Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What helmet are you wearing lately?

Cruizin

I just bought a 2017 Bell Qualifier DLX, new and discounted. It's a good helmet for the price. Medium loud, good fit for an Arai skull, decent build quality, and Transitions shield. 

Just bougt this:

arai-qv-pro.jpg

Not a "ADV" helmet but my riding isd mostly on the street anyway!

• Like 2

I wear a Shoei all black X-14 with a Cardo Packtalk bold installed. I don't like the ADV helmets. Own a Shoei hornet I never wear. The X-14 is a super helmet I actually own two of them.

Well even though 95% of my riding is off-road, so far 100% of that has been solo, so I haven't felt any need to change from my street helmet. HJC RPHA 90. 

• Like 2

Arai XD-4 (Tour X4 in Europe) and Shoei RF-1200.  I love everything about the XD-4, great ventilation, comfort, lightweight, aerodynamic even with visor, looks cool.  Just wish Arai offered transition visors like Shoei.

RF-1200 is a great street helmet.  With transition visor and pinlock insert it can handle any conditions.  I hear it's hard to fit Bluetooth comm's (comfortably anyway) due to the low profile.  Just as comfy as the XD-4, but there's just something about the XD-4 that makes me want to wear it all the time.  

If I get a T7 I want to test both helmets with it.  I'm wondering if the Shoei might be less prone to buffeting (currently not riding any bikes with wind screens).  If buffeting turns out to be a wash between the helmets I could live with just the XD-4.  

Used this CKX Titan Carbon Fibre Original and am blown away how well it works. Super versatile, does not break the bank, comes with 2 sets of goggles and is really quiet and clean. YouTube it. 

29C54C58-0FA0-4451-AEFF-5E770A41D509.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, Rider 101 said:

I will be very interested to hear what you think of this helmet. I have an XD4 ( second time ) in orange and white. It is now close to 5 years old and time for retirement.

Please post up a review when you get your new helmet.

I have the same helmet. I like it!!!

Arai Tour x4 for me and ive had a lot of different helmets over the years and this is the quietest helmet I have ever used.

• Like 2

• Moderators

AFX FX-41DS for me. I use it for dual sport and also exclusively for dirt as the wide eye port allows the use of goggles when conditions get really dusty. Venting is pretty good, not too noisy,  but not as quiet as my full face street helmets, which would cause heat stroke on some of the slow technical single we ride. Price ain't bad either!

Edit: I found the rumble caused by the visor was just too much, so I pulled it off and will only be used for single track on the Beta.

https://motomummy.com/products/afx-fx-41ds-helmet-eiger.html?sku=0110-5352&gclid=CjwKCAjwrvv3BRAJEiwAhwOdM-md5sxJIKTNu0YImYshkC1WegAQoPbcLde0yUkrkHzpqrBCf6ye0hoChqIQAvD_BwE

apiafwhjc__85093.1585177941.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The Titan looks good but well over $1000 in Oz I will probably keep using the XD4. It is nearing 5 years old so getting time for retirement.

I am considering going back to an MX helmet. I always ride with goggles and rarely use the visor on the XD4.

I think the VX Pro 4 might get a run.

VX pro 4a.jpg

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 7:18 AM, DFT700 said:

Used this CKX Titan Carbon Fibre Original and am blown away how well it works. Super versatile, does not break the bank, comes with 2 sets of goggles and is really quiet and clean. YouTube it. 

29C54C58-0FA0-4451-AEFF-5E770A41D509.jpeg

That's a great looking helmet...how is the noise and where could I get one 👍

Aleks 

I wear the only one I have ever found that fits me. An Arai Signet. My fourth. All in white.  I am consistent anyway.

Not an adventure helmet but an ill fitting helmet is no adventure. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have about 10 helmets of various styles but never a modular until recently, I decided to give the scorpion exo-at950 a try.

This is my first modular flip-up helmet, after researching quite a few I settled on the Schuberth knockoff at 1/4 the price Scorpion!  Glowing reviews, reasonability priced, configuration, field of view, and goggle compatibility were determining factors with my selection.  It is a quite comfy helmet, quieter than I expected, the added versatility of the modulator is a feature worth considering with any adventure focused bike. Dualsport Plus in  🇨🇦 had the best price which sealed the deal! 

142123.jpg

Edited by OU812
  • Like 3

I've been spoiled by the ultra lightweight of my X-lite X803 Carbon race helmet...so much so that everything else feels like a brick on my head.

Looking into lightweight ADV options, I've found the Bell MX-9 adventure, and Klim Krios Pro Carbon.

After looking at their feature set, the nod went to the Krios.

The weight is especially important now that I've had a multi-level cervical spinal fusion (neck surgery), combined with me wanting to explore off road (read: bumpy surfaces).

Should be here next week!  I'm excited!!!

- Paul

I ordered a matte black model to better match my XD4 helmet and Klim jacket but ended up with a blue T7.  Oh well.  I'm no fashion model...

20200818_161203.jpg

After my last crash I change my helmet for safety reason

very please with klim Krios pro 

great fit

Very light 

photochromic lense 

safety with koroyd and fast lock and not so expensive 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

10948BE8-8DC2-4FB9-BD84-4A0223F60878.jpeg.f393b0a5ad1d898512eda89ad770c378.jpeg54E92B75-7BDF-4BA9-8D17-CD0634B71E16.jpeg.7ea3e531936868eef6f569a3b9c5770d.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi guys l use Scorpion ADX-1 it’s my first flip front helmet, comes with drop down sun visor and Pinlock visor, my only issue is the peak that causes vibration from 30 mph upwards giving me massive headache

so my top tip ditch the visor it may look cool but it’s not needed especially as it has the sun visor . Bought on offer at Infinity £ 169.00

E9251C0F-A797-423C-95C0-5D010CD6673A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 3:38 PM, Tenerequebec said:

After my last crash I change my helmet for safety reason

very please with klim Krios pro 

great fit

Very light 

photochromic lense 

safety with koroyd and fast lock and not so expensive 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

10948BE8-8DC2-4FB9-BD84-4A0223F60878.jpeg.f393b0a5ad1d898512eda89ad770c378.jpeg54E92B75-7BDF-4BA9-8D17-CD0634B71E16.jpeg.7ea3e531936868eef6f569a3b9c5770d.jpeg

Mine just showed up yesterday...Arsenal Grey.  WOW! what a helmet!  Cannot believe the weight (or lack there of).  

Can't wait to try it out...

I bought a Klim Krios last year and yes the lack of weight is great but the visor is not a great fit and the peak is next to useless for hiding your eyes from low sun.  I've gone back to my Arai Tour Cross, a much better all round helmet imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got my Scorpion at950, great helmet but it is definitely sized small. I got the 3x and it is snug, but really digs into my forehead. Got it from RM, so I’m gonna exchange it for an Aria I guess. I have a Fly Fromula in 2x that fits perfect. Best fitting helmet I’ve ever owned. I also use a Shoei  2x as my adv helmet right now, but on the road, it flows to much air. Really loved the features of the scorpion but I’m not trimming foam on a helmet.  I even have a leatt Mx helmet that’s not to bad. 

So my question is what fits closest to a Fly or Shoei?