Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
prwatts

Fueling is snatchy off-idle

Recommended Posts

prwatts

I find my T7 fueling is generally ok, but off-idle (the first few mm of throttle twist) I find the engine is a bit jerky - like on-off, not smooth.

 

I guess only a power commander or remap can sort that.  My TDM900 was the same and a power commander fixed it perfectly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NRWhiteKnight

A Power Commander may very well help in that area, when they become available. However another route that you might be able to take is to contact Two Wheel Dyno Works and inquire about sending them your ECU to be flashed. They have an extremely quick turn around, with free re-flashing if you make further mods later on, and they currently do flashes on the FZ/MT-07, which has the same CP2 motor. Added bonus is it might be less expensive than a PC.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prwatts

😁  yes, definitely, after the first 600 mile service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimeMachine

It would be cheaper and a better result to remap the ECU. All earlier Yamaha MT07 and MT09 ecus have been cracked and can be remapped easily using Woolich or similar software. I expect the T7 to be no different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
On 8/5/2019 at 12:12 AM, NRWhiteKnight said:

A Power Commander may very well help in that area, when they become available. However another route that you might be able to take is to contact Two Wheel Dyno Works and inquire about sending them your ECU to be flashed. They have an extremely quick turn around, with free re-flashing if you make further mods later on, and they currently do flashes on the FZ/MT-07, which has the same CP2 motor. Added bonus is it might be less expensive than a PC.

Is this tuner based in the UK or does it have a representative? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NRWhiteKnight

They are U.S. based, but drop them an email here:  2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com and ask them about to see about flashing the ECU.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
9 hours ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

They are U.S. based, but drop them an email here:  2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com and ask them about to see about flashing the ECU.

Probably will ask when I get the bike as for the moment I'm on the waiting list.. Thank you for letting me know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cexley

Does anyone know of a 'cam' twist grip option?   They may already exist for MT07/Tracer 700.  This is a popular mod on KTM's with snatchy injection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT

I find my fuelling to be absolutely spot on and have not found the issues others have said.

 

However, the first thing I did with 3 miles on the bike was take up the ridiculous amount of throttle free-play which can only exacerbate the issue (see cam with cables under left-hand side fuel tank). I highly recommend doing that (just ensure, the revs don't rise when you twist the handle-bars lock to lock afterwards).

 

I also fitted an MTC exhaust at the same time.

 

Honestly, fuelling is perfect from every throttle position to idling at low speed etc. I've done plenty of off-roading where correct fuelling and no jerkiness is essential.

 

Rich

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616
43 minutes ago, Cexley said:

Does anyone know of a 'cam' twist grip option?   They may already exist for MT07/Tracer 700.  This is a popular mod on KTM's with snatchy injection.

A chunk of users used an r6 quick turn tube from motion pro, I have used it but went back to stock as it is just as good but more forgiving 


2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarge
23 hours ago, Rich TT said:

I find my fuelling to be absolutely spot on and have not found the issues others have said.

 

However, the first thing I did with 3 miles on the bike was take up the ridiculous amount of throttle free-play which can only exacerbate the issue (see cam with cables under left-hand side fuel tank). I highly recommend doing that (just ensure, the revs don't rise when you twist the handle-bars lock to lock afterwards).

 

I also fitted an MTC exhaust at the same time.

 

Honestly, fuelling is perfect from every throttle position to idling at low speed etc. I've done plenty of off-roading where correct fuelling and no jerkiness is essential.

 

Rich

I completely agree Rich, I had a KTM 990 that despite re-map, throttle tube change yada yada yada was never right..... this is a peach by comparison.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Symon

I spoke with a dealer and for people having this fueling issue.. email Yamaha .. they might do a reflash if enough complain... as they did with the MT09..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
3 hours ago, Symon said:

I spoke with a dealer and for people having this fueling issue.. email Yamaha .. they might do a reflash if enough complain... as they did with the MT09..

I had an early MT-09 and the throttle response was kind of like and off on switch on a powerful responsive quick revving > 💯 bhp engine and addressing the snatch made the bike more rideable for most people. Then I got MT-10 and some thought it to needed remap which I can say the MT-10 is butter smooth in comparison. The Ténéré to me. Therefore it is not the big concern that it was on the MT-09.

Edited by X Plane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
3 hours ago, X Plane said:

I had an early MT-09 and the throttle response was kind of like and off on switch on a powerful responsive quick revving > 💯 bhp engine and addressing the snatch made the bike more rideable for most people. Then I got MT-10 and some thought it to needed remap which I can say the MT-10 is butter smooth in comparison. The Ténéré to me. Therefore it is not the big concern that it was on the MT-09.

My 2014 MT09 had really bad twitchy throttle and I sent my ECU to @2 Wheel DynoWorks and they were able to smooth the fueling out considerably and got me a decent HP boost to boot. They are in our supporting vendor section. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.