Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ABS Front Wheel Only

close range

Have any of the abs/technical wizards out there found a way to disable just rear wheel abs? I find having abs on the front and off on the rear as desirable in certain off-road situations. Some other adv bikes offer this function from factory.

Ideally having this switchable on-the-fly is ideal.

Try the RHS button on the lower dash. Switches rear abs off. OFFROAD  then  lights up on the screen. 

15900401543567745263634031524048.jpg

I thought it switches off ABS to both front and rear?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, close range said:

I thought it switches off ABS to both front and rear?

I think you are right... 👍

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I think you are right... 👍

Oooops, I think your right 😊 was thinking of the Africa Twin, my last bike traded for the T7. Too many toys in the shed, I'm losing track or dementia is setting in.🤪

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...

Front ABS is always on even when you turn the ABS off with the button in the dashboard. The rear is the only one that goes off or on based on the button and ABS light. 

• Dislike 1

I wish I knew the answer to this 100% without having to grab a fist full of front brake with the ABS turned off (off road mode).  😜

• Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, RobFelicci said:

Front ABS is always on even when you turn the ABS off with the button in the dashboard. The rear is the only one that goes off or on based on the button and ABS light. 

Sorry, incorrect. Both Front & Rear  ABS are disabled when placed in Off-Road mode.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

What do you guys do when you get bored on a ride...?  Both wheels lock up nicely.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using this kit now for about 6 months and love it. It's a little on the technical side to install but I managed to do mine ok and it works flawlessly so far.