. All set for Monday - central Ontario. Not sure when the second batch starts to roll out.

How close to october 1st did you get your order in?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Saskten said:

How close to october 1st did you get your order in?

4th of October I believe. Dealer is just legendarily slow - they have been gawking at it for a few weeks I assume

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Must have been hard to wait a couple weeks or didnt they tell you it was in until now?

Oct 4th is early. I thought about it until november. 

Congrats on the delivery. 

I ordered mine from Newmarket Powersports in Aurora at the end of November.  My bike was not part of the initial shipment.  Has anyone in Ontario gotten their bike in the second shipment?  

• Thanks 1

For what it's worth, I was told yesterday by Yamaha Canada that the second shipment date is not yet known but is expected "mid-summer". Not sure if the person I was corresponding with had all the information.

Second Shipment is in! My dealer has had mine in for a few days, wasn't going to call me until it was ready to ride, But I wander through a least once a week, and while I was in he let me know it's there just waiting to be set up!

2 minutes ago, SF11 said:

Second Shipment is in! My dealer has had mine in for a few days, wasn't going to call me until it was ready to ride, But I wander through a least once a week, and while I was in he let me know it's there just waiting to be set up!

Man I so hope you're right! 🙂

I have paperwork done, and they told me it would be ready before the weekend! so should be picking it up later today!

As a side note, I was told someone else backed out of their bike! So there is (or at least was!) an unclaimed Ceramic Ice at Redline in Grande Prairie AB!

Please keep in mind I haven't actually seen them, but was told about it by the same guy at my dealership who knew when the first shipment was in (and mine wasn't in it!), that second shipment was due to be in Canada by June 11, so I'm inclined to believe what he says!

True

I have spoken with a dozen dealers who ordered early, and had extra bikes for sale.

So much for pre-order bs 

Today, it sounds like dealers who did not get the 2nd batch yet (as is the case with mine) are waiting till the 3ed shipment in August. so much for early summer.

guess the dealers with the extra bikes, and yamaha can shove it

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, H20ham said:

True

I have spoken with a dozen dealers who ordered early, and had extra bikes for sale.

So much for pre-order bs 

Today, it sounds like dealers who did not get the 2nd batch yet (as is the case with mine) are waiting till the 3ed shipment in August. so much for early summer.

guess the dealers with the extra bikes, and yamaha can shove it

Maybe that's why they implemented the US pre order method, to prevent this. Though, since a lot of orders were placed pre-covid, I know of people and the dealer mentioned, who dropped out of their EDPs and the bike's wre already ordered. So perhaps those are the "extra" bikes seen at dealers. Only thing I find odd is how they started rolling bikes to the US, when Canadians who officially ordered the bike last year, still have not received one

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SF11 said:

SF11 - did you get the Shad bag in the mail first? From reading here that seems to be the first clue it's arrived. Still waiting for mine ordered Dec. 30.

Well I didn't get to collect my bike yesterday! When I called them around 4pm, was told my sales guy was off for the weekend, and my bike is in line with 27 other PDI's!

10 hours ago, kami916 said:

SF11 - did you get the Shad bag in the mail first? From reading here that seems to be the first clue it's arrived. Still waiting for mine ordered Dec. 30.

Yes, I received my Shad bag about 1-2 weeks after the first shipment of T7's arrived in Canada.

And so it seems, as my bag and package is shipped to the dealer. Not me. This confirms that Yamaha Canada knew who was purchasing bikes pre order. And who paid, and were going through.