Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

QuadLock - SOLD

Burnsey

Now sold.

I've bought a rally tower thingy and my month old set up is available in the next couple of weeks,so just looking for a hand up and sort when removed.

Consists:

• 12mm Crossbar Mount
  • Vibration Dampener
  • Weatherproof Wireless Charging Head
  • Black Lever (didn't like looking at the blue)
  • 50mm Extension arm (never used this)
  • All screws, leads etc.

All that would cost £131.75, but every man and his dog gets 10% off, so around £120.00.

I'm looking for £80.00 from a UK member to make posting simple.

I will also include an iPhone 11 ProMax case and poncho if you have that phone (or want to sell it on) which would add another forty odd quid to your bill if buying new.

Edited by Burnsey

Anyone for this before I pop it in storage as a spare?

There’s also a universal wotsit, which sticks to the back of your device/device case using 3m (unused), so you don’t need a specific case.

7 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Anyone for this before I pop it in storage as a spare?

There’s also a universal wotsit, which sticks to the back of your device/device case using 3m (unused), so you don’t need a specific case.

Just bought this setup myself here in Canada.  Well worth what you are asking!  All the best Burnsey.  

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 11:45 AM, Burnsey said:

I've bought a rally tower thingy and my month old set up is available in the next couple of weeks,so just looking for a hand up and sort when removed.

Consists:

• 12mm Crossbar Mount
  • Vibration Dampener
  • Weatherproof Wireless Charging Head
  • Spare Black Lever (didn't like looking at the blue)
  • 50mm Extension arm (never used this)
  • All screws, leads etc.

All that would cost £131.75, but every man and his dog gets 10% off, so around £120.00.

I'm looking for £80.00 from a UK member to make posting simple.

I will also include an iPhone 11 ProMax case and poncho if you have that phone (or want to sell it on) which would add another forty odd quid to your bill if buying new.

This mounts to the crossbar over the dash?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

This mounts to the crossbar over the dash?

Yes, perfectly.

I also tried it on an auxiliary bracket I bought to use on the handlebars, but now I've bought the Zumo, everything operates through that, so the phone stays in my pocket.

I'm only posting UK though, sorry.

11 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Yes, perfectly.

I also tried it on an auxiliary bracket I bought to use on the handlebars, but now I've bought the Zumo, everything operates through that, so the phone stays in my pocket.

I'm only posting UK though, sorry.

That's too bad; I'm fine with covering the difference in the cost if that's what you're worried about.  

Just figured I'd check, as I've had a tab open to their website looking for this exact setup (well, different phone, but otherwise like this) but hadn't pulled the trigger yet because I was unsure about the crossbar fit.  At least, knowing that it fits securely there answers that question, thanks!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

That's too bad; I'm fine with covering the difference in the cost if that's what you're worried about.  

Just figured I'd check, as I've had a tab open to their website looking for this exact setup (well, different phone, but otherwise like this) but hadn't pulled the trigger yet because I was unsure about the crossbar fit.  At least, knowing that it fits securely there answers that question, thanks!

There will be some offers over Christmas, as I said, everyone gets a 10% discount 'forced' on them before you start.

I just find overseas posting a faff - honest, but not helpful...

This is as much kit you can essentially put on any bracket - the dampener followed by the wireless padand with the phone attached it is a rock solid, perfect fit.

I just don't like that it has to be in landscape mode, unless you're happy to block half the main bike display.

Edited by Burnsey

Yeah, the wireless charging is a must for me now.  I'm running a RAM mount (X-Grip) with a home made wireless charger on my Tracer 900, and I considered that, but they're comparably spendy, and I don't really like faffing around with the rubber band restraining thing - kinda needs to have gloves off to do that, and that's annoying if you just want to grab your phone quick.... And I lost my last phone off said grip without the rubber band thing.... at 180 on the highway.  

I'll need two of these setups, then, which is going to be very expensive, but I'm hoping for quick, easy, and secure - with wireless charging on both.  And while I've never had a vibration induced issue, well... I'd rather keep it at never.

Anyways, I'll just buy em from quadlock.   Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

I have the RAM mount quicklock for the phone.
Usually i only use the phone as an extra on bigger trips ta have fast access to take a picture and at the end of the day to find a place to sleep (i never plan ahead after the first day unless necessary) and this one is quite robust and easy to switch between bikes.
Have the XT on a RAM mount to the crossbar and i could use the quickgrip in the same place, the phone will come on the handlebar but need to find a way to mount it where i want it.

2 hours ago, DuncMan said:

If it helps you out, @Burnseycan ship it to me and I’ll send it in to you in the US. John did that for me a few weeks back so least I can do is return the favour to one of you US boys. That’s if Steve is ok me doing that, of course.

I'm in Canada (which is a little simpler to manage what with commonwealth stuff and all) and I'd be ok with that if he's up for it - haven't ordered from QL yet. 

• Like 1

Sorry both @Wintersdarkand @DuncManonly just noticed this.

To be honest, I was being very uncommunity like, but it's my OCD, which will have me watching the parcel tracking a gazillion times a day for the two months it takes to arrive. OK, a little exaggerated, but I'm so bad with it 😂

Dunc, you're a gent, but I can't ask you to do something I could do myself.

Mr Dark, send me your address and feel free to share the best postal method if you've prior experience of a parcel from the UK,or I'll check with the Post Office tomorrow.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

You’re a gent bro. 💪

Another 'your fault' episodes going in my little black book 😂

• Haha 1

• Burnsey changed the title to QuadLock - SOLD