Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Share what your local yamaha dealer says about Release date

Cruizin

For those of you in the rest of the world, please share what your dealer says about when the XTZ 700 Tenere will be ready to purchase in your area.   This will help others in your country/region. 

My dealer here in Idaho, USA is very upset. They have been getting tons of inquiries about the T 700 Tenere and zero info from Yamaha.   They were as excited as we were about the T 7.  They saw the potential sales revenue in 2019. 

Then, the Niken came along. And, absolutely nobody wants to buy a Nken. I mean zero inquiries. But at the same time, they are getting a lot of pressure from Yamaha to order some Nikens so that people will buy them. Now, unlike with other models in the past, Yamaha isn't offering any dealer floor or loaner specials on Nikens. No dealer discounts, nothing, but they are putting on the pressure to dealers to just order these expensive ugly phucking things that nobody wants. 

So, my dealer starts calling the other Yamaha dealers across the country and it turns out that none of them are ordering Nikens.  Nobody is asking about them, nobody is placing deposits and dealers all over the country are wondering just why in the hell Yamaha built the damn thing in the first place. Who is this bike really for, anyways? 

Then Yesterday happens and dealers were shocked to look on the USA Yamaha website and see that The Tenere 700  motorcycle is gonna be a 2021 model in North America. 

My dealer is frustrated. The hottest selling bikes were the MT-09 and MT-07. But that was 2-3 years ago.  They dont have that killer new model on the Showroom. The 700 Tracer still isn't coming to the USA. The killer new model is the Niken, but nobody wants a 3 wheeled tracer 900 for $16,000 that is slower. 

He also stated that he suspects that the delay in the USa has less to do with Tariffs and USA emissions and more to do with trying to boost Niken sales here.  

It's gonna be a tough year or two for USA Yamaha dealers. 

• Premium Member

All very good points, my dealer has my name on a list and will order one for me as soon as he can. No deposit required. He’s an ATV/side x side/ snowmobile dealer that doesn’t sell  motorcycles but can order anything.. Back in 2012 he was the regional sales leader for the Super Tenere because our group kept sending guys his way ? In Cle Elum the sales tax is also much lower then the west side too ☺️

4 minutes ago, PNWTEN said:

All very good points, my dealer has my name on a list and will order one for me as soon as he can. No deposit required. He’s an ATV/side x side/ snowmobile dealer that doesn’t sell  motorcycles but can order anything.. Back in 2012 he was the regional sales leader for the Super Tenere because our group kept sending guys his way ? In Cle Elum the sales tax is also much lower then the west side too ☺️

Let him know Im working on a forum for the soon to be announced Honda Talon side x side. 

• Premium Member

As for Norway I have been told June 2019 for the past couple of months by Yamaha Officials. 

I am still hoping for April, but time will show. 

Fabros

6 hours ago, Fabros said:

As for Norway I have been told June 2019 for the past couple of months by Yamaha Officials. 

I am still hoping for April, but time will show. 

Fabros

I hope it comes April as well! My dealer has not responded to my queries yet but here's hoping in the next few days, they can let me know when units will be available in the South East Asian region.

I've heard from twelve different dealers here in Sweden, the answers have varied greatly. Everything from nothing at reasonable price & delivery time.

What I received is, at the earliest May, but probably June, but then in a very limited number.

The price is likely to be 104 900sek, which today would amount to $ 11 683. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Hornlund said:

I've heard from twelve different dealers here in Sweden, the answers have varied greatly. Everything from nothing at reasonable price & delivery time.

What I received is, at the earliest May, but probably June, but then in a very limited number.

The price is likely to be 104 900sek, which today would amount to $ 11 683. 

That sounds about right. I have been told around 130.000NOK, but we have a lot more taxes than our Swedish neighbours. ?

Fabros

Singapore main distributor for Yamaha just responded to my email:

"Much regret, the Tenere 700 is not available"

What that means leaves a lot to speculate. I'm going to try and clear up their response and ask them for clarification.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:39 AM, Marcus said:

Singapore main distributor for Yamaha just responded to my email:

"Much regret, the Tenere 700 is not available"

What that means leaves a lot to speculate. I'm going to try and clear up their response and ask them for clarification.

My dealer has finally responded.

He says that the Tenere 700 is currently limited to specifically catered regions. Hence they cannot import it in, yet.

They are awaiting for factory approval to commence import procedures. Now the big question is which factory, the Europe one or the one in Japan.

I'm going to check in next year and ask them more about it.

The only way Yamaha will sell this bike is to completely undercut everyone else, like they did with the original MT-07.  When it came out it smashed everyone else.  Maybe all their effort is to get the price down as much as possible even at the expense of time and a few kg here and there.

I understand this from a marketing point, but I am luck enough to be able to afford to pay a bit more for a premium.  My problem is I want a simple T7 as light as possible and built with premium materials - light frame, the best wheels, best suspension.  I don't want gadgets although maybe some switcheable maps would be nice.

So once again I cannot get what I really want and am willing to pay for.   The 2 versions we predicted could be the Economy Model and the Excel Model.  I pout Ohlins and an Akrapovic on my GS and oh my it is nice....

Peter

Archived