Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best biking roads and places to visit around Europe !

Aleksandar13

On 5/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, X Plane said:

The boat is a Huge saving on fuel and time through boring France and there s the saving of stop overs in France. 

PS @Rich TT No bother. Thanks Rich

Plenty of brilliant roads to ride to the Pyrenees through France. It has everything. Just depends how much time you have. If you’re limited, the boat is the better option. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doogle said:

Plenty of brilliant roads to ride to the Pyrenees through France. It has everything. Just depends how much time you have. If you’re limited, the boat is the better option. 

Interesting... Could you share some routes to get to the Pyrenees through France.. Avoiding motorways for the most part if possible. 

Aleks 

Some more reasons to visit Ireland!!   Cheers,  Steve 

20180611_135903.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Escape said:

Some more reasons to visit Ireland!!   Cheers,  Steve 

20180611_135903.jpg

This gets better and better... Could be on my to do list this year if possible due to the current circumstances. 

What would be the best places you recommend for Ireland? 

I'll start planing a route tomorrow using myroute app. 

Aleks 

16 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Interesting... Could you share some routes to get to the Pyrenees through France.. Avoiding motorways for the most part if possible. 

Aleks 

This is a good start, from experience I prefer the route they offer to the eastern Pyrenees, but we went down using the Western route and came up the eastern. I’d use these as a guide and then add in any other roads/places I wanted to visit. 

Motorcycle+touring+in+the+Gorge+de+Galau

The land of spectacular gorges, majestic passes and mystical castles

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doogle said:

This is a good start, from experience I prefer the route they offer to the eastern Pyrenees, but we went down using the Western route and came up the eastern. I’d use these as a guide and then add in any other roads/places I wanted to visit. 

Motorcycle+touring+in+the+Gorge+de+Galau

The land of spectacular gorges, majestic passes and mystical castles

Fantastic... I'll grab a cup of coffee get my laptop and start making a route... 

Thank you 👍

22 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

This gets better and better... Could be on my to do list this year if possible due to the current circumstances. 

What would be the best places you recommend for Ireland? 

I'll start planing a route tomorrow using myroute app. 

Aleks 

I usually get the Ferry from Pembroke Dock to Rosslare,  stay just outside Rosslare overnight and spend the next day following the coast westward to Skibereen in West Cork.  If time is limited you can blast west on the main road in 4 or 5 hours...I prefer to 'hug' the coast and take little ferries across estuaries....all part of the adventure! If you base yourself in  Skibereen,  or Bantry  there are some brilliant  places to ride and explore ..the Healy pass,  Priest's leap, Beara Peninsula,  Mizen head... Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 2:49 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you for letting us know... If you have pictures please post them 👍📸😉

here they are !IMG_20170903_1304246-panorama_00001.thumb.jpg.8798012f6a34eb74557fd67c85144d47.jpg

IMG_20170903_1302486_00001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Aarslikkerdanny said:

Pyrenees

IMG_6315.JPG

Got my trip  to the Pyrenees all booked up again for last week in September. Can't wait!

• Like 3

Hi, 

what about the "Route des Grandes Alpes"?

No off-road but beautiful passes and landscapes, a lot of historic sites and routes from the southern part of Switzerland to the mediterranian sea. 

or 

Discover Route des Grandes Alpes, a mythical route from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean Sea. Go cycling on the most famous mountain passes of the French Alps.

Have an nice weekend

Olli

Edited by Alpenschrauber
  • Like 2

My favourite is the Picos and head to brabanca then down to Portugal. Especially where they filmed the good bad and the ugly at sad him cemetery! Awesome off .roading 

9DB9DFAB-DFD9-4F64-9420-CD28531C7BA3.jpeg

4F238E20-4FAD-4A45-AD70-0515536A76E5.jpeg

CE597C14-472A-4432-AE03-1961B1A86300.jpeg

Edited by Matth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did section 6-5 which took 4 days on a GS and can be challenging with a large bike, next year the ACT will be attempted on the T7

43 minutes ago, Matth said:

Did section 6-5 which took 4 days on a GS and can be challenging with a large bike, next year the ACT will be attempted on the T7

Where's section 6 - 5 and also brabanca as I can't find it please?

I'm off to Bilbao in September and toying with going to the Picos de Europa this year. If there are off road sections there like the Pyrenees, that would be great.

Thanks

Rich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aarslikkerdanny said:

Lake District

Snapseed (19).jpg

Beautiful picture... I was toying with the idea of heading out on a weekend... As I am not going to a Europe this year. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpenschrauber said:

Hi, 

what about the "Route des Grandes Alpes"?

No off-road but beautiful passes and landscapes, a lot of historic sites and routes from the southern part of Switzerland to the mediterranian sea. 

or 

Discover Route des Grandes Alpes, a mythical route from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean Sea. Go cycling on the most famous mountain passes of the French Alps.

Have an nice weekend

Olli

This is on the bucket list... List is long but the alps are in top 3 things I want to visit on two wheels. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

Hi Rich

the Picos is a national park HOWEVER there are two fabulous tracks that take u very high up then from there head to Brabanca from the start of the TET also ACT, you can download each secion from the interweb into a GPX file  

A835E433-054D-4982-B801-24E4B46384EA.png

Edited by Matth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Matth said:

Hi Rich

the Picos is a national park HOWEVER there are two fabulous tracks that take u very high up then from there head to Brabanca from the start of the TET also ACT, you can download each secion from the interweb into a GPX file  

A835E433-054D-4982-B801-24E4B46384EA.png

Awesome Matt and thanks. Just what I'm after. I'm likely going to stay at Llanes on the coast and go out from there each day. I joined wikiloc last year and it was brilliant to follow the routes in the Pyrenees on my phone. Worked superb. There looks to be plenty of off road routes outside of the national park, which is good.

Thanks again.

Rich

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Matth said:

Truly loved the fantasic Picos on the MT-10.

Now so Tempted to go with the T7 😁

• Like 2

Thanks...those routes are epic!. I WILL ride them one day!!  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

Some of these are great ideas! Thanks!

Anyone know the current covid status with continental riding?
About to do 3 weeks in Portugal. Going to ride Calais to Faro. The only thing i'm concerned with is self isolation and other stupidity.

It's my first road trip over here, and it's really just a run to get used to the bike. But also to gauge how long it takes at my normal pace which tends to go off in unplanned tangents.

TET, many have said don't do it alone, it would be great to hear from some who have done it alone. Particularly some sections that are indeed manageable solo. I got myself into some trouble before, it was a great experience, but on a bike this heavy i'd have to adjust my expectations.

• Like 1