Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

WEAR BRAKE PADS

Johax

On 1/6/2021 at 8:23 AM, victay said:

Two bikes, same mileage(14000km), same riding conditions (mix of road and gravel roads). Guess we have very different riding styles.

FB_IMG_1609899063319.jpg

FB_IMG_1609899058367.jpg

I see the second rider had a lot more fun checking the taste of every puddle or pond 😃

Judging by the rust everywhere

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, MCVL said:

I see the second rider had a lot more fun checking the taste of every puddle or pond 😃

Judging by the rust everywhere

Or the excessive heat generated by dragging the rear brake.  😉

I ordered the sintered HH pads today (Galfer brand, EBC was not available).  I'll provide feedback after a bit.

• 1 year later...

Up for my second set of rear brake pads at 15000km, I got 9000km from the OEM rears with almost no rotor wear but they weren't very good at their job of stopping, replaced with galfer sintered, 6000km shot to pieces quite a bit of rotor wear but somewhat better at stopping but not anything amazing over the OEM, I've got EBC sintered to put in next but thinking perhaps organic might have been a wiser choice, for the marginally better stopping power of sintered the fact that they don't seem to last and they stuff your rotors quick smart they don't seem worth it.

Front pads and rotors still original and plenty of life left.

Any recommendations on replacement rotors suitable for sintered pads??

Edited by Stevoh

• 10 months later...

I have similar experience. Stock rear pad gone within 5000 km, replacement already has 20k and looks like 30k is possible. 

But the front already has 25k. Great pads! I want those as rear pad too. 
According Tecnium (Danish brand)  the front and the rear have the same dimensions. 
- What did Yamaha use the front pads? Material, type, …?

- Is it possible to use the front pads as rear pads?