Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Auxiliary lights - what to choose?

Fabros

• Premium Member

Hi guys,

I´m planning and buying all kinds of accessories for the Tenere these days. But now I wonder what kind of lights people here are running? 

In the past I have always used the stock BMW fog lights, since they came pre-installed on the bikes. But now I am looking for some high output auxiliary lightning for those dark forest trips. 

What do you recommend? Denali, Clearwater, PIAA?

image.png.6558003df7f8b770cd7362d48dbf4c45.png

Fabros

• Like 1

360° of light coverage ?

GENPLT240-STD.jpg

• Haha 5

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I'm actually a big fan of Cyclops adventure motorsports https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/

They are big-time adventure riders and really good people.  I turn to them for all of my lighting needs. 

They really do look good! 

Definitely on my list for now. Have you tried some of them yourself?

Fabros 

• Members

I do the cheap Chinese LEDs so that I don't get sad when I smash them. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fabros said:

They really do look good! 

Definitely on my list for now. Have you tried some of them yourself?

Fabros 

Yes, and also their tire monitoring system as well.  I know the owners personally and they are a Vendor on our MT-07 forum.   They race with what they sell, their stuff is race tested. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I'm actually a big fan of Cyclops adventure motorsports https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/

They are big-time adventure riders and really good people.  I turn to them for all of my lighting needs. 

I can’t rave enough about Darryl and his crew at Cyclops lights! His level of customer service and support of the Tenere community has always been first rate! 

45ED01AC-43D6-4E84-9DD4-24D94C410C0C.jpeg

10B30788-E7B1-4840-AF82-BFA84BC1E3D6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Cyclops LED bulb in my headlight which I love.  I should add their aux lights for better visibility to other drivers.  I think that will go on my Christmas list. 

• 1 year later...

what you think about this?

Caratteristiche speciali:<br>- Certificazione come abbagliante e compatibilità elettromagnetica<br>- Omologazione ECE R112 e R10<br>- Portata: 377 m (0,25 Lx)<br>- Numero di riferimento: 12.5<br>- antiurto e impermeabile<br>- Schermatura UV<br>- rivestime

Yesterday I installed these LED lights from the brand interphone.  And am amazed at the amount of light they give.  I used the original yamaha fog lamp brackets for this.

Nick

IMG_20200406_173100.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NickT7 said:

Yesterday I installed these LED lights from the brand interphone.  And am amazed at the amount of light they give.  I used the original yamaha fog lamp brackets for this.

Nick

IMG_20200406_173100.jpg

Those look great. Out of interest did you use the switch or did you bypass that? How did you wire them in, via the accessory cable on the T7 or direct? I see that they come with a loom that looks promising as a plug and play with the T7 plug? Curious to hear the details. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I connected the lamps to the accessories plug under the right side panel.  I used original yamaha connectors there.  The installation is very simple.

Nick

IMG_20200410_150606.jpg

• Like 4

Hi I went with Denali S4 with the high low switch. After reading somewhere on the world wide web about a guy frying his Ecu I decided to let the local garage do the install . They did a really good (expensive) job of them and they are all I was wanting. In the daylight people see you which is one of the things that was really important to me. When the sun goes down these things are superb and ive not had lights that good before. Ive had very few chances to try them on a trail in the dark but I know they will light everything up perfectly.

My old Tenere 1200 had a bank of 4 Oem lights across the front and they were nothing compared to these. 

I have a spare set of Denali S4 sat here and I'm wondering whether to install them as well.

Cheers Steve

IMG_0704.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I have mounted vision X LEDs , model: dura mini combo.

the video is in french, but in it you can some viedos between original, chinese led and vision X...

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

• Premium Member

I'm big fan of the ADVMonster - http://stores.advmonster.com

I used their Model 30 for good 60k km on my Honda CB500x, crashed them, broke the glass, got water in them because of that, still survived! I only manage to break them after I crashed them 2nd time (after about 4 years).

So, for T7 I went with Model 55 which is combined flood light + 7 degree spot, with the dimmer and high beam override. They put out a lot of light, the flood is great and when they're at max + high beam it's very comfortable to travel at night.

They're also good fit because they use max 2.1A each much reduced with the dimmer which means the lights + grips will fit into the 10A fuse rating for the Accessories circuit.

More info will be in accessory video coming soon.

Big problem is the high beam override does not work for Tenere 700 due to electronics of the T7 headlight! But this is not issue of the lights but the Dimmer/High beam switch.

Pavel

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, Stephen H said:

Hi I went with Denali S4 with the high low switch. After reading somewhere on the world wide web about a guy frying his Ecu I decided to let the local garage do the install . They did a really good (expensive) job of them and they are all I was wanting. In the daylight people see you which is one of the things that was really important to me. When the sun goes down these things are superb and ive not had lights that good before. Ive had very few chances to try them on a trail in the dark but I know they will light everything up perfectly.

My old Tenere 1200 had a bank of 4 Oem lights across the front and they were nothing compared to these. 

I have a spare set of Denali S4 sat here and I'm wondering whether to install them as well.

Cheers Steve

IMG_0704.JPG

Hi Stephen, what light bar supports did you go for?  I’m going to fit the S4’s as well, I ordered the genuine Yamaha light bars, but not 100% sure they will fit!

F0D3D64A-CBC1-427D-874F-762D0B3A37BA.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Fred

That’s exactly what I used and fits perfectly 

Cheers Steve 

• Like 2

I’m going with Denali S4’s too, with the oem mounts. Have you got yours with no separate switch, just come on with the ignition on 50% power and 100% when you flick high beam on. Haven’t got my bike yet, so will be a couple of weeks before I get to fit them. 

• Moderators

Cyclops has their plug and play set ready to go now - Lets Go! High or low fender options. Thanks again for the donor bike @PNWTEN 🍻

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Alf Meister

I have just sent you an email

Cheers Steve

• Like 1