Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 and 790 out for exercise...

Great Escape

Man that T7 of yours looks the bolocks 🤩👍

Well done mate. Really liking the paint. 

🔥👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

We expect you to stay in front of that damn 790! 

That 790 handles like a dream.

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Until the Fuel pump goes out 

That’s why I’ll be selling mine once the T7 arrives next week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was on the 790 adventure forum and there are more problems with that bike the adventures. Clutches are burning up due to clogged oil jet, cases cracking due to right peg mounts to motor. Traction control settings freezing up. No manufacturer support,  warranty not being accepted for repairs.  Damn i almost bought it when T7 preorders were changing.  To the point of pulling 790 out of show room and having numbers ran. Decided to sleep on it. Had a good sleep now i have my claim number for my T7. 

Edited by Mr.motarded
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Was on the 790 adventure forum and there are more problems with that bike the adventures. Clutches are burning up due to clogged oil jet, cases cracking due to right peg mounts to motor. Traction control settings freezing up. No manufacturer support,  warranty not being accepted for repairs.  Damn i almost bought it when T7 preorders were changing.  To the point of pulling 790 out of show room and having numbers ran. Decided to sleep on it. Had a good sleep now i have my claim number for my T7. 

thanks for reminding me. Iv'e been reading about those issues and meaning to post about it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Glad you stuck it out. I've had nothing but KTMs since 2005, they excel in everything but dependability and reliability. Stupid stuff like blown gaskets, bent shift forks, scared shift drum, and lets not forget rocker roller bearings (on all 3 KTMs!). These things never happen in the garage, always 20-50 miles in the middle of the desert. I call'em the day after Beerfest Bikes. All the Yamaha's prior not a issue one. As I've mentioned before, I'm KTMed out. You can't beat Yamaha build quality, I'm so looking forward to this bike!

• Like 1

Yeah ive had my share of KTM issues, my 350exc left me in the middle of the freeway had to have chp stop traffic for me just so i could get to the shoulder.  The damn stator grenaded on me. 

Ktm 690smc rocker bearings tanked and due to weight bias had a tank slapper that chucked me over the bars broke my wrist and ankle in that on. Ktm 500exc bad fuel pump due to highly restrictive fuel filter and fork seal that leaked even afte having it at suspension guy twice apparently ktm left a bushing out from factory added bushing leak fixed. But both my ktm 200xcws were flawless and absolutely amazing trail bikes. 

My buddy got a bad tank slapper on his 1190 adventure r at 100mph that almost killed him. Had to get life flight from the middle of the desert his arm will never be the same he couldn't even think about riding for over a year, he is now on a bmw 1200gs. 

Ive seen a ton of issues with ktm over the years but its to be expected when you pump out the max power with the least amount of materials. 

Light weight and high power is a fine line and ktm sits on that line without any margin for error.  

• Like 1