Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Gut Guard-Skid Plate $329

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the kind words guys. I love what I do and I'm glad you are happy with the products you are getting!

Group buys are a no go for me, unfortunately. Dealers purchase $XXXX a year to qualify for XX% discount. They buy in bulk and hold stock. If we do group buys at XX% discount direct to customers, our dealer get quite unhappy.

We will have a T7 bundle that is discounted. I'm not sure what parts will be in it or what the discount will be just yet though.

• Like 6

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Any word on Outback Motortek crash guard compatibility?    

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I love what I do and I'm glad you are happy with the products you are getting!

Group buys are a no go for me, unfortunately. Dealers purchase $XXXX a year to qualify for XX% discount. They buy in bulk and hold stock. If we do group buys at XX% discount direct to customers, our dealer get quite unhappy.

We will have a T7 bundle that is discounted. I'm not sure what parts will be in it or what the discount will be just yet though.

@Camel ADV  A bundle package would be great!  Totally understand not wanting to undercut your dealers. That's business 101.

Hopefully you can announce the bundle fairly soon.  Thanks for doing what you can.!

Edited by scridercoach

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! @Camel ADV,how many bolts to remove this skid plate for oil changes?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Brooksy said:

Hello! @Camel ADV,how many bolts to remove this skid plate for oil changes?

Thanks in advance.

Six. The four factory skidplate bolts plus the 2 in our extra rear mount. I'm sure other brands are using just the 4 factory locations which makes removing the plate easier but also sacrifices overall strength. 

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

Link to the install video (it's also in the first post).

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor

I'm very happy to announce/confirm that the Gut Guard IS compatible with the Yamaha center stand!IMG_4429.thumb.JPG.7c15fde84f21acd20b071818533f538f.JPGIMG_4432.thumb.JPG.1e23d39ad312342e2cf8d7a88b1fe66a.JPG

• Like 5

I had pretty much decided that the Gut Guard is my skidplate of choice.  Watching install video and getting to really see up close the fitment and the linkage protection has just solidified the choice.  It's also great to know that if I do decide to go with the OEM center stand, there's no issue.

Great job @Camel ADV!

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, scridercoach said:

I had pretty much decided that the Gut Guard is my skidplate of choice.  Watching install video and getting to really see up close the fitment and the linkage protection has just solidified the choice.  It's also great to know that if I do decide to go with the OEM center stand, there's no issue.

Great job @Camel ADV!

We'll be posting other center stands that are compatible as that information is available.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone installed an aftermarket center stand with this? Considering SW Motech and H&B specifically.  cc @Camel ADV

Edited by rattler

• 3 weeks later...

@Camel ADV , or anyone else that has the Gut Guard, any ideas on crash bar compatibility? Definitely getting your (this) plate, but now I'm trying to find crash bars that are compatible with it. Anyone know if anything but the Yamaha bars will work?

I'm looking at Outback Motortek and/or Touratech bars, specifically. Worst case scenario, I'll order a set and just hope, and then return the bars if need be. 

• Supporting Vendor
16 hours ago, med.jeeves said:

@Camel ADV , or anyone else that has the Gut Guard, any ideas on crash bar compatibility? Definitely getting your (this) plate, but now I'm trying to find crash bars that are compatible with it. Anyone know if anything but the Yamaha bars will work?

I'm looking at Outback Motortek and/or Touratech bars, specifically. Worst case scenario, I'll order a set and just hope, and then return the bars if need be. 

The only ones that I've seen that I expect won't fit are the Touratech lowers. They might clear but they'd be very close.

• Supporting Vendor

I need your help! If you have our skid plate and another brand's crash bars, please post up and let me know if brand XX bars fit (or don't)! As much as I'd like to purchase all the brands of bars so I can test them myself, it's simply not practical, especially with many of the brands being overseas and several of them being chronically back-ordered.

I'll start a "What fits and what hits" list in the original post once I get some intel.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 5

I installed the Camel skid plate today and it went on smoothly, great looking protection. I can’t figure out how to change the oil with the plate on though....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/8/2020 at 11:08 PM, Chip said:

I installed the Camel skid plate today and it went on smoothly, great looking protection. I can’t figure out how to change the oil with the plate on though....

That would be sloppy mess!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor

An update on compatible crash bars:

Confirmed fit with the following:

-SW Motech

-Heed Bunker 

-OutBack Motortek 

-OEM Yamaha.

May be compatible with other brands as well, we have not been able to test them all at this time.

• Like 1

Does this Gut Guard work? Yes. Am I a talented rider? No. Givi crash bars are compatible. Thanks for a great product @Camel ADV . 79450918-7FDE-4017-B42C-9BD4F06F936B.thumb.jpeg.15e2c494bda8acf6f35af7a0ce1f7d77.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I put one on my T-7. It does work with the OEM center stand. If you put the Gut Guard on before the center stand you want have a problem. Installing with the center stand already installed the top sleeved bolt of the rear mount will not clear the left center stand mount and from the right and will not clear the exhaust pipe. I had to go with two smaller bolts, M10-1.50X20mm with M10-1.50 nuts. Also to get the smaller bolts in required putting them in left to right, the right side first and then the left side.

I do plan to replace the M10-1.50 nuts with nylock nuts. 

20200824_192218 (2).jpg

Edited by deovindice

• Supporting Vendor
16 hours ago, deovindice said:

I put one on my T-7. It does work with the OEM center stand. If you put the Gut Guard on before the center stand you want have a problem. Installing with the center stand already installed the top sleeved bolt of the rear mount will not clear the left center stand mount and from the right and will not clear the exhaust pipe. I had to go with two smaller bolts, M10-1.50X20mm with M10-1.50 nuts. Also to get the smaller bolts in required putting them in left to right, the right side first and then the left side.

I do plan to replace the M10-1.50 nuts with nylock nuts. 

20200824_192218 (2).jpg

Can you post a photo of the problem area?

We have installed OEM center stands with our Gut Guards and did not have to change  fasteners to make it happen.

IMG_4433.jpeg

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4429.jpeg

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4431.jpeg

IMG_4432.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

At the 4.14 minute mark of your install video the long 10mm bolt that goes through the suspension linkage is too long and is blocked by the left side mount of center stand (in you video the center stand is not installed and the center stand mounting bracket is not present).  In addition if you were to try to put the same bolt in from the left side the exhaust pipe blocks the bolt from going into the mounting location.  The only way anyone could use the supplied bolt and sleeve provided with the Gut Guard would be to install the rear mount with the provided bolt then install the center stand and then the gut guard.  This would become apparent if someone tried to remove the provided rear mount bolt from a bike with an installed Yamaha center stand.  I hope that helps, if not I can take pics next time I do an oil change. 

Edited by deovindice

I posted some photos.. .as I had the centerstand installed prior to the Gut Guard install.

4 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Can you post a photo of the problem area?

We have installed OEM center stands with our Gut Guards and did not have to change  fasteners to make it happen.

• Supporting Vendor
10 hours ago, EmptyM said:

I posted some photos.. .as I had the centerstand installed prior to the Gut Guard install.

That makes more sense. The order of operations would make a difference for sure. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I'm happy to report the Gut Guard is compatible with the SW Motech and Hepco Becker centerstands!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1