Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canada Tenere 700

Lepage120

Ive called a bunch of dealers in BC and Alberta

& they have extra bikes for sale.

So pre order or not, Yamaha seems to be getting a bunch of bikes to specific (probably bigger) dealers.

We are remote, though both local (within 500km) dealers ordered 10 bikes, 9 at each were pre-ordered!

neither have got notification or stock. Simply told late June

5 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Got my VIN#, realistically should be plated and on the road in a week. 

When did you order? I ordered November 13 th from Blackstock moto sports.

I saw a total of 6 more T7’s in crate being delivered to dealer in Langley BC today. 

632745C6-6EB9-48BF-A0D6-B1174A4ADA17.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, close range said:

I saw a total of 6 more T7’s in crate being delivered to dealer in Langley BC today. 

632745C6-6EB9-48BF-A0D6-B1174A4ADA17.jpeg

Dang that place is Langley has been handing out a few of them. Lucky folks down there!

8 hours ago, H20ham said:

Ive called a bunch of dealers in BC and Alberta

& they have extra bikes for sale.

So pre order or not, Yamaha seems to be getting a bunch of bikes to specific (probably bigger) dealers.

We are remote, though both local (within 500km) dealers ordered 10 bikes, 9 at each were pre-ordered!

neither have got notification or stock. Simply told late June

Thats crazy, not fair to people who have to wait around the country, or even US for that matter. To just have these bikes for walk in so early, makes EDP questionable. 

• Thanks 1

Im going to pick my T7 tomorrow 

Its ready to go....

I hope you all get yours real soon 

IMG_1933.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Hey, T7's in Ontario at dealers!  Thats good news!

I've still got nothing from my dealer, however I did get an e-mail from Yamaha Canada asking me to take photos of my new T7? (essentially the same flyer that was included in the edp bundle that I got last week, just an electronic copy) 

Hoping to hear something soon.

Tazmool

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Thats crazy, not fair to people who have to wait around the country, or even US for that matter. To just have these bikes for walk in so early, makes EDP questionable. 

Probably more frustrating. Is I could have gone to any of these dealers and purchased one.

Red, Blue, or Black.

So  Mr and Ms YamSlaw. Give bikes for dealers. But not to pre order people. You will have a nasty letter, with no praise for your inept business decision.

Picking mine up at 3:00pm today. I also recieved my free Shad Zulupack yesterday in the mail.

Go Clock!!

• Moderators

Sorry @Limey I didn't catch this message initially. I ordered mid October, and only found out because I have been hounding my dealership for info all along the way. Hopefully your bike is in the province as well at this point. I read on one of these posts that someone in the province had crickets coming from their dealer, but was able to contact Yamaha corporate directly to confirm indeed theirs was included in the initial allotment and would be delivered within a week or two.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

Picking mine up at 3:00pm today. I also recieved my free Shad Zulupack yesterday in the mail.

Go Clock!!

Drumroll.................................

1 hour ago, tenerecanada said:

Sorry @Limey I didn't catch this message initially. I ordered mid October, and only found out because I have been hounding my dealership for info all along the way. Hopefully your bike is in the province as well at this point. I read on one of these posts that someone in the province had crickets coming from their dealer, but was able to contact Yamaha corporate directly to confirm indeed theirs was included in the initial allotment and would be delivered within a week or two.

NP. Dealership called today with my vin # so I’m guessing something next week.

• Like 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Limey said:

NP. Dealership called today with my vin # so I’m guessing something next week.

There's the good news I wanted to hear! Let me know if you start heading North East, I will gladly join you for a break-in cruise.

• Like 1

I wonder if the bikes now available without pre-order are due to those who lost jobs and had to give up their $500 deposit. I'm curious how many people had to bail out of the purchase.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

You should get it this week, got a call and they are at the dealers 🙂

so, good news? did you pick yours up from VOS?

• Like 1

Also got my vin number this friday

so i hope this week i will be lucky for a little ride!

But is it me or all of the oem accessories are back ordered?

same thing for outback motortek 

what accessoires did you purchase in quebec Canada?

26 minutes ago, Tenerequebec said:

Also got my vin number this friday

so i hope this week i will be lucky for a little ride!

But is it me or all of the oem accessories are back ordered?

same thing for outback motortek 

what accessoires did you purchase in quebec Canada?

Some OEM stuff is, some is not I heard. Dealers should have ordered this stuff last year when Yamaha asked. Even mine just placed the order, so a lot are back ordered. 

The outback Motortek stuff from Dual sport Plus? The owner had a wave of orders last month, I believe he did say more should be coming in June.

cMQ6Dqx.jpg
I only got in 90 Km  today for my initial ride but man I am loving this bike.

The seat isn’t as bad as I had heard it was,  at least to my boney ass. Going to slap on some OM crashbars and skid plate and hit East Harrison tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

• Like 5

I posted in the other forum, but figured may as well update this one too. Got mine Friday at Apex in Cambridge, I met @Ashman there as he was picking his up too.

Just had a look and I am at 422 kms. Was out Friday around Kitchener, Guelph, Erin etc. Then up to Collingwood and Belfountain yesterday.  

This thing is crazy smooth and comfortable, feels like a highway capable 450 supermoto with a bit of wind protection. 

IMG-20200522-WA0006.jpg

IMG_20200522_161212.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Thanks for the update,

I'm looking forward to picking mine up, hopefully in the next few days.

Keep the info and photos coming!

Tazmool

13 hours ago, Ferguson said:

I posted in the other forum, but figured may as well update this one too. Got mine Friday at Apex in Cambridge, I met @Ashman there as he was picking his up too.

Just had a look and I am at 422 kms. Was out Friday around Kitchener, Guelph, Erin etc. Then up to Collingwood and Belfountain yesterday.  

This thing is crazy smooth and comfortable, feels like a highway capable 450 supermoto with a bit of wind protection. 

IMG-20200522-WA0006.jpg

IMG_20200522_161212.jpg

It was nice to meet you @Ferguson

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 10:13 PM, Ashman said:

Im going to pick my T7 tomorrow 

Its ready to go....

I hope you all get yours real soon 

IMG_1933.jpg

Beauty - picking mine up around 5pm today.  Need to get out for a ride with you and @Ferguson

cheers

-Bob