Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

GPSAT

First I was told April...then end of May, then "we expect it before end of June".

Now I'm told it won't be until September.

Bugger it.

42 minutes ago, Vikingtazz said:

First I was told April...then end of May, then "we expect it before end of June".

Now I'm told it won't be until September.

Bugger it.

Dualsport plus has one for sale.

11 minutes ago, Limey said:

I already traded a bike for this one - so I'm kind of stuck.

Robbie O is selling his with less than 200km on it - guessing he didn't like it, and it's the same colour I want - white.

Dualsport Plus is a parts vendor, are they selling a used one?

5 hours ago, Vikingtazz said:

I already traded a bike for this one - so I'm kind of stuck.

Robbie O is selling his with less than 200km on it - guessing he didn't like it, and it's the same colour I want - white.

Dualsport Plus is a parts vendor, are they selling a used one?

It has 0 kilometres on it.

On 6/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, Tazmool said:

I find it baffling that yamaha would go this weird resistor route, just like their bizzare choice with the oem heated hand-grips. 

Their led blinkers should have also been designed to be a plug-n-play affair and came with a led relay.

My guess is that whomever was the accessories designer, did not have the knowledge, time, or did not care?

Tazmool

I fully agree to this. Same challenge my dealer is facing now as the Rally Edition comes to Norway with the "globe" old blinkers. The dealers has to install the LED blinkers which is standard equipment on the Rally Edition. 

Brought my bike for the run in service today and expected a 2-3 hours wait including the service and replacement of the blinkers but they have struggled the whole day now on soldering resistors into cables and expect to be ready to deliver the bike back to me tomorrow. 

It does not make me very happy knowing they have to do all this to a brand new bike. Hopefully they have the right skills to do such a job properly, time will show. Anyway a big minus in the book. 

On 7/24/2020 at 10:53 AM, Limey said:

That black one, is bought by Outback Mototek and sold a while back apparently. 

VOS Motors in Vaughan, where I got mine, said they are getting a shipment of some to sell on the floor very soon in a few colors, anyone interested, I'd give them a call

• Premium Member

I would get them to install an LED turn signal relay into the bike, its a 5 minute job and completely eliminates the need for the BS resistors and extra wiring, complexity and weight.  The relays are cheap too. 

I already got a led relay installed in my bike, and led turns signals are on, working perfectly fine, no resistors etc.

Tazmool

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

VOS Motors in Vaughan, where I got mine, said they are getting a shipment of some to sell on the floor very soon in a few colors, anyone interested, I'd give them a call

Nope , it was a customer’s 

On 7/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

You are right it was bought by Outback Mototek and it’s still for sale.