Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I bought a Camel ADV Tail Tidy, the best!

Cruizin

I have done the free modification the same as @Mr.motarded.

Easy to do, just needed a heatgun to change the angle of the numberplate.

$20 for LED indicators and $35 for a new LED flasher relay.

1938496718_t7coona.thumb.jpg.c863ccdff71c99983254bbc4b5ab06c7.jpg126316750_t7tail.thumb.jpg.a21f8d4400d4d5a6f215315e7dfef510.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Disco said:

1938496718_t7coona.thumb.jpg.c863ccdff71c99983254bbc4b5ab06c7.jpg126316750_t7tail.thumb.jpg.a21f8d4400d4d5a6f215315e7dfef510.jpg

Looks like your running the same taillights as me too. 

I went with Camel ADV Tail Tidy + Euro Spec Yamaha 'Blinkers Plus' LED front indicators w/DRL & rear indicators w/ running & brake light.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

I went with Camel ADV Tail Tidy + Euro Spec Yamaha 'Blinkers Plus' LED front indicators w/DRL & rear indicators w/ running & brake light.

RedHorse:

Can you post a picture of the front and rear of the bike showing the tail tidy with rear blinkers and the front blinkers?

I think I'd like to go with the same parts selection as you.

Greg

2 hours ago, gtimko1012 said:

RedHorse:

Can you post a picture of the front and rear of the bike showing the tail tidy with rear blinkers and the front blinkers?

I think I'd like to go with the same parts selection as you.

Greg

Not my T7 it belongs to Hammerhead on the previous page,  but here is the Camel ADV Tail tidy and the rear Yamaha Blinker Plus LEDs

inbound5903486935216503513.thumb.jpg.013

• Like 1

Decided to go with the one that allows more shining ... 🙂 ... 

image.png.a10d049527f7c0ed8536e5dbc23a89a2.png

$184.77 CAD including shipping. ... maybe extra cost/duty taxes ... we'll see ... 

I really wanted to put a cheap Rubbermaid hacked and bent lid but I just could not ... I would have chosen the Camel one, but this one seems better.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 7/1/2020 at 10:24 PM, Disco said:

@Disco

Nice work on the custom rear rack. Can you share tubing size and wall thickness for wannabee fabricators?

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

6 hours ago, CAJW said:

@Disco

Nice work on the custom rear rack. Can you share tubing size and wall thickness for wannabee fabricators?

ditto on the rear rack!

that looks clean!

@CAJW   @TimmyTheHog The tube is 20mm OD and has a wall thickness of 2mm.

I bought a cheap bender from Ebay which worked OK.

The main reason for the rack was to keep the Endurastan bags away from the panels, and somewhere to tie to.

cheers, Disco 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 11:51 AM, MGG said:

Decided to go with the one that allows more shining ... 🙂 ... 

image.png.a10d049527f7c0ed8536e5dbc23a89a2.png

$184.77 CAD including shipping. ... maybe extra cost/duty taxes ... we'll see ... 

I really wanted to put a cheap Rubbermaid hacked and bent lid but I just could not ... I would have chosen the Camel one, but this one seems better.

This BBoffroad tail tidy has a nice look/finish and is much prettier than a simple metal bracket. The turn signals are a bit too close to the bracket in my opinion, but I am told that not of the customers had issues with this.

In the end however it was a bad choice for me since it does not work with my Heed tail crash bars that I like. I could modify it but I am not very happy hacking away at a 150$ bracket.

I would have sold it locally but it may be too much trouble so I will probably return it.

I will probably be getting a CamelADV one if the underside is easier to keep my Heed tail crash bars.

Anyone has some pictures of the attachement points of the Camel tail tidy ?

Edit: ... finally decided to keep my B&Boffroad one ... and made it fit with Heed crashbar. ... I wish I have gotten the Camel's one it would have saved me a lot of tinkering. ... Next time ... next time. 🙂

No photo description available.

Edited by MGG
added info ...

• 6 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 8:48 PM, Lupan said:

I have the T7 Rally, and it's very solid, it's easy to fit and the less expensive... For the ones who have small licences, can cut it also...

I think for the price it's value for money...

And it have a place to fit the reflector with my license plate...

IMG_20200426_231032.jpg

IMG_20200426_231011.jpg

I like the look of this but will it pass an mot? Angle of plate and rear reflector 

Abaut the angle, you can bend it with your hand... When you say mot, it's an inspection? 

Pics with the reflector.

Look out with the racks for hard lugagge ou soft, it wont fit with the most of them...

IMG_20200621_193454~2.jpg

IMG_20210220_181335~2.jpg

IMG_20200825_192138.jpg

Edited by Lupan

On 6/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

T7 rally on mine and you retain the plastic handles...very good quality and value for money... I'm please with mine 

20200605153134_IMG_0097.jpg

Have any problems with mot? 
I like the look of it 

• Like 1

Just now, David Adams said:

Have any problems with mot? 
I like the look of it 

I don't need to Mot the bike for 3 years... Why would there be a problem..? 

Aleks 

7 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I don't need to Mot the bike for 3 years... Why would there be a problem..? 

Aleks 

Possible angle of no. Plate 

easy to retro fit reflector I guess 

I’m probably going to buy 1 

as it’s the only 1 which keeps the plastic under neath 

bikes looking good ! 

Dave 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:06 PM, Hammerhead said:

Fitted the Camel tail because; a) local for me,  b) reasonably priced for a solid piece I'm confident won't rattle off over the long haul, c) still extends the plate far enough to preserve some fender action. 

I did add my own slightly extended bit of plastic below it to keep muck off the wires, signals & my back. Enough to mount the stock red reflector below the plate.

All style points go out the window for me once your tail's cut so short you're catching spray off the rear wheel. 

inbound5903486935216503513.jpg

Did you not find it left gaping. Holes underneath ? 
I didn’t install mine due to this reason. Any water ingress from spray? 
  Just curious it seems the best way is keeping the plastic underneath 

2 hours ago, David Adams said:

Did you not find it left gaping. Holes underneath ? 
I didn’t install mine due to this reason. Any water ingress from spray? 
  Just curious it seems the best way is keeping the plastic underneath 

Did exactly that, cut the stock plastics to retain as much of it as possible then fit it over the camel piece. Combined with the added plastic as mentioned under it to cover the wiring & very little mess gets past the point pictured here. 

2D1A8E96-3250-4746-8433-7CA3B29E8F03.jpeg

6 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Did exactly that, cut the stock plastics to retain as much of it as possible then fit it over the camel piece. Combined with the added plastic as mentioned under it to cover the wiring & very little mess gets past the point pictured here. 

2D1A8E96-3250-4746-8433-7CA3B29E8F03.jpeg

Ahhh you fit it over the top 

ok I might give that a go 

cheers 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Personal experience sharing:

I first bought a copy of R&G tail tidy on alixpress! It was made of steel so quite heavy. Trying to install it on the bike, it fitted not very well: leaving a play with the main plastic structure and once install and "properly" fit, from upside you can easily see the rear tyre! If you can see it, I do not have to explain what the mud will do! A rear frame full of mud, no thank you! 

I can not speak about the original one but this copy wich look like the original was poorly engineered!

So I decided to go with the T7 rally one and I am very please with it! You keep the original sub frame pieces of plastic and steel for mud protection, proper installation. the tidy tail is made of alloy so it is lighter. It matches good my panniers rack. The price is OK and you get a good video to explain how to do! Maybe the guy at T7 rally is not the most customers dedicated of the world but he produces good quality, well made, thought stuff! Plus it is a small structure so big up to him!

Enjoy the ride,

Eric

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

• Like 1

I went with the Camel tail tidy. Great fit, strong and well designed. I used builders heavy flashing tape, to cover the holes and keep mud from coming up through.  It has very aggressive adhesive should last quite a while. I may shape a piece of plastic to protect the wires. 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 12:56 AM, MGG said:

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but you do know that police started giving tickets to bicycles for not having reflectors.

I think I may order Camel's tail tidy and find another way to put reflectors on, maybe even the existing licence plate bracket that includes those huge red reflectors. Decisions, decisions. 

Reflectors where a pice of cake. Extended under the plate for a little more mud protection 

4A2E26CE-DE22-4C18-9C43-5A54FB45B5ED.jpeg

Edited by Richarddd
Fixed photo

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:59 AM, MGG said:

I am looking at available options, but none of them have planned for the possibility of mounting side reflectors which are mandatory in Canada, and in some cases there is not enough room for the rear reflector.

Seems a bit expensive for bent metal. I guess I will have to look at some DIY designs and adapt.

Here are the compiled options I found (with links)

PowerBronze

Camel-ADV

Adventure-Spec

T7-Rally

B&Boffroad

R&G

Best option for now seems to be the B&Boffroad since it protects the wires and you can have it polished or painted 🙂 

I do like the @Camel ADV one since it seems simple and solid. If only Corey would add some bent metal for the side reflectors and either make it longer for the rear reflector or find a way to mount it up high over the plate light it would be best.

Side reflectors? I threw mine away the day I brought it home.