Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Wet Weight is 450 lbs-205 kg

Cruizin

• Members

Wet or dry? Sorry, still working and haven't been able to delve into the new info yet.

I wonder what the weight saving is for the full Akrapovic titanium system  .  .  .  . as per some promo pictures?  I'd be interested.

Wow 450 pounds is only 10 pounds less than my FJ 09 wet with the stock exhaust and center stand. With that off I’m definitely  lighter. How can it be that heavy with the smaller engine? They go cheap and use a lot of steel? 

I really like the package as it was presented, I'm really interested to see how it will stack up against KLR650 and Africa Twin.  It is surprising to me to see a quoted wet weight higher than that of the KLR650 (432 pounds according to Kawasaki website), I was hoping it would be 420 pounds or less given that the MT07 is 403 pounds.  I assume it will pack more power and a considerably better off-road suspension than the Kawasaki though.  Also, still 50 plus pounds less than the Africa Twin.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kklingsh said:

I really like the package as it was presented, I'm really interested to see how it will stack up against KLR650 and Africa Twin.  It is surprising to me to see a quoted wet weight higher than that of the KLR650 (432 pounds according to Kawasaki website), I was hoping it would be 420 pounds or less given that the MT07 is 403 pounds.  I assume it will pack more power and a considerably better off-road suspension than the Kawasaki though.  Also, still 50 plus pounds less than the Africa Twin.

And 100+ lbs less then a Super Tenere with only 20 less HP....

too heavy for me, its same weight as my FJ-09... the seat height is standard MX/SX, which dont bother me after years of dirt biking...but damn that 450# is preventing me from showing anymore interest in the T7... Sorry Yamaha, back to the drawing board you go and put the T7 on a diet and maybe set up the suspension for the avg overweight North American rather than the 130# teenage test rider yall use... 

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• Premium Member

KTM 790 is heavier! Wow. 189kg dry. With 16l fuel and all other fluids it will be heavier than the T700.

Fabros

Archived