Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The dealer YDS system crashed, hardly any USA orders went thru

Cruizin

I just talked to my dealer. They are the nation's LARGEST single line Yamaha dealer. They even sent me a screen shot from Yamaha Corporate that I promised not to share. 

The Registration numbers that we all got were two digits too long, the Yamaha YDS system would not accept it. Then, the Yamaha Dealer ordering form crashed. As of right now, Yamaha USA has pulled it from the dealer website in YDS. 

Those of you who's dealers are telling you that your order went thru, a lot of them are lying to you to keep you calm. 

Most of our orders are still at the dealer. Yamaha USA told my dealer that people are going to be fired today, but there is, at this time, no remedy availible for dealers to actually submit these orders. 

I'll update this thread when I get more info. Call your dealers and tell them to tell you the facts. Please share if you get more info. 

My dealer said my number went through first try but they were having issues with other numbers going through. Those were the numbers that they were doing the preorders on. Wonder what happened.  It was a long number.