Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canada Tenere 700

Lepage120

Good morning all ,
I know the Tenere 700 have arrived in Canada (B-C) and some people have started to have them!
if anyone has seen the tenere 700 in other provinces let me know! thanks

Small world, i just met someone who works at Yamaha Motors HQ in Ontario and he told me the following:
The first batch of 400 T7's including EDP orders were ordered for production followed by another 500 T7's making a total of 900 T7's on order for Canada. Keep in mind this would include all EDP and post EDP bikes. He couldn't give me the exact breakdown.
He also confirmed that only 125 T7's came in the first shipment and that essentially those that received the welcome package (Shad Zulupack and letter from Yamaha) are getting theirs in the 1st batch. Note sure though if its 125 into Canada or Ontario alone. Although at the show earlier this year, i spoke to a senior guy at Yamaha who told me that 275 bikes were ordered for the EDP so I believe its 125 total 1st wave bikes in Canada.
He also confirmed that only one T7 made in to Toronto last week for the first T7 ordered in Toronto and that more of them should be arriving late next week from BC.
This is what i got from this friendly guy who has been working at Yamaha for the last 10 years.
This should offer some clarity, Good news for the first 125 orders, not so good for the rest. However, his parting words to me were that the rest will be coming later in June so its not too far off for the rest.
hang in there!
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:
This should offer some clarity, Good news for the first 125 orders, not so good for the rest. However, his parting words to me were that the rest will be coming later in June so its not too far off for the rest.
hang in there!

When the heck are us Yanks down below getting theirs? So stoked you folks are getting them. Post pics to help ease our waiting. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

im expecting my T7 this coming week i recieved the zulu pack 

i was told by my dealer it has left BC last week i figure 5 day trip from the west???

2 hours ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:
Small world, i just met someone who works at Yamaha Motors HQ in Ontario and he told me the following:
The first batch of 400 T7's including EDP orders were ordered for production followed by another 500 T7's making a total of 900 T7's on order for Canada. Keep in mind this would include all EDP and post EDP bikes. He couldn't give me the exact breakdown.
He also confirmed that only 125 T7's came in the first shipment and that essentially those that received the welcome package (Shad Zulupack and letter from Yamaha) are getting theirs in the 1st batch. Note sure though if its 125 into Canada or Ontario alone. Although at the show earlier this year, i spoke to a senior guy at Yamaha who told me that 275 bikes were ordered for the EDP so I believe its 125 total 1st wave bikes in Canada.
He also confirmed that only one T7 made in to Toronto last week for the first T7 ordered in Toronto and that more of them should be arriving late next week from BC.
This is what i got from this friendly guy who has been working at Yamaha for the last 10 years.
hang in there!

Thank you for this, finally some concrete info vs a lot of speculation 🙂

@Ashman Lets hope so, I think it also depends how quick dealers can put the bike together, paperwork, getting the plates through service Ontario etc... a lot are running on a skeleton staff now and have other things going on vs just waiting for the T7

Edited by ScorpionT16

Here in quebec Canada absolutely nothing from the dealer 

I ask him if he can tell me if I’m in the first batch! Can’t tell 

but....I receive the Zulu backpack this week with updated financing program so maybe it’s a good news!

seems good quality dry bag

All Yamaha oem accessories that I want are backorder except the lowering link that I receive Friday 

Maybe this week it’s the good week!

i put the deposit 1 month before the preorder (september), and ive been in contact with the dealer on a regular basis 

they are well aware that i wanted the bike yesterday LOL  also dropped my plates off to the dealer last week

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tenerequebec said:

Here in quebec Canada absolutely nothing from the dealer 

I ask him if he can tell me if I’m in the first batch! Can’t tell 

but....I receive the Zulu backpack this week with updated financing program so maybe it’s a good news!

seems good quality dry bag

All Yamaha oem accessories that I want are backorder except the lowering link that I receive Friday 

Maybe this week it’s the good week!

if you received the zulu pack you will get the bike real soon, im guessing 2 weeks tops

17 minutes ago, Ashman said:

i put the deposit 1 month before the preorder (september), and ive been in contact with the dealer on a regular basis 

they are well aware that i wanted the bike yesterday LOL  also dropped my plates off to the dealer last week

Smart thinking about the plates, I think i'll do that this week! 

1 hour ago, Ashman said:

I don't think it matters that you put the deposit down a month early, the preorder date still only takes effect the day the preordering began. The way I see it, my T7 will arrive when it arrives, not much I can do about it except hope for it to arrive sooner then later. Until that time, I have two other bikes to keep a smile on my face. :) 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 6:02 PM, RockRider said:

I don't think it matters that you put the deposit down a month early, the preorder date still only takes effect the day the preordering began. The way I see it, my T7 will arrive when it arrives, not much I can do about it except hope for it to arrive sooner then later. Until that time, I have two other bikes to keep a smile on my face. 🙂

Agreed, riders who placed a deposit after mine have already received theirs simply because of their location. However, as long as you are in the 1st batch and in order of the pre-order, I believe you should be getting yours, based only the numbers brought in. Had they brought in all the bikes, we wouldn't be having this conversation 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:

Agreed, riders who placed a deposit after mine have already received theirs simply because of their location. However, as long as you are in the 1st batch and in order of the pre-order, I believe you should be getting yours, based only the numbers brought in. Had they brought in all the bikes, we wouldn't be having this conversation 

You should get it this week, got a call and they are at the dealers 🙂

1 hour ago, ScorpionT16 said:

You should get it this week, got a call and they are at the dealers 🙂

Congrats, when are you picking up yours? and when did you put in the deposit?

Edited by Lyfe BehindBars
add

51 minutes ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:

Congrats, when are you picking up yours? and when did you put in the deposit?

Not sure when yet, he said they are short staffed and not even uncrated any yet (fingers crossed they even have a red/white one). Hoping for the end of this week, maybe next week depending on paperwork. I put the deposit down on Oct 5th, for a red/white one

7 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Not sure when yet, he said they are short staffed and not even uncrated any yet (fingers crossed they even have a red/white one). Hoping for the end of this week, maybe next week depending on paperwork. I put the deposit down on Oct 5th, for a red/white one

Thats good to know, understandably with the restrictions, its going to take longer to prep the bike, do all the paperwork, etc. you put the deposit down 3 days before me so thats good news for me too. i hate impatience, as much as i try to remain calm, there is a gnawing itch in my nerves constantly rattling my patience.

I have been waiting for this bike to come into canada since 1997 when i returned from Kenya where i had the range of XT600Z single Teneres. Ive always been a Yamaha guy when i have a choice, now there is one, the T7 is that choice and now I have to be patient, I guess after 23 years of waiting for a Tenere, i just have to hold on a few more days.

• Like 1

its weird the order these are rolling out ...

I paid for a blue bike Nov 7, people who paid later than I have their white bikes now.

My GM at the Dealership in BC I work for says that the bikes are rolling out in order of COLOR, and then by order of when you paid,, so My blue bike will be later than a white or black bike 😞 We really aren't sure what to believe anymore, ha ha. But, I did get a Zulupack today in the mail, so Hopefully it will be real soon..

20200516_160051.jpg

Edited by DoYouLikeItHere

1 minute ago, DoYouLikeItHere said:

its weird the order these are rolling out ...

I paid for a blue bike Nov 7, people who paid later than I have their white bikes now.

My GM at the Dealership in BC I work for says that the bikes are rolling out in order of COLOR, and then by order of when you paid,, so My blue bike will be later than a white or black bike 😞 We really aren't sure what to believe anymore, ha ha. But, I did get a Zulupack today in the mail, so Hopefully it will be real soon..

Yup, there seems to be order to the chaos. i have been assured that i will have mine soon, soon isnt coming fast enough, hang in there

If i get a heart attack, it will be the first heart attack caused by a lack of a Tenere

• Haha 2

Just now, Lyfe BehindBars said:

If i get a heart attack, it will be the first heart attack caused by a lack of a Tenere

No Poutine for You !!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:

I have been waiting for this bike to come into canada since 1997 when i returned from Kenya where i had the range of XT600Z single Teneres. Ive always been a Yamaha guy when i have a choice, now there is one, the T7 is that choice and now I have to be patient, I guess after 23 years of waiting for a Tenere, i just have to hold on a few more days.

You will have it soon! Will be my first Yamaha, so I don't even know what to really expect lol On the plus side, parks and trails are slowly opening up 🙂

I'm picking my Red and White (fastest colour) bike up on Monday.  Good luck everyone.

cheers

-Bob

• Like 2

• Moderators

Got my VIN#, realistically should be plated and on the road in a week. 

• Like 4

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Just now, tenerecanada said:

Got my VIN#, realistically should be plated and on the road in a week. 

Great news for you... Keep us posted 👍👏

• Like 1