Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pyrenees trip

Rich TT

11 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Class. Nice. (Darn darn work). Love it. Post Up best trail(s).... Still hating ya, kidding, cracker stuff man. Pissy damp UK. Keep on T7-ing trucking. Keep us updated (pig, lol). Enjoy!

Don't worry, I'm back in cold, damp UK now!!!

We did 3 days of off road and 1 day of pure roads and passes. All 4 were great. Couldn't pick a favourite one as they were all different. The off/on road routes we did are below. All on Wikiloc and uploaded.

Cheers

Rich

Screenshot_20191005_094011_com.wikiloc.wikilocandroid.jpg

Screenshot_20191005_094101_com.wikiloc.wikilocandroid.jpg

Screenshot_20191005_094034_com.wikiloc.wikilocandroid.jpg

Edited by Rich TT

• Premium Member

Haha home 🇬🇧 🥶🙁😨🤧😂. Interesting that area looks doable by riding over from Santander. I’ve no van. A boat from Cork or Portsmouth would save me from the French. Cheers

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Haha home 🇬🇧 🥶🙁😨🤧😂. Interesting that area looks doable by riding over from Santander. I’ve no van. A boat from Cork or Portsmouth would save me from the French. Cheers

Ha ha! Yep, the Spanish much friendlier and better roads too. We stayed in Pamplona, in the foothills, so 2 min from the hotel we had great roads straight the way. Less than 2h from Bilbao where we sailed to and probably less than 3 from Santander.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Don't worry, I'm back in cold, damp UK now!!!

We did 3 days of off road and 1 day of pure roads and passes. All 4 were great. Couldn't pick a favourite one as they were all different. The off/on road routes we did are below. All on Wikiloc and uploaded.

Cheers

Rich

Screenshot_20191005_094011_com.wikiloc.wikilocandroid.jpg

Screenshot_20191005_094101_com.wikiloc.wikilocandroid.jpg

Screenshot_20191005_094034_com.wikiloc.wikilocandroid.jpg

What app are you using to create routes? I'm struggling to find one that I can work with. 

Planing a trip from Chelmsford to Montenegro with the t7 in June. 

50 minutes ago, Aleksandar_the_Great said:

What app are you using to create routes? I'm struggling to find one that I can work with. 

Planing a trip from Chelmsford to Montenegro with the t7 in June. 

Wikiloc as I mentioned in the last post. It's brilliant. Free for 14 days too.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Aleksandar_the_Great said:

Montenegro

Montenegro? Any particular reason(s) ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, X Plane said:

Montenegro? Any particular reason(s) ??

I've got a house there and my mom lives there as well... We usually go for 10 14 days a year for a summer break. 

This is the first time that I'm going on a bike... 

Aleks 

Edited by Aleksandar_the_Great
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, X Plane said:

Yes quite Noel, We normally go from Portsmouth to Bilbo or Santander a long ferry trip with beer and a comfy bed and roll into Spain early in the morning.  Mick 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Yes quite Noel, We normally go from Portsmouth to Bilbo or Santander a long ferry trip with beer and a comfy bed and roll into Spain early in the morning.  Mick 

Boozed and slept on Portsmouth Santander boat Mike, September 2017, on MT-10 to Picos. 

Another video plug opportunity 👍

Edited by X Plane

• 6 months later...

Hi, good trip👏👏

One question about the fork "push-up", is the bike more stable at low speed than before? I think than with the original setting, tend to fall to the sides too much easy.

Another modification that I want to try is to put a "pinion" with one more tooth and to tense the chain, put the rear wheel ahead to make the distance not too long and the bike more agil in closed turns. What do you think? Thanks

Sorry if my english is not so correct, I'm from spain.

@Rich TT I saw you did the offroad sections on the OEM tyres. Can you give me your opinion about them ? I plan to attend HAT Sanremo - Sestriere this year and I'm wondering whether or not I should get other tyres... 

1 hour ago, qInvention said:

@Rich TT I saw you did the offroad sections on the OEM tyres. Can you give me your opinion about them ? I plan to attend HAT Sanremo - Sestriere this year and I'm wondering whether or not I should get other tyres... 

It was completely dry and stoney/gravel and dried up generally. There was a little mud and some wet grass. I'd say they coped reasonably well. Entertaining at times, but I stayed upright. But I was riding like I ride my KTM with knobblies and that was unfair. Overall they did well but we were also riding very hard on the road and the passes. There, they were amazing. Right to the edge of the tyres, ABS kicking in everywhere and felt just like road tyres. If I did it again I may try Anakee Wilds or similar just for that extra confidence off road on that terrain. But overall, the standard tyres did a good job and I'd do it again on them without major concern.

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 3

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. It's always a compromise when chosing tyres, you can't have rubber that works perfectly on any ground, which is why I'm collecting as much information as possible. I'm not vaning the bike to the event, I'll ride down to Italy, which is roughly 1000km one way. So it's important to have tyres that also work reasonably well onroad, while giving the best 'possible' grip offroad.

Edited by qInvention

9 hours ago, qInvention said:

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. It's always a compromise when chosing tyres, you can't have rubber that works perfectly on any ground, which is why I'm collecting as much information as possible. I'm not vaning the bike to the event, I'll ride down to Italy, which is roughly 1000km one way. So it's important to have tyres that also work reasonably well onroad, while giving the best 'possible' grip offroad.

Sure. I found a few videos and it mostly looked like the kind of terrain we did in the Pyrenees. If it was like that and dry, I would have thought the standard tyres would be fine. I just dropped mine down to around 28PSI but I'm sure you could take them to 25PSI no problem. If not and possible wet, I'd get some Anakee Wilds or Bridgestone AX41's.

I would definitely take a spare air filter and the foam type you can wash in petrol and re-oil. They are cheap and plenty of off road websites sell them for the T7 e.g. offtheroad.de.

Plus pull out the foot peg rubbers. They're not needed at all and the standard pegs are OK for grip.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 9:03 AM, Rich TT said:

Sure. I found a few videos and it mostly looked like the kind of terrain we did in the Pyrenees.

I thought so, that's why I turned to you ! thanks again.

I'll give the OEM tyres a try, but I'll swap the air chambers for HD/MX-type tubes. Hope this will increase puncture protection and I can still carry the original tubes for repair. Always hope it's not going to be necessary.

4 hours ago, qInvention said:

I thought so, that's why I turned to you ! thanks again.

I'll give the OEM tyres a try, but I'll swap the air chambers for HD/MX-type tubes. Hope this will increase puncture protection and I can still carry the original tubes for repair. Always hope it's not going to be necessary.

Good call with regards to the tubes. I agree.

Rich