Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Ténéré 700 10k series

FAR&FURTHER

1 hour ago, FAR&FURTHER said:

Hello everyone,

I'm putting together series of YouTube videos about my T7 after 10 000km. I've ridden the T7 from Czech Republi to Morocco where I'm now stuck in lockdown. I hope I'll be able to start moving again towards the South Africa, fingers crossed!

I'd like to put together series of videos from the point of view of longdistance/longterm travel. I've done UK to India and back on CB500X over 14 months and I hope T7 will take me around Africa.

First 4 episodes in the series are on-line on my YouTube channel.

1. Yamaha Ténéré 700 10k: Intro

2. Yamaha Ténéré 700 10k: Damage & Rust

3. Yamaha Ténéré 700 10k: OutEx tubeless

4. Yamaha Ténéré 700 10k: Honda CB500X vs Ténéré 700 - why did I upgrade?

Cheers

Pavel

---

https://farandfurther.org

https://instagram.com/farandfurther

https://facebook.com/farandfurther

Thanks for sharing the vids. We do hope that you also come back and post with us once in a while. 

• Premium Member

Hi Cruizin, yes of course. I'm, having T7 for not that long, I hope I can give back to the community, I'll keep updating this topic with new episodes and will follow the forum to see what's going on and how to help.

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

• Premium Member

Hello, new episode about the Dead headlight saga is on-line, I've edited the original post.

I'd like to thank everyone who took their time in the Dead headlight thread.

• Like 2

I have now done 10K on my T7. So far so good, sad to hear about your headlight. Only issue I have had so far is corrosion on spokes but getting stainless steel replacements (which I brought) fitted by dealer.  Thanks for your vids and insta very good to watch and keep updated with your adventures.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dibles said:

I have now done 10K on my T7. So far so good, sad to hear about your headlight. Only issue I have had so far is corrosion on spokes but getting stainless steel replacements (which I brought) fitted by dealer.  Thanks for your vids and insta very good to watch and keep updated with your adventures.

Hi @Dibles, thanks for kind words, I'm glad videos are useful. Yes the T7 is holding up very well I think despite the abuse I'm putting it through. I think the Headlight is just one off... or it will be design flaw and get recalled.

• Premium Member
On 5/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, Dibles said:

Are you just changing the spokes or rims as well?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've published another episode in 10k series, the followup on the Dead headlight. It seems tapping it or vibration turns the light on and off. I think this is conclusion that the electrical system is fine, it's just some kind of cold solder or wire inside the headlight unit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FAR&FURTHER said:

Are you just changing the spokes or rims as well?

I will be replacing and providing the new stainless spokes and Yamaha are providing and replacing the new rims. Hubs are fine so using the current ones. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hello everyone, I've published summary of the Problems & Solutions I have with the T7. Overall they're pretty much details in my opinion apart from the Exhaust which will very soon eat my swingarm.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hello, so lockdown in Morocco continues which means time for another episode 🙂🤦‍♂️ I've gone through all my modifications this time focusing more on what issues I have or what I would change instead how great everything is. Don't take me wrong I like all stuff I have but, that's not important information as we all know 😉

As this is long episode, look at the description on YouTube and you will find quick links to each of the accessory/mod.

• Like 4

Relly good review you have done.

I am big followers of your channel. 

Enjoy this ride summer 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@Cuecumber thanks, glad it was helpful. Well if Morocco ever ends lockdown... there will maybe be summer ride. Hehe

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@FARANDFURTHER Hiya Pavel, regarding your Outex tubeless kit installation - did you grind the spoke nipples down as suggested in the Outex installation instructions? They are quite protruding. Just wondering if necessary or not with the Tenere installation. I have the kit but wanted to check how your did yours. Thanks.

Edited by TimG

Making James May look quick!

Been following your videos since the first one and have enjoyed them. Well done I’ve found. Thanks

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:57 PM, TimG said:

@FARANDFURTHER Hiya Pavel, regarding your Outex tubeless kit installation - did you grind the spoke nipples down as suggested in the Outex installation instructions? They are quite protruding. Just wondering if necessary or not with the Tenere installation. I have the kit but wanted to check how your did yours. Thanks.

I’m about to do mine and  would like to know if @FAR&FURTHER ground the spoke nipples.

• Premium Member

@Limey I did not grind them and so far it holds very well, I had already 2 punctures in the front and there is tiny one in the rear which I can't be bothered plugging.

I've installed the kit on both wheels as they are, the front is a bit problematic as it's the U rim not the flat one like in the rear. I used spoon & tire lever end to make the sealing tape bend in in place and very patiently applied it around the front.

Take time, the tape won't "dry" but once it sticks... its there so it's difficult to correct general direction, keep an eye on how straight you're.

Pavel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAR&FURTHER said:

@Limey I did not grind them and so far it holds very well, I had already 2 punctures in the front and there is tiny one in the rear which I can't be bothered plugging.

I've installed the kit on both wheels as they are, the front is a bit problematic as it's the U rim not the flat one like in the rear. I used spoon & tire lever end to make the sealing tape bend in in place and very patiently applied it around the front.

Take time, the tape won't "dry" but once it sticks... its there so it's difficult to correct general direction, keep an eye on how straight you're.

Pavel

Thanks for the quick reply Pavel. 

5 hours ago, FAR&FURTHER said:

@TimG I've replied to your DM, sorry for the delay.

@Adrenolin Thanks, glad the videos are useful!

Thanks Pavel 🙂

PS I enjoy your T7 videos 🙂 

On 6/16/2020 at 8:26 AM, FAR&FURTHER said:

@TimG I've replied to your DM, sorry for the delay.

@Adrenolin Thanks, glad the videos are useful!

So OK I did the Outex tubeless kit install over the last few days. In the end I did grind the spoke nipples. The nipples do sit rather proud inside the rim and due to the angles one side of the nipples protrudes higher. I used an angle grinder with a new disc and using the edge of the disc I carefully ground down the higher side. Then gave each nipple a grind with a Dremmel for a finer finish. Vacuumed and blown out the rims then cleaned with parts cleaner and acetone before fitting the Outex kit. Seems to have worked out OK - the tyres are still up at the same pressure 🙂 anyway. Cheers.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Perfect! Happy it worked, hope you didn't forget to put the "nipple protectors"! That would be unfortunate (as people who installed mine rear wheel did! grrr).