Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What helmet are you wearing lately?

Cruizin

I use the Scorpion AT950. Its super quiet and good on the hwy. Its my first modular i like that feature but still on the fence about the safety of it. I also use a icon variant wich has been a great helmet over the last 4 years. 

20191023_181919.jpg

• Like 2

I have a head that fits HJC and wear the IS Max 2 BT which is a modular helmet.  I am personally not a fan of dual sport helmets because I ride on the backroads a lot and don’t like the visor catching wind.  YMMV   At this point in my riding life, I doubt that I would own any helmet that is not modular.  Helmets are like shoes/consumables to me...wear one about two years max and throw it away.  I try to keep a few new ones in the closet.

7985418F-4E88-4664-AFDE-E687538A6B8D.jpeg

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 2

My first premium helmwt is klim krios pro and ı love it it is not silent normal because full caebon but it extreme lightweight and comf and super ventilation on the road....most important think for me lightness dont pay too much money for heavy premium class helmets 👍 you dont need carry stone while you ride this criticize for arai amd shoie because people dont deserve heavy helmet with this price range....IMG_20200522_211022_798.thumb.jpg.f3466c93cf4c8264e991116582779f2c.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, Rider 101 said:

I will be very interested to hear what you think of this helmet. I have an XD4 ( second time ) in orange and white. It is now close to 5 years old and time for retirement.

Please post up a review when you get your new helmet.

So, fortunatly my order arrived eheheh

So for now, without Ride with the Helmet, 4 positive points, holes for the speakers, sun visor, pinlock and cheap Helmet.

Plus, great looking Helmet, double D ring, and much Confort on the head...

Other plus, it have a mount for action cam's, you don't need to put the mount and less it always there, it's very easy to Change

And the price, for 239€... The Bell MX-9 don't have sun visor or place to the speakers and also no pinlock...

A pic

IMG-20200525-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20200525-WA0035.jpg

Edited by Lupan

5 minutes ago, Lupan said:

So for now, without Ride with the Helmet, 4 positive points, holes for the speakers, sun visor, pinlock and cheap Helmet.

And the price, for 239€... The Bell MX-9 don't have sun visor or place to the speakers and also no pinlock...

A pic

IMG-20200525-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20200525-WA0035.jpg

Bell MX9 Adventure actually has the Transitions shield option. I buy one for all of my Bell helmets. It automatically turns dark or clear when it detects UV rays.  Once you ride with one, you won't ever want to ride without it. No need for a sunshield. 

• Like 1

Ok, but for me the Helmet color counts to, i'm not saying this one is better than the MX-9 but for now it was the most racional choise i was able to do... For the price...

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1

Klim Krios.  Incredibly light.  Can wear it all day no head or neck issues.

image.png.c97f5c7308d5680182886c419b3e9e1d.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lupan said:

Other plus, it have a mount for action cam's, you don't need to put the mount and less it always there, it's very easy to Change

A pic

IMG-20200525-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20200525-WA0035.jpg

Thanks. They look good. Are you able to wear MX goggle with the visor up?

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

8 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Just ordered a new Bell MX 9 Adventure on sale from Revzilla. I have ridden Bell's for a long time, great helmets. 

bell_mx9_adventure_mips_helmet.jpg

The rider-acclaimed MX-9 Adventure dual sport helmet has been upgraded with MIPS technology for greater protection from angled impact at speed.

That helmet you linked to Cruizin, doesn't have the transitional shield. Is that the one you ordered, as you were talking about buying the DLX version before (with transitional shield). 

Edited by Whitey66

1 minute ago, Whitey66 said:

That helmet you linked to Cruizin, doesn't have the transitional shield. Is that the one you ordered, as you were talking about buying the DLX version before (with transitional shield). 

They didn't have the dlx in my size. So I bought this and got the Shield seperately

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

They didn't have the dlx in my size. So I bought this and got the Shield seperately

Oh, ok. I read in a review of this helmet that the transitional shield was about $100 on its own but only $30 extra if bought with the helmet?

Is this the case?

On 5/16/2020 at 4:59 PM, johnnygolucky said:

Easily the best helmet I've owned, for long distance. It has SOOOO many features. Incredibly versatile. Comes with mounts to put a quick release goggle strap on it for when riding offload. Couple that with the integrated blue tooth X-Com and it works great for calls and listening to music. 

x2!!! 👌 

Altough I use the external cardo unit to interchange with my other helmets...

5 hours ago, Cruizin said:

If they have your size

I've been considering this helmet, the normal version is $349 AU and the DLX is $489 AU over here so there's $140 difference.

The transitional shield on its own is $250 AU,  do you think you would end up using the clear shield at all after using the transitional shield? Does the transitional shield offer the same amount of vision at night as the clear one?

11 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Thanks. They look good. Are you able to wear MX goggle with the visor up?

Yes the Helmet is able to, you can take the shield off if you want

2 hours ago, Whitey66 said:

I've been considering this helmet, the normal version is $349 AU and the DLX is $489 AU over here so there's $140 difference.

The transitional shield on its own is $250 AU,  do you think you would end up using the clear shield at all after using the transitional shield? Does the transitional shield offer the same amount of vision at night as the clear one?

It goes competely clear when there are clouds out or at night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So other opinion of the Airoh Commander with almost 50 km with the Helmet.

No wind noise with the shield closed and listening music and/or speaking at phone...

The peak doesn't bother at least at 160 kmh, that's the report of today, but only abaut 3 km at 140 160 kmh... The sun visor works very well.

In my opinion for this price (the price i've payed) it's very hard to get anything similar, probably the Bell MX-9, but i was looking for a Helmet with pinlock, sun visor and graphics that matches with my bike...

And plus, i've bought this, the Helmet and the jacket at Moto Nardi,an Italian Store, realy professional, and the guy there Salvatore, a Sir... Really really good service, always speaking by WhatsApp, really glad with this store.

If you want search at the store,you can have the discount code express for us, that is

MOTOCLUB5, i don't know how much it is, but is something 😃

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, jetdr21 said:

KLIM Krios here.

How is the noise on highway speeds? And do you like the build quality?

Noise is average, but I wear earplugs, build quality is excellant. I have one of the First year,  the newer ones have much better venting.  There is a very good review on ADVrider.  It did seem to take longer than usual to break in.

I would definitely buy again if for the weight if nothing else.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lupan said:

So other opinion of the Airoh Commander with almost 50 km with the Helmet.

No wind noise with the shield closed and listening music and/or speaking at phone...

The peak doesn't bother at least at 160 kmh, that's the report of today, but only abaut 3 km at 140 160 kmh... The sun visor works very well.

In my opinion for this price (the price i've payed) it's very hard to get anything similar, probably the Bell MX-9, but i was looking for a Helmet with pinlock, sun visor and graphics that matches with my bike...

And plus, i've bought this, the Helmet and the jacket at Moto Nardi,an Italian Store, realy professional, and the guy there Salvatore, a Sir... Really really good service, always speaking by WhatsApp, really glad with this store.

If you want search at the store,you can have the discount code express for us, that is

MOTOCLUB5, i don't know how much it is, but is something 😃

I was just after an adventure helmet which has low wind noise and a sun visor. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On my second XD4, the 1st one went the full 5 year/50,000 miles 😏 Most comfortable helmet I’ve owned. Will get the XD5 when it eventually comes out😁

AE9B9DBB-F88A-4123-A5C8-3F3725155329.jpeg

• Like 2

Have 2 Arai XD4 helmets, both with the light tinted shield. My 9yo son wears an Arai VX-Pro4. All 3 have Sena 20S comms, ProShot chin mounts and RydeWear quick release chin latch. 

DF072695-B399-403B-A881-0BD4102DF118.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Scorpion at950 is my go to helmet. 
I also have the Bell it’s great too. 

• Like 2

I like the KLIM  Krios..  It has the added bonus of being able to run without the bill as a street helmet.  It comes with covers for where the shield attaches without the bill.