Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello Fellow Explorers

Marcus

Greetings from the sunny (rainy season now) island of Singapore!

I got into motorcycles pretty late in my life at the age of 26. Started off on a WR200(DT), on to a FZ-16 and finally a YZF-R1. Since I was young, I was fascinated with motorsports, watching the riders carving up corners like a turkey on Thanks Giving. So I went and took my license (3 years to attain an unrestricted license) so that I could achieve my dream to own a fantastic beast of a machine.

Had some great memories with it, done some track days and pretty much scratched that itch of owning a Super Sport.

I just got back from a 3 day trip into Malaysia, riding the twisties and completing a 1,500km journey of beautiful scenery up and down the mountains and that made me think, would this trip be better with the Tenere 700?

Well, I'm here to find out and get to know you guys as well, see you around the forums!

Regards.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:44 PM, TavisB said:

Welcome Marcus! Post up some pics from Malaysia!

Glad that you asked, however, I will have to disappoint you this time round. My phone along with pictures of the beautiful scenery got destroyed on my way back due to the rain.

Rest assured I will be happy to share pictures of future trips. Next big one is a 6,200km round trip journey to the land of smiles next April. Unfortunately, I dont think the Tenere 700 will be ready by then so I will be making memories with my trusty R1, hehe.

On 11/6/2018 at 4:26 AM, Marcus said:

Greetings from the sunny (rainy season now) island of Singapore!

I got into motorcycles pretty late in my life at the age of 26. Started off on a WR200(DT), on to a FZ-16 and finally a YZF-R1. Since I was young, I was fascinated with motorsports, watching the riders carving up corners like a turkey on Thanks Giving. So I went and took my license (3 years to attain an unrestricted license) so that I could achieve my dream to own a fantastic beast of a machine.

Had some great memories with it, done some track days and pretty much scratched that itch of owning a Super Sport.

I just got back from a 3 day trip into Malaysia, riding the twisties and completing a 1,500km journey of beautiful scenery up and down the mountains and that made me think, would this trip be better with the Tenere 700?

Well, I'm here to find out and get to know you guys as well, see you around the forums!

Regards.

Welcome to the forum @Marcus  Thanks for joining us! How's the riding in Singapore? 

5 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome to the forum @Marcus  Thanks for joining us! How's the riding in Singapore? 

Greetings Cruizin!

Thanks for setting up this forum.

Riding in Singapore has been a wonderful experience. The riding community here is pretty close knit with various riding groups organizing rides either locally or overseas to Malaysia, Thailand and beyond. The roads are nicely paved with pot holes being filled as soon as they appear.

It is not illegal to lane split here, but the authorities did not explicitly state that neither is it legal. It's pretty much a gray area. The traffic police will catch you for reckless riding if they deem your lane splitting manouvers to be dangerous.

We do not have many off road sections nor beautiful sweeping corners like our neighbours to the North but all that is easily indulged with a custom crossing into Malaysia.

Cheers!

Archived